Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Help with 2 Vs tanks!!Sorry for the Newb question, just spent two hours reading posts

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Help with 2 Vs tanks!!Sorry for the Newb question, just spent two hours reading posts

Old 07-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Step1973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 2 Vs tanks!!Sorry for the Newb question, just spent two hours reading posts

Hey guys,

this site is awesome and as much as I love it, my wife will likely equally hate itóso many new things Iíve seen that I now want!

so, Iím thinking this one will be an easy one for you guys but I swear, after looking for 2 hours, I couldnít find a definite answer...

I was recently given two working vs Tanks (ce0678, m4a3 Sherman and Tiger I), both of which have stickers for vtx10 am digital (which Iíve learned is the transmitter designation, if I am not mistaken).

after searching for a bit, the only store I found online that had the VtX10 branded vs tank controller is sold out. My question: can I use other controllers? If not, any suggestion where I could find 2 controllers for prices that wonít kill me? I want my two kids to have a chance to enjoy these but if the price point is prohibitive, that will suck...

any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am a complete beginner so please be gentle. I do promise to pay it forward in a year or so, when I can finally hopefully help someone like me.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:32 PM
Michal_Kaczorowski

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello and welcome.. It seems those are 1/24 tanks? There are not expensive alternatives like Heng Long or Taigen electronics (made for 1/16 tanks). Question is if those will fit in smaller tanks.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:44 AM
Anubizz

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, really hope someone can help you, however most likely cheaper to buy new plastic Henglong tank than replacing the electronic of rare rc tank not considering the space in 1/24 will be extremely tight, and it seems it have rubber track (this will fail soon and will be nightmare to replace it), if I were you I just use it as display piece as it seem it look descent especially if weather and buy 1 short barrel plastic HengLong tank like Sherman and Panzer 4 for the kids to play and if they really like it buy the second one for battle, it shoot bb , have ir battle , have smoke, and the most important of all its cheap and the replacement part is readily available and extremely cheap.

Last edited by Anubizz; 07-14-2021 at 03:00 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 07-14-2021, 07:10 AM
borealis

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had two of them. Their electronics are split in a couple of sub-boards and it is difficult to imagine an easy swap with a custom or HL board. For experienced only, I should say. It might require re-wiring connectors and so on.
Their transmitter was a button-type one, therefore not compatible with standard transmitters.
I would look on ebay for used transmitters, or complete models with same frequency transmitter (there were like 4 or something like that, not many available frequencies), you might find something there.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:16 PM
MAUS45

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

This could work? It is from 35rctank.com. P3
Also Clark has 1/35 controllers that could possibly work for 1/24. Welcome to CLARK MODEL

Last edited by MAUS45; 07-23-2021 at 03:21 PM.