Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Jeep Winter Run

Old 07-13-2021, 04:19 PM
Tankhobby

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Jeep Winter Run

So it's the middle of the Summer and I decided to post some video of my jeep from the Winter. This is the Rockhobby 1/6 scale jeep as most of you will probably recognize. Unfortunately the compression when loading up to utube makes some of it grainy and the image quality is lost. I'll try to keep that in mind next time I take my camcorder out with me. This jeep ran great in the snow, I take it out more than my 1/5 Max Stone since I got it.

The following users liked this post:
LosTxSouL94 (07-13-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 01:50 AM
Crius

Received 108 Likes on 96 Posts

Looks good. I have one of those Jeeps myself. Where did you get that 30 cal, and more importantly, the mount and the ammo box? Did you buy that somewhere, and if so, have you got a link? I've got a couple of decent machine guns, I just need a good Mount and ammo box to go with it.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:01 AM
RC_BobM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds good too! Did you mention what sound system? ESS dual sense? Bennedini? Sorry if this info is in another post..
B
Old 07-14-2021, 12:39 PM
Tankhobby

You can get the ammo box and gun cradle stl files on Thingiverse. Search for "Tankhobby" and they should show up. There's a gas can and some other goodies that should show up. You will need to use your own plastic or metal rods to make the gun cradle. Thin rods do not print well on FDM printers.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:42 PM
Tankhobby

Originally Posted by RC_BobM View Post
Sounds good too! Did you mention what sound system? ESS dual sense? Bennedini? Sorry if this info is in another post..
B
No I bought generic sound module off Amazon, you can get them from Banggood also. They have like 40-50 different sounds to choose from and you can turn off the stupid "brake" sound.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 07-20-2021, 06:39 AM
Crius

Lately I've been seeing another system, I think it's by the same people, I think it only has one speaker, but I'm sure it's only half the price. You guys know what a cheap Buzzard I am so maybe I'll try one out and let you guys know how they are. I'm okay with spending $80 because it sounds so good, but if I can get decent sound for half the price you guys know I'll be on that like white on rice.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:41 PM
Tankhobby

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
Lately I've been seeing another system, I think it's by the same people, I think it only has one speaker, but I'm sure it's only half the price. You guys know what a cheap Buzzard I am so maybe I'll try one out and let you guys know how they are. I'm okay with spending $80 because it sounds so good, but if I can get decent sound for half the price you guys know I'll be on that like white on rice.
I put one of these in my MaxStone crawler, it's nice and also controls directional lights, backup lights and headlights. Comes with all the LEDs.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/simulate...ucts_analytics
Old 07-21-2021, 01:17 AM
Crius

|I was thinking about trying this

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-21-2021, 03:14 AM
Tankhobby

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
Looks nice, if you get it please do a review. I will need a sound module for my 1/6 Dragon/Spyker Sherman.
I wonder what "6. Support intelligent English and Chinese voice prompts, so that the operation becomes easy and free." means?
Old 07-21-2021, 03:42 AM
Crius

I'll definitely do a review, but I might not get to that project until this winter. I'm not sure what's up with those voice prompts but I will investigate if I get one. What control board will you be using for your Sherman? I have a 1/6 scale M5 Stuart and I'm planning to use an ibu2 in that because it can run on 12 volts, it covers all the functions, and it has built-in sound. I just need to see if I can find engine sounds for the Cadillac engines they had in the M5.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:31 PM
Tankhobby

I have a few different Sabertooth ESCs that I will use since I have them.* There's a plethora of tank controllers out now and to try and research which one might work best is time I would rather spend on other things. I use the Sabertooths on my 1/6 21st Century Stuart and another Stuart chassis I use for testing tracks (a third mint condition Stuart on the project waiting list). They work well so I'm happy with them. Sound will be one of the items mentioned before. I have some sound modules also that I can record other sounds on and trigger through electronics like gun firing, maybe commander shouting bad words, etc. My Sherman project is going along but slowly, so when/if you get to the review is late this year might be when I'm at that stage of the project. I put Airsoft in my 1/6 tanks, I'm thinking a different method for this one. Something like the RC warship pneumatic BB cannons that run off CO2 cartridges. Maybe CO2 powered or one of those small compressors that would feed a small air tank and a solenoid to fire.

*I have accumulated quite a few ESCs over time, some single and some dual drive. I made a challenge to use them all in projects before buying new ones.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:48 PM
Crius

I like the Sabertooth, I have one in my 1/6 scale hetzer, but that tank also has an IBU for all the rest of the functions. It's actually a fairly versatile board and I have the servo on the barrel recoil circuit set up pull to the trigger on the .50 caliber paintball Cannon and what used to be Barrel elevation Now controls Traverse on the remote operated machine gun. Actual Traverse and elevation for the main Cannon are both controlled with pots on the transmitter. Anyway, I picked up a brand new M5 Stuart, still in the box, but it's so light that I'm pretty sure an IBU2 Pro will be able to handle it on a 3s lipo. At least I'm sure enough that we will eventually find out, if of course, I ever get around to this project. Still working on the King Tiger right now. That's almost ready for a build thread.