Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heikendorf Panther latest

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heikendorf Panther latest

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 08:23 AM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

That's gotta be tough on an 84 year old.

But at least most of the fines go to charities.

I hope the tank gets a good home.

Thanks for the update.

P
Old 08-03-2021, 10:15 AM
Tailspin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only tank museum near Seattle I know of is the late Paul Allen's Flying Heritage & Armor museum at Paine Field in Everett which is now controlled by his sister and may be closed for good.
I hope they buy the Panther but we will see.
Steve

Old 08-03-2021, 10:57 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I just wonder if he'll get to keep the money from the sale of the tank and the flak gun. They should bring much, much more than the 250,000 Euro fines. The panther alone should be worth 3 to 4 million u.s. dollars. At the least.

And something tells me they will not be reimbursing him for the damage they did to the panther in removing it from his basement.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:21 AM
jha13

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

he can keep the money from the sale, because the panther and the 8,8 are still his property.
The judgement is based on a deal.
An excerpt from the reasons for the verdict:
The accused had not acted with malicious intent, but as a collector, said the presiding judge in the reasons for the sentence. The chamber considered the man's old age, his lack of previous convictions and his confession as mitigating factors. The finding of many weapons and ammunition in the defendant's property argued against a minor case. In essence, the trial was about whether tanks and anti-aircraft guns fall under the War Weapons Control Act and thus may not be privately owned. On the basis of several expert opinions, however, the court, in contrast to the prosecution, considered only the anti-aircraft gun to possibly be a weapon of war. In the end, the 84-year-old was only convicted of possession of a war weapon in the case of a machine gun barrel and two cartridges.
Four months of the suspended sentence are considered served due to unlawful length of proceedings. The "Panther" tank and an 8.8-centimetre calibre anti-aircraft gun seized in the summer of 2015 must be sold by the Heikendorfer to a suitable museum or collector within two years. According to the defence, a museum in Seattle (USA) is interested in the tank. Afterwards, a collector from North Rhine-Westphalia wants to take over the flak. The court, the public prosecutor's office and the defence had previously reached an agreement on Tuesday. This included the confession read out by the man's lawyer. The man from Heikendorf waived compensation, possible damages for pain and suffering and the return of weapons and ammunition. During the seizure of the weapons by the investigators in summer 2015, the house and the tank had been damaged. The verdict can still be appealed.
The following 2 users liked this post by jha13:
Ex_Pat_Tanker (08-03-2021), herrmill (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 02:05 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

And that, my friends...

Old 08-03-2021, 02:21 PM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Living in Seattle I do hope Paul Allen's FH buys the Panther! That would be awesome. I wish they could have bought Littlefield's Panther A, but we'd take that one too! I feel bad for the gent getting raided and his stuff hauled out of his basement. That blows.

I don't think FHC is closed for good - just closed until Covid slows enough to re-open. I least I hope so - its one of the best air and tank museums on the West Coast.

What a saga. Thanks for the details jha13!
bob
The following users liked this post:
herrmill (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 02:21 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I say we begin a collection to buy the Panther. I offer my services as CEO, treasurer and grand poobah of this consortium
and further offer to store the Panther here. I'll start a GoFundme page forthwith.

For all contributors and patrons who help fund my... ummm our purchase of this Panther I grant visitation rights, but no touching, during the hours of 14:23 pm and 14:27 pm of the 5th Friday of even numbered months....

Jerry
(CEO of Panther Productions LLC )
The following 3 users liked this post by Tanque:
Ex_Pat_Tanker (08-03-2021), herrmill (08-03-2021), Pah co chu puk (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 04:00 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by jha13
he can keep the money from the sale, because the panther and the 8,8 are still his property.
The judgement is based on a deal.
An excerpt from the reasons for the verdict:
The accused had not acted with malicious intent, but as a collector, said the presiding judge in the reasons for the sentence. The chamber considered the man's old age, his lack of previous convictions and his confession as mitigating factors. The finding of many weapons and ammunition in the defendant's property argued against a minor case. In essence, the trial was about whether tanks and anti-aircraft guns fall under the War Weapons Control Act and thus may not be privately owned. On the basis of several expert opinions, however, the court, in contrast to the prosecution, considered only the anti-aircraft gun to possibly be a weapon of war. In the end, the 84-year-old was only convicted of possession of a war weapon in the case of a machine gun barrel and two cartridges.
Four months of the suspended sentence are considered served due to unlawful length of proceedings. The "Panther" tank and an 8.8-centimetre calibre anti-aircraft gun seized in the summer of 2015 must be sold by the Heikendorfer to a suitable museum or collector within two years. According to the defence, a museum in Seattle (USA) is interested in the tank. Afterwards, a collector from North Rhine-Westphalia wants to take over the flak. The court, the public prosecutor's office and the defence had previously reached an agreement on Tuesday. This included the confession read out by the man's lawyer. The man from Heikendorf waived compensation, possible damages for pain and suffering and the return of weapons and ammunition. During the seizure of the weapons by the investigators in summer 2015, the house and the tank had been damaged. The verdict can still be appealed.

If it were in the U.S. he could also keep the proceeds from the sale of his collection.

That is except for the little piece (read 70%) kept by Uncle Sam (aka the IRS) and if he were in The People's Paradise of Kalifornia 25%
kept by Uncle Gavin (aka the disen"Francise"d Tax Board).

Yepppers, if he 'lived' here he'd be lucky to have enough left over for a good Diebels Alt and a plate of spaetzle mit linsen.....

Jerry