Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The October War- 619th TB hosts an annual Arab - Israeli battle

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The October War- 619th TB hosts an annual Arab - Israeli battle

Old 10-11-2021, 06:26 AM
RichJohnson

Received 130 Likes on 89 Posts
Default The October War- 619th TB hosts an annual Arab - Israeli battle

Every October 619th TB hosts an Arab - Israeli themed tank battle in San Diego.
This years battle was exceptionally great. We have been using an alternate field location this summer as we were pushed out of Mission Bay park by homeless and RVers that took over the area as the city stopped enforcing anything during Coronavirus.

Our alternate field has a 4ft raised area that became our Golan Heights and we had many battles defending and attacking the high ground as well as retreats and regrouping in the village for both the IDF and the Arab allies.
We also had some air support this battle from a Helicopter and had to deploy the Marksman tank to take it out.
Dak CO Ethan also flew a drone for a bit to film some action of the battle.
This was one of the best events I have had in quite a while. But I always look forward to the October War every year.

The following 3 users liked this post by RichJohnson:
bowlman (10-11-2021), Pah co chu puk (10-12-2021), tankme (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 07:24 AM
Crius

Received 149 Likes on 131 Posts

Man, that looks like it was a whole lot of fun. You guys have a great Club out there. Just one tip, if the guy with the Drone is not federally licensed, be very, very careful about posting footage on the internet. The FAA is really paying attention and they're giving out some very Hefty fines for people that post footage on monetized YouTube channels and don't have a federal drone license. I heard about a guy in Chicago that got fined over $100,000. I think it's best to play it safe on that, just in case. Anyway, the still photos look great, I can't wait to see video.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:22 PM
Fsttanks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson View Post
Every October 619th TB hosts an Arab - Israeli themed tank battle in San Diego.
This years battle was exceptionally great. We have been using an alternate field location this summer as we were pushed out of Mission Bay park by homeless and RVers that took over the area as the city stopped enforcing anything during Coronavirus.

Our alternate field has a 4ft raised area that became our Golan Heights and we had many battles defending and attacking the high ground as well as retreats and regrouping in the village for both the IDF and the Arab allies.
We also had some air support this battle from a Helicopter and had to deploy the Marksman tank to take it out.
Dak CO Ethan also flew a drone for a bit to film some action of the battle.
This was one of the best events I have had in quite a while. But I always look forward to the October War every year.

That was a fun battle day. It really illiterates the advantages the IDF had over the Syrian armor and how long range gunnery skill used from an elevated position saved the IDF from defeat.

It sucked being on the Syrian side. We kept losing 3/4 our tanks (even with “regens” two per attacking tank) before we could even make it the 30 yards to the base of the hill (it was a turkey shoot for the IDF side). Oh and trying to hit those M51s on top of the hill was a real challenge given the angle the IR beams where hitting the IR receivers. This kind of mimicked what the Syrian tanks experienced with the difficulties engaging the IDF during the October conflict.

If you ever have a chance to participate in one of the 619 Tank Battalions “October Wars” don’t pass it up.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:56 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Fun to run my IDF tanks.... even when shredding a gearbox that Tamiya can't seem to replace right now.....

The "Golan" was interesting from all aspects.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:14 PM
MAUS45

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Great photos, thanks for sharing!!!