Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

regarding tank for sale

Old 05-14-2022, 06:04 AM
dsbc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default regarding tank for sale

Hi,
question about selling a tank model here.
I posted an item, and got a reply back from the forum about setting up paypal, etc.

Does it cost to sell here, or a donation if it sells?
Anything else I should know?
Sorry for dumb questions, but am not sure how things work here

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-14-2022, 01:51 PM
Tankhobby

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I sold an item last year and it didn't coast anything. There wasn't any forum reply except for those that were interested. Was the reply form a forum member?
Old 05-15-2022, 06:39 AM
dsbc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your reply Tankhobby.

this is the private message I got ...

Below is an invoice for your RCU ad "Tamiya Tiger I 1/16 RC" to help you transact with your buyer. You can copy and paste the invoice into a new private message, or email it to them. Don't forget to add your billing information (e.g. your PayPal email), the buyer's shipping information, and any additional payment terms.

Date: May 14, 2022
Bill To:
Shipping Address:
Description: Tamiya Tiger I 1/16 RC
Price: $1,500.00
Payments Accepted: PayPal
Payment Terms:

Here's a PayPal link to help you set up a new transaction. There's also a link to help you make a super simple 'Buy Now' button for your ad that you can send to your buyer!

SET UP a Transaction with PayPal
Learn how to create a 'Buy Now" button with PayPal
Old 05-15-2022, 09:48 AM
Crius

Received 201 Likes on 174 Posts

I wouldn't be at all surprised if RCU doesn't have some kind of arrangement with PayPal that every time someone creates an account through their link they profit.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:32 AM
Tankhobby

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Probably selling advice, definitely pushing for using PayPal. You will pay PayPal fees when you sell with PayPal. I use it for eBay and other online transactions with the acceptance of those fees, so I price accordingly.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:06 PM
Crius

Received 201 Likes on 174 Posts

Depends on how well you know the other guy. I use friends and family quite a bit and haven't been burned yet (knock on wood) and it hasn't cost a dime. I think you're already doing the right thing, adding any additional cost into the price. Saves a lot of confusion. Another one that's bitten me a time or two is postage. Something about crossing the Rocky Mountains seems to jack it way up, so I once got burned on a tank I sent to California, but it was a learning experience and only cost about $20 so some would say I got off cheap and I don't think I could disagree. Dammit, you know how I love to disagree!! Bwahaha

At first I cringed a bit at that price but then I looked closely at the photos and I'm pretty sure that's a ETO tranny and the matching Tamiya TX and you have some other cool goodies so then it made a lot more sense, and we still don't know if we'll ever see a re-issue of this kit (hope so) so they are bringing top coin now-a-days. Hold it for five years and you might get two grand. If I didn't already have five Tiger Ones (and a JT & KT) I'd be tempted but maybe whoever buys it will do a build thread and I can live vicariously through them for a bit.

As for the collecting of goodies, I know how that goes, and ain't it kinda part of the fun, deciding on and tracking down the aftermarket goodies for just about any project?

Anyway, sorry to have wandered a bit there, to answer your question, there should be no fee from RCU of any kind. You can take it off the forum by exchanging emails, I think some places like ebay frown on that, but it's always been OK for me so if I want to keep things private I just use the secondary email account. Hey, I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!! Bwahahahaha