Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long 360 degree turret wiring

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long 360 degree turret wiring

Old 07-13-2022, 06:46 AM
heritage19

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heng Long 360 degree turret wiring

I've recently purchased a new 7.0 Heng Long M-26 Pershing. I also ordered the 360 degree gear ring and wiring kit. I've installed the ring and wiring and the turret now spins 360 degrees but the tank will NOT kill or be killed by another tank. All other tank functions work as they should and yes, the tank was able to kill and be killed before this installation. Does anyone have instructions for this installation, done this installation with good results, or can help in any way. Thanks
Old 07-13-2022, 04:53 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by heritage19
I've recently purchased a new 7.0 Heng Long M-26 Pershing. I also ordered the 360 degree gear ring and wiring kit. I've installed the ring and wiring and the turret now spins 360 degrees but the tank will NOT kill or be killed by another tank. All other tank functions work as they should and yes, the tank was able to kill and be killed before this installation. Does anyone have instructions for this installation, done this installation with good results, or can help in any way. Thanks
More then likely you pulled / damaged the IR wiring somewhere in the harness or at the turret plug. Very common to see happen. IMO the 360 harness is junk and has a high failure rate. It is actually better to simply extend the existing wires so that the turret can make four or five full rotating before having to reverse and unwind the wires. This overall works better then the HL 360 harness and is the way the majority of the Tamiya systems work.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:34 AM
heritage19

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I removed the 360 wiring yesterday but left the 360 ring in place. Tank will send and receive hits as before. I spun the turret with the top hull removed so I could watch the wiring. I can do at least two full spins without the wires starting to get tight, So it will remain.