Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/6 SAS Desert Raider - ROChobby/Dragon kitbash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/6 SAS Desert Raider - ROChobby/Dragon kitbash

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 04:29 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

I had a chain on the bumper like you have now. It came off. I would secure it with fishing line, thin wire or hot melt. I tried wrapping it several different ways but I run my jeeps over rough ground and the vibration eventually had them all fall off. Then the hassle of going over the route to try and find it!

Your stowage looks great! I think detail like that makes it look all the better when running them.
Old 05-15-2023, 04:21 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

So here's the finished project outdoors at last.

I'm planning to do a video when I swap the springs in the green jeep, I picked them up today, and I'll post that in the suspension thread. I might add some stills here but I think this one is pretty much a wrap. I had a lot of fun with this one, and now I can get back to work on the Kubel.
The following users liked this post:
Tankhobby (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023, 03:28 PM
Crius

So, this project didn't seem to generate a lot of interest, or at least not as much as I thought it would. A few guys popped in, maybe it's because it's not a tank? What if I did one of these Jeeps as a rocket launcher jeep, and made it functional? Something you might want to see? If you guys remember the nebelwerfer you know the proper Rockets can make quite a difference. So what you guys think? Should I build a rocket launcher jeep? Maybe I should just shut up?
Old 05-17-2023, 03:56 PM
Tankhobby

Well I enjoyed the project. Would the rocket jeep be the one with a recoilless rifle mounted on it? That would be cool!
Old 05-18-2023, 12:25 AM
Crius

Yeah, Nick, I know you've been around and I've appreciated your input. This is the jeep

Old 05-18-2023, 07:14 AM
Tankhobby

Is that a Russian vehicle (lend lease jeep) or a US?
Old 05-18-2023, 07:58 AM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

hi Gary it looks great! Maybe its 1/6 so less interest who knows?
Bob
Old 05-18-2023, 02:14 PM
Crius

Thanks guys, first I'll answer Nick, as far as I know it's a US jeep. The Danbury Mint put them out and I have a couple of pristine models here that I can use to copy from. Obviously it would need a lot more research but I think it's a project that I can pull off. Of course, first I'll need them to put those Jeeps on sale again, but if they do offer them again for that price I plan to buy two.

You might be right about the 1/6 part Bob. But we're getting more and more guys here everyday that are interested in that scale and I think the excellent job that is being done right now on the pershing's will help a lot. The stuff that Mike and Tankhobby (had to edit that, I get tank hobby and tankme mixed up sometimes. Sorry) are doing with theirs has been very interesting and may generate a little more interest in the scale. And you guys may have noticed in the videos I ask some questions but didn't really get any replies. I'm still curious if you guys think that's a stupid place to have a lantern. I'm thinking that the pack would cushion it and protect it from banging against the side of the Jeep and breaking, but that's just a guess.

I'm not complaining about the lack of response, I'm just a little surprised. I really thought this would be a popular project. That's why I'm thinking about the rocket launcher jeep. I think every single one of us thoroughly enjoys things that fly up in the air and explode.

And now that I think about it, there never has been as much interest in Allied stuff as the German stuff, maybe they're just aren't as many guys out there that are interested in U.S. jeeps. I'll be doing the kubelwagen next and I'd be willing to bet that a lot more people will be interested in that than the jeep. Maybe I should move the M3 Scout car up on the list, but seeing how little interest there was in the Jeep I'm not sure if many people are interested in seeing that project. I suppose if I were able to do some kind of vote of all the projects I have on the Shelf, the sd.kfz. 251 I got from Will would probably rank high on the list of projects people would like to see next. Right now that project comes directly behind the kubelwagen that I'm working on right now. So many projects, so little time.

Last edited by Crius; 05-18-2023 at 02:51 PM.