Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long TK7.0 US M60A3

Old 01-07-2023, 06:43 AM
JREEVES
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Heng Long TK7.0 US M60A3

Am I seeing this, finally?
https://usa.banggood.com/Heng-Long-T...ehouse=CN&ID=0

Old 01-07-2023, 06:45 AM
JREEVES

Old 01-07-2023, 08:39 AM
RichJohnson

Received 365 Likes on 232 Posts

Its not henglong.
Its Tongde models and Coolbank models however Coolbank Wang fits into the equation, he claims to have designed it and had TD make it.
Its available from DKLM. Its very cheap. Under $200 US.
It has funky plastic tranys that mount sideways to the inner hull. We dont think the plastic tranys will hold up and there is no way to repair or upgrade them at this time without going mad scientist on the project.
Collbank Wang stated many times on facebook that he was producing a toy, not a hobby grade RC tank.
One of our club members ordered one so we should see it pretty soon. The rest of us decided not to spend our money on it because we just didnt trust that it would be a tank that would last long or have repair parts available for it.
Time will tell.
The following 2 users liked this post by RichJohnson:
Conan_the_Hungarian (01-07-2023), JREEVES (01-07-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 08:50 AM
JREEVES

Thanks Rich, I figured you'd know the backstory. I'll save my money!
Old 01-07-2023, 08:59 AM
RichJohnson

Just wait for people to get them and see how they do and hold up unless you just have to try it out for 300 bucks after shipping.
I myself may just buy another dklm M60 kit for a grand as I love mine so much. Hes going t make a starship so.... Im thinking. but right now I am neck deep in several Tamiya Leopard 1 tanks lol.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:39 AM
JREEVES

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Just wait for people to get them and see how they do and hold up unless you just have to try it out for 300 bucks after shipping.
I myself may just buy another dklm M60 kit for a grand as I love mine so much. Hes going t make a starship so.... Im thinking. but right now I am neck deep in several Tamiya Leopard 1 tanks lol.
Love your Leopard 1 that I've seen on Instagram. Prefer that look over the Leopard 2. I bought the HL Leopard 2 and immediately modified and relocated the turret to suit myself. Not finished but operational, just too many other diversions.
I recall reading all the hurdles you overcame with the M60, glad it's sorted and performing well for you. It sure is a looker!
Old 01-07-2023, 01:06 PM
RichJohnson

Dude that looks really cool man
Old 01-07-2023, 01:27 PM
tankme

Received 199 Likes on 162 Posts

A Starship would be really cool and without the long barrel it would be a nice modern battler.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:21 AM
RichJohnson

I want to see you post some more pics of that leopard 2 mod build.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:54 AM
JREEVES

I want to see you post some more pics of that leopard 2 mod build.
Thanks!
As per usual when I hack up a model I forget to take many pix. But here are 3 I took during the mod. I wanted something that looked more like the Swedish light tank CV90120. Yeah that's a light tank, yeah it's front engine/front drive and the Leopard isn't. Oh well. https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/modern/swedish/cv90120
I shifted the turret back as far as was reasonable without trying to slice components molded to the deck. The turret sides, bottom and fascia are all acrylic sheet, cut from the cardboard templates I fitted and trimmed to attach to the existing turret top. It was necessary to relocate the turret traverse motor and the MPU. And to cut out the battery tray so the gun elevation had room. Yeah.

Last edited by JREEVES; 01-08-2023 at 12:28 PM.