Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Heng long 5.3 silver receiving information >

Heng long 5.3 silver receiving information

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng long 5.3 silver receiving information

Old 02-06-2023, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng long 5.3 silver receiving information

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum and hope I've posted in the right place. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything, I need some info. I bought a heng long Tiger 1 with a 5.3 silver card mounted for a few euros. I can't find a 5.3 transmitter but only 5.3s, would it still work with the 5.3 card as well?
Tnx
Old 02-06-2023, 10:13 AM

Received 318 Likes on 262 Posts

Welcome aboard, and as far as I know, yes, any 5.3 TX should work. I don't think the 6.0 will work with the 5.3 board, though. And you'll have to bind it. I believe the bind button on that tank is inside the battery compartment. Let us know how it works out, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures as soon as the site will let you post them. I think you have to have 10 posts before you can do pictures, that's mainly to prevent spam, so don't take it personal.
Old 02-06-2023, 10:27 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

First off Welcome. I do not have the answer for you but maybe someone else can help. I will put in my 2c, I looked up some places and I did find some that have the transmitter most places I have seen run about $45 not including shipping, the issue I would have is that these places, some I never heard of and the others could be sketchy ordering from. With that being said IMHO I would throw in a few extra dollars and try and find a 6.1, 6.1s or the new 7.0. I have read some really decent reviews on the 7.0, I don't know what your budget is, and what I stated might not be an option for you. I also believe that with the 7.0 you can use an aftermarket radio, but I am not a 100% on that. Welcome again and hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers
Wade
Old 02-06-2023, 11:35 AM

Thank you so much guys you were very kind!! As soon as I can post pictures I definitely will! I thought about getting a 6.0 or even a 7.0 but for the moment I want to keep costs low as it is my first tank. Thank you very much for helping! I'll keep you up-to-date.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by KGC83
Thank you so much guys you were very kind!! As soon as I can post pictures I definitely will! I thought about getting a 6.0 or even a 7.0 but for the moment I want to keep costs low as it is my first tank. Thank you very much for helping! I'll keep you up-to-date.
Your welcome, I have learned countless knowledge through the years on this forum, very nice folks here who are willing to help, and I have to state the best forum I have ever been on, the other forum that I recommend is rctankwarfare the site is setup really nice and a lot of forum members here are also on that site. I am currently in the process of building a Sherman M4A3 (76 ) on here, and I keep changing my mind on what board I want to use lol.

Cheers
Wade
Old 02-06-2023, 02:08 PM

Received 216 Likes on 175 Posts

Going from a 5.3 to a v6.x or v7.x requires rewiring some stuff and new tankers typically don't know how to do that and I don't think there are any step by step directions. It might even require soldering. Since I typically don't use any of the HL boards very much I really can't say. If you can post a pic of the tank innards, it might help us make sure which transmitter you need. Being new, you can use a hosting site like Imgur.com to post a pic link instead of uploading it to the site.

Derek
Old 02-07-2023, 12:20 AM

Received 106 Likes on 48 Posts

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum and hope I've posted in the right place. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything, I need some info. I bought a heng long Tiger 1 with a 5.3 silver card mounted for a few euros. I can't find a 5.3 transmitter but only 5.3s, would it still work with the 5.3 card as well?
Tnx
The transmitter 5.3s should work for the Tk5.3 too. The difference between Tk5.3 (mostly silver labeled) and Tk5.3s (gold labeled) is the function of the right stick (forward, back left, right turn). I'd only to switch connections of one track motor and after it worked fine.
As Crius wrote, the new transmitter you'll have to bind with the board before you can use the tank. If you need more information/instructions let me know.

Cheers,
Freddy

Last edited by Panzerjaeger66; 02-07-2023 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Panzerjaeger66
The transmitter 5.3s should work for the Tk5.3 too. The difference between Tk5.3 (mostly silver labeled) and Tk5.3s (gold labeled) is the function of the right stick (forward, back left, right turn). I'd only to switch connections of one track motor and after it worked fine.
As Crius wrote, the new transmitter you'll have to bind with the board before you can use the tank. If you need more information/instructions let me know.

Cheers,
Freddy
Thank you very much Freddy, you have cleared a huge doubt from me. Thanks again, I can't post pics yet but as soon as I unlock the limit I'll update the post with all the pics.
Thanks again
Maurizio
Old 02-07-2023, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by tankme
Going from a 5.3 to a v6.x or v7.x requires rewiring some stuff and new tankers typically don't know how to do that and I don't think there are any step by step directions. It might even require soldering. Since I typically don't use any of the HL boards very much I really can't say. If you can post a pic of the tank innards, it might help us make sure which transmitter you need. Being new, you can use a hosting site like Imgur.com to post a pic link instead of uploading it to the site.

Derek
Thanks so much Derek, the info on modification and welds would be invaluable! For the moment I will keep the 5.3 but I will certainly need the information for the future. I tried to upload the images to an external host but they blocked my post, I'll wait for 10 to unlock the option. Thank you very much, I look forward to hearing from you about the changes.

Maurizio
Old 02-07-2023, 04:17 AM

Thanks so much Derek, the info on modification and welds would be invaluable! For the moment I will keep the 5.3 but I will certainly need the information for the future. I tried to upload the images to an external host but they blocked my post, I'll wait for 10 to unlock the option. Thank you very much, I look forward to hearing from you about the changes.

Maurizio
We can keep responding to your post and you can respond to us, so that you will reach the post threshold then post up those pics. As I stated you will learn a lot on here, If you want to learn about mods and welds, create another post, the more posts asking questions will definitely get your post count up and you will learn a ton in the process.

Wade