Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Heng Long KT (Metal) on Taigen Chassis >

Heng Long KT (Metal) on Taigen Chassis

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long KT (Metal) on Taigen Chassis

Old 02-22-2023, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heng Long KT (Metal) on Taigen Chassis

I've got a Heng Long King Tiger (7.0 metal version) coming in. I'd like to replace the HL chassis with the one from Taigen/Torro and just swap everything over. I know the roadwheels are secured differently, but found the fix for that.

As for mounting the hull, Taigen now has the "clip in" feature thats different from HL. Would using magnets to secure them together work to bridge the two designs? If not, what's the best way to connect them?

Any other issues I should be aware of?

I know price wise buying the HL + Taigen chassis will be close to the price of the Taigen, but I dont want Zimmerit + HL slow speed performance is so much better + HL has full control over barrel elevation. For me, the HL is usable as-is without any radio or board upgrades.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2023, 04:32 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Touch Connors
I've got a Heng Long King Tiger (7.0 metal version) coming in. I'd like to replace the HL chassis with the one from Taigen/Torro and just swap everything over. I know the roadwheels are secured differently, but found the fix for that.

As for mounting the hull, Taigen now has the "clip in" feature thats different from HL. Would using magnets to secure them together work to bridge the two designs? If not, what's the best way to connect them?

Any other issues I should be aware of?

I know price wise buying the HL + Taigen chassis will be close to the price of the Taigen, but I dont want Zimmerit + HL slow speed performance is so much better + HL has full control over barrel elevation. For me, the HL is usable as-is without any radio or board upgrades.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. On my HL (sold off) I used magnets to secure upper to lower, I glued them in place where the screw holes are, just be careful when lifting the tank by the upper hull, if it separates you will pull out the wiring, especially with a heavier lower......don't ask me how I know this lol. I do know on my Taigen Tiger 1 it has zimmerit but it is kind of like a rubber material that can be pulled off, I did this with the Tiger and tore off pieces to have a battle damage effect. I don't know though if on the King if it is molded into the plastic

Cheers
Wade

Last edited by Rebellion13; 02-22-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:49 AM

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

You can of course buy Countersunk Neo-Dymion magnets that give the ability to screw them firmly but not permanently in place should you wish to remove them at a later date rather than relying upon glue.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by jarndice
You can of course buy Countersunk Neo-Dymion magnets that give the ability to screw them firmly but not permanently in place should you wish to remove them at a later date rather than relying upon glue.
This is true. I personally use hot glue, seems to hold rather well and if i need to remove them simply reheat.

Cheers
Wade
Old 02-24-2023, 02:22 PM

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

I found out the hard way in Texas...hot glue doesn't work in this heat. Had attached an apple mount with it and the glue melted during a battle day. I prefer mechanical connections any day over glue and sometimes both.

Derek
Old 02-24-2023, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by tankme
I found out the hard way in Texas...hot glue doesn't work in this heat. Had attached an apple mount with it and the glue melted during a battle day. I prefer mechanical connections any day over glue and sometimes both.

Derek
Good thing I don't live in Texas lol
Old 02-26-2023, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the tips, I'm going with countersunk magnets.
The following users liked this post:
Rebellion13 (02-27-2023)