Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
HL kv2 + torro kv chassis >

HL kv2 + torro kv chassis

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL kv2 + torro kv chassis

Old 02-24-2023, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL kv2 + torro kv chassis

What would be done or could it be dont to take my stock HL kv2 and give it the metal chassis that torro makes because thats the only one i found
Old 02-24-2023, 03:35 PM

Received 218 Likes on 176 Posts

The HL KV upper and the Torro/Taigen (same as Torro) KV upper are very similar. It's pretty easy to put them together. There is just some trimming along the front armor plate where it slides under the nose armor. You do need different gearboxes though as Taigen/Torro uses the short shafts and the Heng Long uses the long shaft. You also need Taigen/Torro sprockets, idlers, and road wheels. See below. So basically the only thing you are keeping is the upper deck and turret. I know this is true because I have done it.

From Taigen's website:

"Note: This tank can be used to upgrade your Heng Long KV-1 tank to a metal chassis. Please note when swapping you will also need to use our metal road wheels due to the difference in the way the road wheels are attached to the suspension arms. When using the the Taigen chassis the gearbox used is the Middle/Low, 48mm type. Heng Long uses a 58mm output, but the Taigen version uses 48mm shafts."

Derek

The following users liked this post:
JeepersXeno76 (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
The HL KV upper and the Torro/Taigen (same as Torro) KV upper are very similar. It's pretty easy to put them together. There is just some trimming along the front armor plate where it slides under the nose armor. You do need different gearboxes though as Taigen/Torro uses the short shafts and the Heng Long uses the long shaft. You also need Taigen/Torro sprockets, idlers, and road wheels. See below. So basically the only thing you are keeping is the upper deck and turret. I know this is true because I have done it.

From Taigen's website:

"Note: This tank can be used to upgrade your Heng Long KV-1 tank to a metal chassis. Please note when swapping you will also need to use our metal road wheels due to the difference in the way the road wheels are attached to the suspension arms. When using the the Taigen chassis the gearbox used is the Middle/Low, 48mm type. Heng Long uses a 58mm output, but the Taigen version uses 48mm shafts."

Derek
Judging by that i might just keep my HL thr way it is and later buy the KW II they have since the money wouldnt be to far away and the KW II has a more accurate body