Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Thoughts on Hooben 1/10 Easy-Eight Sherman >

Thoughts on Hooben 1/10 Easy-Eight Sherman

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Thoughts on Hooben 1/10 Easy-Eight Sherman

Old 04-18-2023, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on Hooben 1/10 Easy-Eight Sherman

Hello.

The thought of getting an RC tank in a scale larger than 1/16 is really appealing. I saw the Hooben 1/10 "Easy-Eight" Sherman is on sale for $1118, shipped.

I know Hooben have their issues, which to some extent is fine because I'm looking for a project. That said, I'm less enthusiastic about some work that others. If I need to replace all the the internals and do upgrades on the suspension, that's not a problem. Adding details? Still okay for the most part. But I have little interest or desire to correct slopes or remanufacture parts.

So, how "correct" (re: details/dimensions) is the Hooben 1/10 Sherman? Is it a solid starting point? Also, are there any major issues with the kit itself?

Thanks!

Old 04-18-2023, 04:21 PM

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

For that price you could buy yourself a decent 3D printer and print a whole slew of 1/10th scale vehicles cheap. Sorry, can't comment on the 1/10th Sherman from Hooben.

Old 04-19-2023, 01:41 AM

Received 318 Likes on 262 Posts

I don't really know anything about their E8, but over the years I've learned quite a bit about Hooben. If they offered a 1/6 scale tank that was made out of solid gold and the price was $10, I still wouldn't buy it. I've been in this hobby for more than 10 years and I have yet to hear one single good thing about hooben. All I've ever heard about that company is complaints. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life that I've learned from, but I found that it's always better to learn from the mistakes of others, and with hooben those who have bought them have basically given me a college education in how to build a crappy tank.

Last edited by Crius; 04-19-2023 at 04:04 AM.