Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Series? numbers on Henglong 1/16 tanks >

Series? numbers on Henglong 1/16 tanks

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Series? numbers on Henglong 1/16 tanks

Old 04-22-2023, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Series? numbers on Henglong 1/16 tanks

Hello all. I am new to RC tanks and this forum.
I have bought a 1/16 Henglong Tiger I with the infrared battle system etc. On the box it has a sticker with 7.0
I am considering buying some other tanks too, and have noticed some have a different number, eg 5.0, 6.0. What does this mean? If I want to battle them with the Infrared battle system, are the tanks with different numbers compatible or do I need to match the number?
Thanks.
I suspect this may be the first of many questions ...........
Cheers
Old 04-23-2023, 04:02 AM

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

v6.0, v6.1, v7.0, and v7.1 are all compatible with the "Tamiya Standard" which is the standard most clubs use; although, you need a 6.x controller for a 6.x tank and a 7.x controller for a 7.x tank. They are also the most modern version of the Heng Long tanks. They will be the most desirable as they have the best options and drivability. All others are lesser standards except Torro which is a different system and not Tamiya compatible unless another module is bought. There are of course a ton of aftermarket controller boards.

Derek
Old 04-23-2023, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply!
I'll steer clear of v5 then.
As I said I am new to this, so please excuse my ignorance. I'm not familiar with "Tamiya Standard". Can you confirm the infrared battle systems for the v6 and v7 tanks are compatible, so a v6 tank can battle a v7 tank and vice-versa?
Thanks again
Cheers
Old 04-23-2023, 11:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mozit
Thanks for the reply!
I'll steer clear of v5 then.
As I said I am new to this, so please excuse my ignorance. I'm not familiar with "Tamiya Standard". Can you confirm the infrared battle systems for the v6 and v7 tanks are compatible, so a v6 tank can battle a v7 tank and vice-versa?
Thanks again
Cheers
a v6 and v7 can battle each other no problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by Delta_19:
mozit (04-23-2023), tankme (04-23-2023)