Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
sevoblast/Robert Herne/etoarmor >

sevoblast/Robert Herne/etoarmor

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

sevoblast/Robert Herne/etoarmor

Old 05-05-2023, 01:38 AM

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
Default sevoblast/Robert Herne/etoarmor

As some of the regulars may know, Robís situated in Sevastopol and heís dropped off the net for a bit. His RCU profile says he last visited 9th September 2022 and today I received a random email from him (bought stuff from him before) asking if I used Amazon.

Iím not expecting answers, but just putting this out here in case anyone received the same.

Old 05-05-2023, 03:35 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

My guess is that he has moved, taking his beautiful dogs and wife, to a safe place far from falling rockets. That's the second report of odd emails from him, so it's probable that hackers are using his name. Hopefully he and his loved ones are all someplace safe.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello,

the same mail arrived yesterday in my mail folder,as i told here in another section.

My last contact with him is about one year ago.

I think someone hijacked his mailadress,perhaps Daryl Turner can give us more info,if he want.

with regards,Guido
Old 05-05-2023, 07:18 AM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Hope he and the family is ok .
Thanks
Jimmy
Old 05-05-2023, 02:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I heard from Bob months ago but then it got quiet. I've been hesitant to try to contact him because he's in Crimea which since 2014 has been 'owned' by Russia. That's just south of what's going on so don't want to bring him any attention...

Mike
Old 05-05-2023, 03:31 PM

Received 383 Likes on 241 Posts

I corresponded with Bob when the war began and they were fine and safe. Ive been thinking about him and was meaning to send him a message and see how they are doing these days.
The following users liked this post:
bowlman (05-06-2023)
Old 05-07-2023, 04:04 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default ďETOArmorĒ Status per Daryl Turner

I messaged the other day with Daryl Turner about an on going MRAP rc project and he additionally stated that ETO is winding things down since parts are hard to get or even impossible, plus a few other “glitches” going on. Gearboxes...for those still coming from Russia…it's a bit slow and also becoming hard to get those parts as well.”

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 05-07-2023 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:11 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I received the email too.

It is likely a scam that takes advantage of people who only use their phone to open their email.

My past emails from ETO were from [email protected]. The recent email was from the same name, etoarmor, but was from hotmail.com instead of yahoo.com. My past transactions reveal ETO has never used a hotmail account.

Scammers know that phone users cannot see the domain (part that comes after the @) on a typical smartphone. It's a good idea to not open email on a telephone. Use a PC or a laptop and check the domain before opening.