Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Strange things happening with my screen name

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Strange things happening with my screen name

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 01:48 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Strange things happening with my screen name

Well, here's an odd little tale for you. About 10 years ago, in a fit of childish anger I deleted my account at RCU. After reflection I decided to come back but I couldn't keep my original screen name and had to choose a new one. I chose the name Crius, as it fit in with some other stuff that was going on with a friend of mine and I've been using that ever since. Everything was just fine until I recently got a new phone. I tried to login on the new phone and the site wouldn't let me in. I clicked on "forgot my password" and eventually I got things right and the site let me in, but it kept giving me a password under the username Max-U52. So now it depends on what device I use. If I post From the new phone it thinks I'm Max and if I post from any of my devices at home it thinks I'm Crius. I don't really care, as long as you guys know who's making the post and that's why I posted this thread, so you guys would know. From now on, any post made by Max-U52 or by Crius are being made by the same guy, and that's me. Maybe a moderator will see this and help me get this straightened out. The whole thing has been rather strange, but I'm not too worried about it because I can still post here and talk to my friends and that's all that really counts.

Last edited by Max-U52; 06-05-2023 at 01:52 AM.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:41 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

As they say on this side of the pond "Call me anything you like just dont call me late for dinner".
Max er Crius I think I would recognise your hand whatever name you used,
All I ask is please dont stop with your helpful hints and tips.

I shall amend that comment to "As they say ON BOTH sides of the pond call me anything you like just dont call me late for dinner"
Thanks to RO Burril.for the update.

Last edited by jarndice; 06-05-2023 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-05-2023, 05:43 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Oh, that's kind of funny. Now we have a parallel you here in RC Universe. There must be some kind of Quantum particle thing going on...

We have the same old saying that jarndice quoted where I come from, so I sometimes might call you Max-U52, sometimes I might call you Crius, and sometimes I might call you Gary, but I will never call you late for dinner.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:28 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jarndice
As they say on this side of the pond "Call me anything you like just dont call me late for dinner".
Max er Crius I think I would recognise your hand whatever name you used,
All I ask is please dont stop with your helpful hints and tips.
That was Bill Saluga, AKA Ray J Johnson, born in Ohio, USA.
Old 06-05-2023, 08:24 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Has it been 10 years since you changed names, wow I remember that. what a strange resurgence.

Since people often ask me if I want to be called Rich or Richard I say I don’t care just don’t call me late for dinner.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:25 AM
Max-U52

Maybe I can get the parallel me to finish some of these projects that I still haven't gotten to. That would be pretty cool, to come home and find finished models that I still haven't gotten around to.

Or better yet, I'll send parallel me to the shop and he can do my job while I stay home and play with my tanks.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:20 AM
Roboticus_Prime

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Crazy how time flies, eh Gary? I remember those shenanigans like it was only a few months ago.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:42 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I was wondering why your screen name changed back....
Old 06-05-2023, 02:33 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

And here I am at home. Since I usually post in the morning before I punch in at work I'll be using the new phone (finally got all that sorted out and the new phone is mucho cool, BTW) so I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of Max. Maybe he can get me to get off my duff and get some of this stuff done. I did bring the Mercedes Benz 540K upstairs, though, and dug out a 20 amp esc. Not sure if that will have enough guts, but I have a 60 amp from a 1/10 crawler in reserve if I need it. It was orginally 9v, but I'm going to try it first on a 2s lipo and if it's too slow I'll step up to a 3s. Need to order more of those anyway. If I have to go 3s I'll definitely step up to the 60 amp esc, just to be safe. This thing is going to be pretty cool, and somewhat unique. There are a few others around but I haven't seen any others except Lorenzo's, and naturally I plan to flagrantly copy his hard work. Bwahahaha

Here she is

Click image for larger version

Name:	eZj8UZC.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	4.79 MB
ID:	2272885

Those the Michael and Bobby figures from Dragon. I think it's quite possible that some big shot would loan them a car when they were home on leave, or even a 3 day pass. They were, after all, heroes of the fatherland, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SISTJPo.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	4.41 MB
ID:	2272886

I'm not planning to do much cosmetically to this one, mainly just get good, drivable electronics in it and it will be a parade queen, smooth surfaces only. It was RC t start, but very toy-like with bump steering and stop and go throttle. Some proportional control will do wonders, and all those lights work so I have to get that sorted out without blowing any. Wish me luck.

As for having two names, you guys all know who I am and most of you call me Gary (or worse, bwahaha), anyway so I'm not worried about it. Besides, this way they'll have to ban me twice to get rid of me!! Bwahahaha
Old 06-06-2023, 07:44 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

This is fun. Now you can "like" your own posts and quote yourself in threads.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:20 AM
Max-U52

Or, I could have really nasty arguments with myself just to see if anybody notices. Shut up, Max, ya don't know what you're talkin' about!! Screw you, Crius, I was buildin' tanks when you were still in diapers!!!

The possibilities are endless.
The following 3 users liked this post by Max-U52:
jarndice (06-06-2023), Pah co chu puk (06-06-2023), Will01Capri (06-08-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 10:07 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Or, I could have really nasty arguments with myself just to see if anybody notices. Shut up, Max, ya don't know what you're talkin' about!! Screw you, Crius, I was buildin' tanks when you were still in diapers!!!

The possibilities are endless.
Never a dull moment here on RCU is there.......
Old 06-08-2023, 06:45 AM
Will01Capri

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Just thought i would pop in to say hi, taking a break lol
I been mad busy building stuff for others in the workshop & garage
I will have a look around and see what new things i can see, do you not fancy changing your screen name again then Gary?
Lets see some of those models completed
Old 06-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Max-U52

Hey, Will, good to see you're still here. The screen name will depend on which device I use.If I post from my phone it says max, if I post from home it says crius.