Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hooben 1/16 Hetzer

Old 06-13-2023, 08:26 AM

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hooben 1/16 Hetzer

This may have already been posted, but anyone have direct experience w this product?

“HOOBEN 1/16 RC TANK GERMAN HETZER JAGDPANZER GIRLS AND PANZER JG.PZ. 38(T) RTR”

Old 06-13-2023, 08:33 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I doubt it. It is only in the pre-order stage.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:42 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Hooben BAAAAAAD!!! Seriously, I can't remember EVER hearing anything good about that brand. All I've ever heard about hooben is bad reviews about product, prices, customer service, etc, etc. They probably have the worst reputation of any of the vendors in our hobby.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:14 AM

Received 383 Likes on 241 Posts

I will say, they make really nice models no one else does. But, they often have issues. My leopard 1a5 has been pretty good. Communication with them is a draw back but I use Facebook messenger to talk with them and they are responsive to me.
But, any purchase with hooben is a gamble. Every tank they make is a totally different product different than the last.
If you really want the model, weigh if you can deal with any issues it might have, and the slow communication
​​​​I very much like my Merkava and leopard 1a5, but maintaining them and servicing them is a lot of effort.
The following users liked this post:
tankme (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 11:36 AM

Received 216 Likes on 175 Posts

I've never seen the Hooben Hetzer in 1/16th scale in private hands. If you look at the vids on the site for the 1/16th one, they show only vids of the 1/10th version. That's a red flag to me. I doubt they have it ready to sell like so many of their other "offerings".

The Warprints version is probably better than anything Hooben will build: https://eshop.warprints.xyz/hetzer116_kit/

At least if you need parts, they can be 3D printed.