Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Henglong  1:8 Metal Tiger:Reveresed Steering >

Henglong 1:8 Metal Tiger:Reveresed Steering

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Henglong 1:8 Metal Tiger:Reveresed Steering

Old 06-30-2023, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Henglong 1:8 Metal Tiger:Reversed Steering

Hey guys - I got a 2nd hand Metal Tiger1 1:8 however, the steering and elevation are reversed.
if I turn right on the steering, the tank turns left and vice versa. (elevation is like flying, up stick makes main gun point down) but this is not a big problem.
Any idea how I can fix this pls? I had a look at the board but there's nothing on it about steering. There are M1 and M2 output wires which lead back to the motors.
Forward and reverse are both correct. Just the steering.
Please help. I'm new to tanks.

The white wires are for lifting and carrying the tank coz it's so damn heavy

Last edited by muscleflex; 06-30-2023 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Adding photos
Old 06-30-2023, 11:21 PM

Received 216 Likes on 175 Posts

Have any pics of the electronics in that thing? That particular tank is so expensive new that I don't think but a handful of people ever bought one. Personally I've been playing with tanks (real and R/C) since the early 2000s and I've never seen the inside of one of these tanks ever posted. You might be able to reverse the elevation and left/right simply by reversing the channel on your transmitter.
Old 06-30-2023, 11:27 PM

Thank you. Unfortunately... you'd think the price of them new, they'd have very decent electronics and transmitter but NOPE. transmitter is a plastic toy grade with no adjustments
Old 07-01-2023, 08:48 AM

Received 268 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by muscleflex
Hey guys - I got a 2nd hand Metal Tiger1 1:8 however, the steering and elevation are reversed.
if I turn right on the steering, the tank turns left and vice versa. (elevation is like flying, up stick makes main gun point down) but this is not a big problem.
Any idea how I can fix this pls? I had a look at the board but there's nothing on it about steering. There are M1 and M2 output wires which lead back to the motors.
Forward and reverse are both correct. Just the steering.
Please help. I'm new to tanks.

The white wires are for lifting and carrying the tank coz it's so damn heavy
The driving issue is your motor wire leads. Although they may look correct blk to blk, red to red this is sometimes wrong. And they need to be red to blk. Or the M1 and M2 need to be swapped around.

You have an 8.0 which is a beefed up version of the 7.1. It would help the see the top of the MFU where the plugs are to be sure, but there should be two small silver push buttons K1 and K2. These control the recoil direction and elevation angle of the barrel.

The controller does have a lot of adjustments but they are all push button combination. These combination should🤞 be the same as on the 7.1 system. The 7.1 manual can be found online in various places. If you can't find one I am sure someone here or myself can post a few photos of it.

The following users liked this post:
muscleflex (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 09:51 AM

Oh wow! I had not thought about swapping M1 and M2!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this tip!!! Let me try that now and I'll report back. I'll also take a photo of the board so you can tell me exactly what I have.
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Fsttanks
The driving issue is your motor wire leads. Although they may look correct blk to blk, red to red this is sometimes wrong. And they need to be red to blk. Or the M1 and M2 need to be swapped around.

You have an 8.0 which is a beefed up version of the 7.1. It would help the see the top of the MFU where the plugs are to be sure, but there should be two small silver push buttons K1 and K2. These control the recoil direction and elevation angle of the barrel.

The controller does have a lot of adjustments but they are all push button combination. These combination should🤞 be the same as on the 7.1 system. The 7.1 manual can be found online in various places. If you can't find one I am sure someone here or myself can post a few photos of it.
Old 07-01-2023, 12:58 PM

Ok - you, Sir, have definitely saved me on this one! I've asked on Facebook but that group is next to dead and I never got any response....
I swapped motor wires and BINGO! got the correct steering direction!
I can't wait to get this outside for a proper drive now! THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!!
btw - I couldn't get a photo of the input side of the board. I stupidly ziptied the cables and it's too tight now and I couldn't lift off the board. I'll have to remove the ties tomorrow to get a good look and photo.