Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New 2nd Two-Volume of Son of Sherman Coming Out Soon

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New 2nd Two-Volume of Son of Sherman Coming Out Soon

Old 10-16-2023, 04:39 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

This new Vol. 2 set is hard cover like most new books come out with. Then later they come out soft cover. The old Vol. 1 I have is soft cover but some of the Vol. 1s now for sale on ebay are hard cover SO soft will probably be released soon IMHO.

And I can't believe that with TEN YEARS invested researching, writing, taking detailed photos, and then going to print, that ONLY a handful of HARD cover books will ever be released!

The 'scalpers' are making a LOT of money on this initial Vol. 2 HARD cover release but since there's so much demand the authors and printers will soon be switching to SOFT cover editions. Since Vol.2 is selling so fast there's money to be made...

And THEN I'm going to be kicking myself for the hard cover set I just received... I prefer the SOFT cover books because they're easier to flop open on the table next to the Sherman I'm working on.

Last edited by Old MSgt; 10-16-2023 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:57 PM
GTORA2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have a link to were I can purchase the new book? All I can find is reviews

Edit: There is only a single copy on EBAY! There is obvious demand, why did they do such a small run?

Last edited by GTORA2; 10-17-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:09 PM
tankme

Received 197 Likes on 160 Posts

There is no link anywhere that is selling it that I know of. David Doyle Books was the exclusive distributor and they are now sold out. Why? Who knows. There is demand so I have no idea why they did such a low volume run.

https://daviddoylebooks.com/us-milit...et-4whg2-588x7
Old 10-18-2023, 07:57 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTORA2
Does anyone have a link to were I can purchase the new book? All I can find is reviews

Edit: There is only a single copy on EBAY! There is obvious demand, why did they do such a small run?
It appears the seller on eBay is actually Doyle. So you're getting the book right from the source.
The only way to get it, other than that route is if you were on a list, and he emailed you, as he did me. Then you can opt to purchase it through the link he includes.
Old 10-18-2023, 02:58 PM
GTORA2

Originally Posted by yellowshaker
It appears the seller on eBay is actually Doyle. So you're getting the book right from the source.
The only way to get it, other than that route is if you were on a list, and he emailed you, as he did me. Then you can opt to purchase it through the link he includes.
I created an account on Doyle's store and emailed him about another run. I had a second copy of the first edition in mind, in shrink wrap, but I just looked at it, and the wrap came off one corner and there is some minor damage. I was considering selling it for the money to buy the second edition, but since it's not mint anymore, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. Maybe the paper back version will be out soon, I'd rather have that anyway.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-18-2023, 03:05 PM
yellowshaker

Originally Posted by GTORA2
I created an account on Doyle's store and emailed him about another run. I had a second copy of the first edition in mind, in shrink wrap, but I just looked at it, and the wrap came off one corner and there is some minor damage. I was considering selling it for the money to buy the second edition, but since it's not mint anymore, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. Maybe the paper back version will be out soon, I'd rather have that anyway.

Thanks for the info!
Sure man. Awesome. I just saw the first book n eBay sell for 82 bucks. He has a buy it now if 299.09, so I the was disappointed.
Old 10-18-2023, 03:41 PM
GTORA2

Originally Posted by yellowshaker
Sure man. Awesome. I just saw the first book n eBay sell for 82 bucks. He has a buy it now if 299.09, so I the was disappointed.

Yeah, plus 50 bucks in shipping. It seems like there is enough demand for the book they would make more money just doing a normal run of books. This seems a tad to exclusive.
Old 10-18-2023, 04:40 PM
tankme

Received 197 Likes on 160 Posts

David Doyle is "ddtoys" on Ebay. He charged me $12.17 shipping from the Ebay listing. The only one I see for sale right now is by a seller dikon22 and they are a scalper trying to sell it for $399 plus $40 shipping. Problem is people have actually paid that for the books so that's why they are selling that high. At least two V2 sets have sold for over $400 on Ebay.
Old 10-18-2023, 04:45 PM
yellowshaker

Originally Posted by tankme
David Doyle is "ddtoys" on Ebay. He charged me $12.17 shipping from the Ebay listing. The only one I see for sale right now is by a seller dikon22 and they are a scalper trying to sell it for $399 plus $40 shipping. Problem is people have actually paid that for the books so that's why they are selling that high. At least two V2 sets have sold for over $400 on Ebay.
Yes well, that's a scalper for sure. This is why I mostly hate people.