Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya 56019 vs 56020 Leopard 2A6

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya 56019 vs 56020 Leopard 2A6

Old 08-02-2023, 01:18 PM
Hackworth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cleong
Perhaps itís heading in to the depot for a refresh, rather than heading out for issue
It seems to be on a civi tractor trailer. so I like to imagine itís going to a private citizen who won the lottery and always wanted to check the fences on the farm with a Leo 2A4. like me.

I wonder what the cost is to replace each pad. anyone wanna bet the high/low versus a full option Tamiya Leo 2A6?
Old 08-20-2023, 12:01 AM
cleong

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

WestCanMan , if you are wondering how youíre going to tighten your roadwheel and idlerís tiny nuts, hereís how - by using a 2mm hex screw to turn the nut. I placed a couple of nuts on the threaded end for more grip to turn the improvised tool.

The following 2 users liked this post by cleong:
Hackworth (08-20-2023), WestCanMan (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 07:46 PM
WestCanMan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the great tip Cleong! I actually haven't even started the kit yet, as I've been waiting for the rest of my after market parts to arrive. Everything has finally arrived this week, but I'm going to order a spray booth before I start construction. I'm curious, did you have difficulty installing the fibre optic wires in the taillights? The manual shows that they are to be bent, but to my understanding, they will definitely break if bent.
Old 08-23-2023, 04:05 AM
cleong

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by WestCanMan
Thank you for the great tip Cleong! I actually haven't even started the kit yet, as I've been waiting for the rest of my after market parts to arrive. Everything has finally arrived this week, but I'm going to order a spray booth before I start construction. I'm curious, did you have difficulty installing the fibre optic wires in the taillights? The manual shows that they are to be bent, but to my understanding, they will definitely break if bent.
Give the optical fiber some heat and they should bend without breaking. But yes, they are a fiddly pain