Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Has anyone dealt with this ebay seller?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Has anyone dealt with this ebay seller?

Old 12-17-2023, 08:06 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Has anyone dealt with this ebay seller?

I ran across this guy on ebay and he has some very cool stuff at what seem to be reasonable prices. Some are static, some RC, from kits to fully assembled and painted RTR models, there are a couple that I find very tempting. The Hellcat most of all, and I think it would easily accept a Taigen V3 electronics package or the new HL 7.0/7.1 units, which are coming down in price every day. I just saw a 7.0 MFU/TX set for under $50.

I think he's in China, but some of the items say they ship from Canada, which makes me wonder a bit, but I might try him out anyway. Here's a link to his ebay page, just scroll down and see if anything catches your eye, like some of them did for me. The fully RC halftracks look good, and some of the static models are tempting as well, like the Marder and Nashhorn. I'd really like to know what you guys think and most important, if anyone has bought from this guy.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item...ianghui1982628

I'm seriously thinking of buying the Hellcat, even though it's unpainted and I have more projects right now than I know what to do with. But what's one more, right?
The following users liked this post:
Hackworth (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 09:53 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

he is just printing and assembling Inkors designs but really, the print quality sucks. The print rash is terrible. The price is cheap for a built tank but the visual quality is terrible for someone like me.
If a person can put up with the visual aspect of it just to get the model because they cant do it themselves and it makes them happy, the price is right.

The PLA also doesnt sand well to clean up at all.

If you really want that specific tank I would buy the files and have them printed in resin which sands perfectly smooth and then build it yourself. However I bought the file pack for the leopard 1 and was dissapointed that all the add on hull details like tools etc were printed right on the hull. So sanding is nearly impossible. And the resolution quality was pretty bad so I opted not to have them printed in resin at the advice of JVM3d Concepts who reviewed it and told me the poor quality resolution would still show in resin.
Hackworth (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 01:06 PM
Koenigstiger

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,

I've got a Strv 103 c and yesterday an E-100 - all good - very fine details - all functions - very good contact - paying with paypal.

Have a good time
Guenther
Old 12-17-2023, 02:55 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Guenther, can you post some photos?
Old 12-17-2023, 05:09 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I've heard conflicting results about the quality. I've heard it's bad and from some I've heard it's good. I don't know what material he uses to print with, but personally I would want to know that it's at least PETG or ASA/ABS or Nylon or PC so that it wouldn't deform in the sun. That would be my first question of him. Inkor does indeed know him and does get a kickback from this guy selling his designs as printed tanks.

Tom Hugill who has built a lot of tanks said: "He's on Facebook, I've had a a few interactions with him. He printed some individual parts for my nashorn. I found them good to deal with, the price was very reasonable and the print quality was excellent. More like the industrial sla prints that okmo do."

I've just finished getting my Anycubic Photon M3 resin printer up and running this weekend. I was printing the E-100 details and IS-4 detail parts on it. Both vehicles are Inkor's tanks and the lines on the resin parts are tiny. Mind you my printer is only a 4K printer, but what layer lines that are visible clean up very well using an ABS like Anycubic "tough" resin. Layer lines were not visible on most of the parts I've printed from Inkor's STLs, but I haven't printed any hull or turrets with my printer as the build plate is fairly small. A single coat of primer should cover the layer lines on most of the resin parts if they have layer lines. When I get home I can post a pic of the difference between the FDM printed top of my IS-4 (really rough) and the resin top (really smooth). It's night and day. I was expecting the quality of the resin parts to be really bad based on what Rich designer had said. The parts may not be up to Rich's designer's standards in resin, but they are very good in resin from my own limited experience in the past few days of resin printing. I even printed a DShK machine gun for the IS-4 provided with the Inkor files and it turned out really nice. No layer lines were visible on it.

@Rich, I'm definitely not bashing your printer or their experience in the industry. They may be using an 8K or 12K or higher printer that may accentuate the layer lines. My experience printing in resin is very limited at this point. The resin parts I've purchased from you were definitely well printed and worth what I paid for them.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:58 AM
tankme

So here you can see the difference between even a 4K resin printer and an FDM. All the light gray parts are resin.

The following 2 users liked this post by tankme:
RichJohnson (12-18-2023), Super18 (12-23-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 05:53 AM
Koenigstiger

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,

here is a short video

Have a good time
Guenther
RichJohnson (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 06:12 AM
Max-U52

Thanks, Guenther, that's a very cool tank, and from what i can see the print quality will work for me. I've always wanted a Hellcat so I might pick one up.

Tankme, I have both fdm and sla printers so I know the difference, and most of the Hellcat looks like resin so I should be OK if I pick one up.

Rich, you of all people should understand the desire for a specific tank. I remember you picking up one of the first M60s to become available and I don't think anything would have stopped you from buying it. That's how I am with the Hellcat.

And I think we've also lost the emojies.
RichJohnson (12-18-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 02:20 AM
Max-U52

OK, I take it back. After closer examination on the home PC it looks like the Hellcat is mostly fdm printed and the print quality is not that great. I've just wanted a Hellcat for so long it clouds my vision. Not sure if I'll pick this one up or not. I might go for the metal version of the M60 instead. What I should do is send an email to Carson and see if he can ship it by regular freight. I don't need it to be here in 5 days and I can probably save 75% of the shipping cost if he just sends it by regular shipping instead of air freight. I think it's sad that the 2 allied tanks I most want to own have never been produced by one of the major manufacturers. It doesn't surprise me, that's how my luck usually runs, I just find it a bit sad.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:22 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

I hear ya man. I have wanted an ez8 and M60 since I got into the hobby and I built the tamiya ez8 and them a few more lol. Ihad to drop about 2300 bucks to build Carson's M60a3 about 5 years or so ago and have driven the crap out of it. Sadly though this month some kids at the LA meet put hands on it on my table when I wasnt looking and they were grabbing tank barrels. So much of the inside of the turret is kaputz. I didnt know it till a few days after I got back. I may get a glass case for it and relegate it to display and re use the IBU.

If you want the hellcat that bad you can buy the printer file pack and have JVM print it for you. The print lines will still be there because his file resolution sucks but resin sands nicely and they will look alot better. You just have to build it then. JVM3d concepts can be found on Instagram. That is who I contract alot of my resin printing to for my parts I market.
Old 12-22-2023, 01:30 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Im thinking now the individual parts I received whilst through him may have been from a different source. Their quality is akin to the okmo sla printed items rather than the built up tanks I've seen. I did ask him if he could print me a comet from some 1/10 files I've seen but he was not keen. The one from cults 3d he wanted to sell me was a bit wonky on the details front so I passed
Old 02-28-2024, 06:30 PM
50koruny

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

This seller is literally the worst person i ever met in the RC tank community.
Absolutely shameless creature.

I told him 3 times that i DONT WANT him to use my 3D model for his business and he just dont care.
Absolutely incredible...

Anyway, he dont do any designs and he dont own printers.
He is just ordering printed parts in China and re-selling them.
Just using designs of the regular designers (lot of designers).

If designer dont find that, he just use them without any royalties paid to designer.
If designer find that, he will offer some poor money to designer.
If designer refuse, he will use that design anyway.

Just parasite and terrible person.

Here are some screenshots.
Note that the second one is from September 2022!
This was my first contact with him, when i found him selling my design on Ebay.
Of course, he dont contacted me before that.

Old 02-28-2024, 09:44 PM
skyowa

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Looking at his feedback, I'd be inclined to believe he's legit, I even went through some of the people who left feedback and saw no red flags indicating any kind of sham.

That being said, none of his customers note any problems with quality or appearance, so whatever he's doing, he seems to do right. Looks like someone who enjoys the build more than anything so he's found away to subsidize a steady supply of projects.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:33 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by skyowa
Looks like someone who enjoys the build more than anything so he's found away to subsidize a steady supply of projects.
I suppose the theft of intellectual property is one way of doing that. It all depends on what kind of man you want to be and how you want to live your life. Some people are honorable, and some people are natural born thieves.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:19 AM
tankme

Looking at his feedback, I'd be inclined to believe he's legit, I even went through some of the people who left feedback and saw no red flags indicating any kind of sham.

That being said, none of his customers note any problems with quality or appearance, so whatever he's doing, he seems to do right. Looks like someone who enjoys the build more than anything so he's found away to subsidize a steady supply of projects.
The debate here isn't whether his is a legit seller. He definitely gets paid and in return sends a product that he didn't design and didn't print himself as he farms the printing out to another company. The problem is he is selling copies of someone's designs in violation of the usage agreement he agreed to upon purchasing and downloading the files. There is a "no commercial use policy" on these files. In addition, he has been told on several occasions by the creator his actions are in violation of the use policy and been informed to cease violating that policy. Printing and selling the files for profit is commercial use. Only after being confronted by the designer (IE: caught stealing), did he offer to provide any compensation.

So "whatever he's doing" is not right. Copyright laws are just that..."laws". They are laws to be enforced just like any other law.

BTW Skyowa, weren't you recently banned over at Hobby Squawk for the same kind of comments?
The following 2 users liked this post by tankme:
RichJohnson (02-29-2024), Ziptar (03-03-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 03:20 AM
50koruny

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

yeah, imagine all those people who copied a tank they didn't actually design, the *******s...
I've been working on this model for a year.
According to you, anyone can do whatever they want with it, because it's actually just a copy of a real vehicle?
Incredible...
Old 02-29-2024, 06:34 AM
Max-U52

This brings up another subject as well ... feedback. It doesn't always tell the whole story. There's been a few times that I posted negative or neutral feedback on a transaction, because that's the way I really felt about it, but the seller didn't agree so they simply called eBay and whined until eBay took my feedback down. So now when you look at Feedback, it doesn't really matter what the percentage is because you have no way of knowing how many people left negative feedback and the seller just complained about it until eBay took it down.

And I know there have been times when I've given guys a pretty hard time about the prices they were asking, but I fully realize that a lot of work goes into creating these files and for someone to just come along and use them to make money is absolutely 100% wrong. It reminds me of a few years ago when the Chinese were making knockoffs of resin figures without any consideration for the original artist. Once we knew what was really going on, most of the guys here quit buying from those sellers. That actually made me feel good when I realized that most RC tankers actually have a pretty high level of integrity. With a few exceptions.
50koruny (02-29-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 04:42 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Ok folks, move along.

I cleaned up a little bit, any more and folks get put in time out. Consider this your warning.
J330 (03-05-2024)