Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Wiring help with 27Mhz Jagdpanzer upgrade to 7.0

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Wiring help with 27Mhz Jagdpanzer upgrade to 7.0

Old 04-06-2024, 04:47 PM
maillemaker

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Wiring help with 27Mhz Jagdpanzer upgrade to 7.0

So I want to upgrade my Heng Long 27 Mhz Jagdpanzer to the 7.0 electronics. I've already bought the receiver and transmitter.

First order of business is I need some of the male and female banana connectors that Heng Long now uses to hook into the power and to the motors.

Does anyone know what these are called so I can order some up?

Second order of business is does anyone know what the breakout should be for the main harness from the old upper hull so I can wire new JST connectors to plug into the 7.0 board?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-06-2024, 05:05 PM
maillemaker

I think I found the information in this thread:

Need help wiring up my Sherman with IBU2U Base
Old 04-06-2024, 06:40 PM
maillemaker

I still need to know the kind of connector for the banana plugs coming out of the 7.0 board, and I also need to know the kind of connector that plugs into the LED ports on the 7.0 board.

I think I've got all the JST connectors wired up for the turret and gun motors.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-12-2024, 06:15 PM
maillemaker

My banana plugs and Dupont connectors came in, so I was able to proceed with the wiring.

I first tried making use of the stock harness and distribution board. Turns out the LEDs won't work with a shared common ground on the 7.0 board - it causes it to shut down on engine startup.

The easiest thing was to simply do as they now do on the 7.0 tanks and run a separate connector for every single thing. Did that and everything works awesome.

I can now run one of the new generation Heng Long smokers and holy cow does it smoke!

Old 04-15-2024, 01:22 AM
Max-U52

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

That's a lot of smoke. I bet I could use one of those in a 1/6 tank. Have you heard of anyone using that smoker with an IBU2?
Old 04-15-2024, 05:28 AM
maillemaker

Originally Posted by Max-U52
That's a lot of smoke. I bet I could use one of those in a 1/6 tank. Have you heard of anyone using that smoker with an IBU2?
I tried it with my IBU2U. You can see my thread here:

IBU2U keeps shutting down with new smoker

Problem is the new smoker draws too much power. I modified my .ini file to only do 10% but it still shuts down if I'm in heavy terrain. It needs some kind of auxiliary power control system.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:46 AM
Max-U52

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I'll probably order one, and then we'll see how it does on the IBU2. I don't think the IBU2 is set up to have a separate plug for the heating element and the fan, we'll have to see.