Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Texas Armor Association Pictures MAY 1 2005

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Texas Armor Association Pictures MAY 1 2005

Old 04-03-2005, 07:02 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Armor Association Pictures MAY 1 2005

Here are some Shots from today APRIL 3rd 2005 of the Texas Armor Association Members and ARMOR>... Most all are Tamiya 1/16 Full Function with Battle Units...Note that there is a Leo2, T-34, Sherman, 2 Pershings, 2 King TIgers and a Tiger1...This was a modest turnout...We are missing our South Austin Branch and also Corpus Christi Modeler Nick who is an avid and talented modeler...This is our 1st outdoor gathering this year and was fun....Note our 4 yr old Tanker ..Son of one of our Officers...This young Tanker operates the SHerman as well as my KingTIger without a problem ...with accuracy better than some adults...hhehehe
LtDan ....need you to post the other action and still photos....these are a must see....ever see a single man push a KT or T1 or Pershing or yet a LEOPARD 2.,...watch and see it here 1st////
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96564.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	253628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87140.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	253629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86175.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	253630   Click image for larger version

Name:	At54742.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	253631  
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 AM
digger1976

Default RE: Texas Armor Association Pictures April 3rd 2005

Nemesis, how do you configure the battle system for the King Tiger w/o putting the infrared unit on the main gun barrel? I read Tamiya's directions and it wants me to put it on the barrel. Looks tacky like that. Any suggestions?
Old 04-04-2005, 09:18 PM
nemesis4u

YOu can mount the IR transmitter in the turret on the right side...easier to do when assembling tank than after the fact...make a larger hole and then mount it with styrene ..plastistrut stuff and use a screw or glue it in place...make sure it is level with the main gun...I will have to do this to mine as mine is temporarily mounted on the gun on both my new Pershing and KT...Lt Dan ..aka txtanker has mounted his inside the KT turret as I described... Hey txtanker care to elaborate??????? Good luck it is not difficult just be sure to use that mounting "tube" that holds the IR transmitter so that you will not get any distortion of the signal when it exits the "holder"///
LT Dan .,..need those pics....
Old 05-01-2005, 09:27 PM
nemesis4u

Just wanted to add some new photos to our MAY 1st Texas Armor Meeting..I only got a few shots today...but here they are...Can you spot all the tanks in these shots...some blend in well b/c of the camo....
Next meeting I will get lots of Action shots...TOday we were discussing our 1/16 Scale battlefield so we did not get too many organized battles...mostly free for all today...But the action was non-stop...COl_Sabot threw his right track off his Pershing... and txtanker got it fixed at home today already...great job.... and we got to see txtanker's WSN/Trumpeteer T-34 Full Fuction Battle Ready Tank in Action...Awesome tank..great detailing too...missed the shot of it...too busy battling in the "ravine"[>:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97600.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	265640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94049.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	265641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87475.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB