Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya 1/16 Sherman

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:42 AM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya 1/16 Sherman

HI,

I am new to this forum, i own Tamiya 1/16 Tiger and Tamiya 1/16 pershing. I am thinking of selling the pershing and getting a Sherman Instead, because of lack of space inside it and i am having hard time operating the turret and one more thing is i dont like the engine sound when its running it does not sound like a engine running .

Please give me your input on how is Sherman compared to pershing and also does the real sherman tank's gun recoil?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 02:52 AM
panzerdriver5

Default RE: Tamiya 1/16 Sherman

Hi,

Yes, the real 105 Sherman had recoil. The Tamiya Full Option model does not. To be accurate, the tank needs a recoil system but there is not a lot of room in the turret.
As for the Pershing, it is more detailed than the Sherman but the Sherman is easier to run and maintain with less maintenance issues. Engine sound of the Pershing is actually as accurate as they come, it is also the proper sound for a Sherman with a Ford GAA engine which tankers often would have if they convert their 105 Sherman into an "Easy Eight" 76mm Sherman. The Tamiya Full Option kit represents a Sherman powered by a radial engine and reflects that in it's engine sound. The two engine types for the Sherman are recognized by the engine decking.
You are not alone in having trouble with the turret wiring of a Pershing. Wires have to be bundled and tied neatly so they can't hang up or get caught on parts, or pinched in the turret rotation mechanism.
If you get a Sherman kit, and you want to add ball bearings to the wheels, do so when you first build the kit. Good luck in what you decide.

Best regards,
Daryl
Old 04-24-2005, 03:50 AM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Tamiya 1/16 Sherman

Thanks Daryl, When I run the pershing on full speed or when the tank starts its chain sound the engine sounds weird, it sounds very distorted is that normal? and does Sherman also sound like that?

Thanks