Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Radio and receiver question

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Radio and receiver question

Old 05-14-2005, 06:40 AM
narcop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and receiver question

What radio and receiver are you guys using with your Tamiya tanks? Anybody using a Jr radio and the Jr R700 receiver?

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-14-2005, 05:26 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Default RE: Radio and receiver question

NEMESIS4U

Nemesis4u, I had to email you b/c for some reason I couldn't send a post to
RCU. In response to your response about Back Yard Armor, I'll post pictures
later. Can't wait to get the items from BYA so I can continue the build. I
have a problem though. I want to use my Jr radio equip. (Jr XP652 radio and my
Jr R700 receiver). The problem is, the T-05 unit's plugs won't fit in the R700
receiver. Do you have any suggestions on how to moify the plugs to fit? If
not, what radio and receiver should I use? I'd like to use a 6ch or 4ch.

Thanks again for your replies. The JR unit not working has me
frustrated[:@].

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,
Tamiya electronics were jointly developed with the use of Futaba Components in mind....JR will Easily work as well..Just make sure you insert the proper end of the connector "positive" into the JR RECEIVER.. You must "FILE DOWN" the COnnectors from the DMD/MF Unit so that they will fit into the JR RECEIVER...No Big deal ..Just make sure they go into the Receiver Properly.. Look at your JR connectors and the look at the FUtaba Style connectors and you will see the Tab I am speaking of...Just cut or file it off and it will work...Hope this helps... DOnt forget to use a Ground 75Mhz Fm Radio or similar Ground Frequency Radio....
Old 05-15-2005, 08:37 PM
narcop

Thanks Tom, for the info. I cut the tab off the other day, but the connector still doesn't fit. I guess mor trimming is in need.

Thanks,
Chris (Check your PM's)
Old 05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
digger1976

Hello. I have been using the Futaba Skyport radio and receiver, although cheap, they have been working great. I believed I spent about $80 on the radio, receiver, Nicad battery, charger and all the servos that I didn't need. I have also configured the radio to fire the main gun and machine gun on my King Tiger without having to play with the trim switches. I had purchased 'momentary switches' at Radio Shack and installed them in about 10 minutes. The casing of the Futaba radio made this configuration very easy.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:48 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Would that work with the Sherman? I am also interested in a seperate trigger. Could you put a picture of thet up here?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:19 PM
TANKDUEL

Although your radio is different, here is an article that explains how to add firing buttons on Futaba radios
http://www.fragarmor.org/Advanced%20Hints%203.htm
If yours is a 4ch radio,open it up and locate the 4 'stations' on the circuit board,each with 3 wired soldering points. With the tank and radio turned on, use a piece of wire to complete the circuit detween the middle point and the left, then right,until you find which ones will cause the MG and main gun to fire. Then you can solder away and add your buttons.
Hope this helps, that's how I figured out how to wire a Futaba T4YF which is a completely different setup to the radio on the FRAG site.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:45 AM
digger1976

Edouble, I will post pictures tonight. I apologize, I should have had the pictures readily available yesterday. I do most of my tank forum chatting at work. I will hop on my PC this evening and post the pictures. It is a very easy job. I believe TankDuel posted a reply with a web site that has pictures on how to do this as well. In addition, I will post pictures as well. Is this your first Tamiya tank? Have you used it outside yet?
I have the Pershing and King Tiger and I cannot express enough of how happy I am with Tamiya's products. The tanks are very well crafted and capable of just about anything, within reason. I have had mine for about 2 years now and I do not have any complaints. Each Tamiya tank has its pros and cons, which give them there own liking depending what kind of mood I am in when I want to use them. If I can only use them both at the same time. I need to get my wife in to this! What are the chances of that???