Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

I'm SOOOOoo Confused!!

Old 02-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Sgt. Stryker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm SOOOOoo Confused!!

So I internet MatoToys and decide to get the second set of tracks with sprocket wheel for just under $15.00 US.

The shipping comes to near the same amount.

this seems odd for when I purchased other items via the internet the shipping/handling was but a small percentage of my purchase.

Comments, anyone? Wisdom is appreciated.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:12 AM
Stern

Default RE: I'm SOOOOoo Confused!!

Hallo,

if I take a look at the ebay.com offers for the HL I wonder why in the US and Can market the dealer want to get much more $ for shipping than it really costs ???

The best dealer in Germany is www.asiatam.de - they ship also to the US/Can for that money that it really costs !

An shipping to the US/Can is for a letter with f.e. a smoke generator inside about 5-7 € ...

Other dealer on German ebay are trying to make money "over" the shipping costs ... that's a game for idiots ... I do not play that ...

There a enough dealer to get a good one.

If you need help - feel free to ask !

Greetings
Old 02-09-2006, 03:18 AM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't the parts come from hong kong ?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:39 AM
Sgt. Stryker

My thoughts exactly.

When I see an internet business withold shipping and handling ciosts until the very last
part of the process, my stomach sours.

Making up the profits on shipping fees is an old strategy on ebay, which is why I rarely buy there.

I have ordered items shipped from Britain, Russia and Scandinavia and the shipping costs are right up front.

By the way, it is a game i do not play as well. matter of fact when I am arguing I have a special phrase which is
"I don't play that game!"

Good to see a kindred Spirit

Take care

stryker in seattle

Old 02-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Reindeer
My Feedback: (25)

It seems that one trick I've seen on eBay is that some sellers will sell an item at cost, but try to make a profit through inflated shipping costs. I think the tactic behind it is to try and lure buyers with a fantastic price in the hopes that they don't read the ad that closely.

One thing though, if buying from a foreign seller, realize that shipping costs are going to be higher. Also, I personally don't consider it unreasonable if the seller were to charge a little extra for having to fill out the customs forms... they can be a PITA to deal with
Old 02-09-2006, 04:05 AM
Reindeer
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: Sgt. Stryker

When I see an internet business withold shipping and handling ciosts until the very last
part of the process, my stomach sours.
Sometimes you have to play it by ear. Some sellers will only charge what it actually costs them to ship an item, and for that reason they don't state an actual amount until the end of the sale. If there is any doubt, ask for a shipping quote before actually bidding/buying the item.