Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 1/18 Panzer IV AUSF -H TANK >

1/18 Panzer IV AUSF -H TANK

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/18 Panzer IV AUSF -H TANK

Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/18 Panzer IV AUSF -H TANK

It's just what I've heard. Supposedly the replacement parts are made to a slightly higher standard because they are specifically for replacing previous inferior units that went "poof". Or something like that.

Is your Musashi made by Arii or Doyusha?
You might disable the piston mechanism on the generator so the unit will just continually smoke. I don't think the Musashi went chugatta-chugatta like a locomotive...

ORIGINAL: Turbobearcat

I hope your right, I'm going to pick up a pair and go from there...one for my Panzer to see if there is room...I think there is... the other I will either place inside my
1/250 scale IJN Musashi or just keep it as a back up for my soon to be tank.

Mark
Old 07-27-2006, 09:10 AM

she's the Doyusha kit... has been one of my all time favorite ships I own...
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

harq<<< if you wrap it , dont wrap the transistor on top of the smoking unit, it`s overheating naturaly,imagine wrapping it.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:36 PM

well either way I go--I will be posting updates and upgrades when I do..I would like to see what can be done with this small tank..can't wait to get more to be honest with you..
Old 07-27-2006, 11:43 PM

I don't know (shrugs). I can imagine a burning smell. [:'(]

Roger.

-Harq

ORIGINAL: schutzstaffel

harq<<< if you wrap it , dont wrap the transistor on top of the smoking unit, it`s overheating naturaly,imagine wrapping it.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:40 AM

Well one thing is forsure about this tank, it does about where I want it too, last night I drove around the backyard with grass over 7 inches tall..the tank just kept going...was able to turn and manuver around with no problems, it even climbed over the concret slab to the back porch...so I will really test out the Tank later this week at a beach envorniment and see how well it does there.

Mark
Old 08-01-2006, 01:57 AM

Hmm, can't believe the success you're having with this "piece of crap". I use those words because this tank has a supposed poor reputation based on the previous reviews on this forum.
I thought it was good only for the kitchen floor...

Be careful on that sand--er "North Afrika", it can get into all kind of places and crevices.

-Harq
Old 08-01-2006, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Harquebus

Hmm, can't believe the success you're having with this "piece of crap". I use those words because this tank has a supposed poor reputation based on the previous reviews on this forum.
I thought it was good only for the kitchen floor...

Be careful on that sand--er "North Afrika", it can get into all kind of places and crevices.

-Harq
Strange...this thing is no crap of O'matic..made very well to my suprise...last night I took it apart and checked out the insides..no the layout was simple..the twin gearbox and motors setup was simple and large for it's size.. the electronics is mounted high in the back of the tank and a ton of room in the center of the classis , I am not worried about this unit, the only thing I might change is relocating the on/off switch and flipping over the battery pack and sealing the bottom and making one of the hatches(cover) a recharge port. The Tank looks very good to me and performs very well..the video I shot was me driving the tank and holding the video cam at the same time...over all tall grass is no problem, dirt was no problem...
My review of this Tank is the following:
For $50 at Walmart it's fun... for $55 you can buy a HL Tiger from Raidentech.com... one is bigger and looks are about the same..but since Walmart puts these on clearance and drops the price down to say $20 or less...that makes these a great deal for the price..and like anything else in this world if you put some effort and ideas into the kit..it's going to make you smile.. this tank makes me smile!

Mark
Old 08-02-2006, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the controls proportional or just on-off?

What does "throw-track" mean?

Is there any parts support for this tank?

I am really tempted.

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:41 AM

Even though this thread belongs to Turbobearcat, I'll bump this thread to the top of the stack by answering what questions I know.

"Throw track" is what happens when the track runs off of the tank's drive wheels/bogies/idlers. This typically happens while trying to turn or pivot on surfaces that have a lot of friction like carpet.

I suspect the controls are just on-off but I am not sure. Conversion to proportional is feasible however.

Since this is an off-the-department-store-shelf tank (not hobby grade), parts support will have to come from the manufacturer. If this tank really takes off and develops a fan base maybe a cottage industry of parts suppliers will spring up in much the way it did for the 21st Century 1/6 M5 Stuart. I kind of doubt it though.

If the price gets dropped to $29.99 or so on the clearance aisle, your concerns about this tank (proportional? parts support?) simply vanish, at least for me.

-Harq
Old 08-03-2006, 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: smau1

Are the controls proportional or just on-off?

What does "throw-track" mean?

Is there any parts support for this tank?

I am really tempted.

Thanks.
They are not totally either.... when I do make a turn using one stick, I do notice that the other side still turns but at a slower rate , I can make smooth turns with this one..
so to answer the question..the controls are not proportional with a gradual rate in speed or turning..but it's not on/off either...maybe I can do another video with somebody holding the camera so I can really show you how it operates.

There is no parts that support the tank, however I was told the gearbox from the HL tanks will fit and with that being said but not verified yet, I will report to the board when it's confirmed.

throwing the track happens when the track catches on an object and it pulls it off the hub..the track simply comes off and the tank stops moving.

As far as upgrading..Harqs is correct in adding a better radio..that would be one of the first upgrades that should be done to this system and then the gearbox..the rest of the tank is well built.... ok..metal tracks would be nice as well ;-)

I hope this helps

Mark