Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 Bought Snow Leopard but w/o manual!  Help >

Bought Snow Leopard but w/o manual! Help

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Bought Snow Leopard but w/o manual! Help

Old 07-30-2006, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought Snow Leopard but w/o manual! Help

Hi all:

I have bought the R/c tank Snow Leopard. However, the manual is not there.

Can anyone kind enough to scan the manual and let me operate?

Thanks in Advance

Austin Khor
Old 07-30-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bought Snow Leopard but w/o manual! Help

My scanner is kaput. If yours is smoke and sound version this may help.

First, charge your battery for 4-6 hours, the latter if it's greenish in color. Install the transmitter antenna and install the AA batteries in the transmitter and turn it on to test, should light up red. Place the antenna for the tank on the little brass stud behind the turret.

Install the battery in the well on the bottom, check that the crystals in both the tank and transmitter are seated properly. The little round white button is the volume control for the speaker and the switch inside the battery well is for the smoke unit (you'll refill this after the first 2 hours of use with about 2ml or so of fluid at a time).

Flip the switch on the tank to on, the head and tailights should flash, flip the switch on the transmitter to on, its light should be on red. Press the black button on the left (looks like a key) and the tank will start up. The tank will be ready to receive commands when the lights are on continuously.

I test the left controls first, moving the turret and barrel up and down. The gun fires by pressing the left stick forward but- there is a safety switch on the tank in the loaders hatch. Do not use the included bbs, throw them away and buy some real ones, do not over fill capacity is listed as 40 rounds.

This should get you started, if I missed anything someone please chime in or correct an error made.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:37 PM

Hi Swathdiver:

Thanks for it. If anyone have a copy, please scan and send to me.

Hey you sound like a local Singaporean... are you?

Austin

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

First, charge your battery for 4-6 hours, the latter if it's greenish in color. Install the transmitter antenna and install the AA batteries in the transmitter and turn it on to test, should light up red. Place the antenna for the tank on the little brass stud behind the turret.

Install the battery in the well on the bottom, check that the crystals in both the tank and transmitter are seated properly. The little round white button is the volume control for the speaker and the switch inside the battery well is for the smoke unit (you'll refill this after the first 2 hours of use with about 2ml or so of fluid at a time).

Flip the switch on the tank to on, the head and tailights should flash, flip the switch on the transmitter to on, its light should be on red. Press the black button on the left (looks like a key) and the tank will start up. The tank will be ready to receive commands when the lights are on continuously.

I test the left controls first, moving the turret and barrel up and down. The gun fires by pressing the left stick forward but- there is a safety switch on the tank in the loaders hatch. Do not use the included bbs, throw them away and buy some real ones, do not over fill capacity is listed as 40 rounds.

This should get you started, if I missed anything someone please chime in or correct an error made.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 AM

Nope, American.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:34 AM

Hiya from the UK, have you tried tamiyaclub.com? Kind regards Dino
Old 07-31-2006, 08:46 AM

Hi Swathdiver:

Thanks for your help, almost done, but where can I put the fluid for the smoke?

quote]ORIGINAL: swathdiver

[/quote]
Old 07-31-2006, 08:56 AM

The fluid gets back fed into the exhaust. I wouldn't put any in until the tank has run for a few hours. It's quite easy to overfill them and the unit will never work. Conversely, many units never work right out of the box. If the unit doesn't smoke after 3 minutes of running, add 2ml of fluid, give it time to travel down the tube then run the tank again. I ran one dry once and almost started a fire! The whole unit melted.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:14 AM

U mean the back grill part? I am not very sure. Pls elaborate more. Thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you were to look inside of the lower hull of the tank, you would see two plastic hoses going from the black box (smoke generator) out of the back of the tank, where the exhaust should be emitted. You will have to use the plastic hose as a funnel, by dropping oil/aerosol into it, so it can get to the smoke unit. I found it easier to have the tank open, so I could pull the tube out for filling and then I just slipped it back into the little hole. If you try to put aerosol into the tube without opening the tank, you might need a syringe to avoid wasting it everywhere.

Good Luck!
Jason
Old 07-31-2006, 03:34 PM

No, on the rear plate, there is the actual exhaust manifold which the travel lock attaches to. If you look into the two holes you'll see the plastic tubing for the smoke exhaust.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:51 AM

Swathdiver means the exhaust pipe in the rear (see the below photo shamelessly stolen from Raidentech) that has two plenums, i.e. "nostrils".

If you look in each one you will see a vinyl tube--this is where the smoke exits and also where you stick the oil bottle's narrow tip to squeeze the oil inside. My oil bottle came with an add-on tip, about 3 inches long, that you can easily stick inside the tubes without spilling the smoke oil. I thought it was nice of the manufacturer to include it with the tank.

-Harquebus

No, on the rear plate, there is the actual exhaust manifold which the travel lock attaches to. If you look into the two holes you'll see the plastic tubing for the smoke exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61731.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	500026  
Old 08-01-2006, 01:14 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I was thinking of the Tiger 1 instead of the Pershing. []
Old 08-01-2006, 03:54 AM

Hi All:

Thanks for the guide, I will try to it later and see if it work.

Austin

ORIGINAL: Harquebus

Swathdiver means the exhaust pipe in the rear (see the below photo shamelessly stolen from Raidentech) that has two plenums, i.e. "nostrils".

If you look in each one you will see a vinyl tube--this is where the smoke exits and also where you stick the oil bottle's narrow tip to squeeze the oil inside. My oil bottle came with an add-on tip, about 3 inches long, that you can easily stick inside the tubes without spilling the smoke oil. I thought it was nice of the manufacturer to include it with the tank.

-Harquebus

Old 08-01-2006, 12:39 PM

HI Swathdiver:

I think it is working. But a few questions more -

The remote control unit, what us the " G " button for?

The smoke only come out a while, is it the norm? Can I have smoke while on move?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:56 PM

Press it and find out! Seriously, it's for the machine gun.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 AM

The smoke should keep coming out as long as there is some oil in the reservoir. That's the problem with it--it should have a sight glass or a clear window on the smoke generator so one can see if it needs more oil or not. Otherwise you risk putting in too little oil and the unit will burn itself up when the oil unexpectedly runs out or you may insert way more oil than the generator can handle. When that happens, you have basically broken it until you can get the excess oil out.

You can have smoke while on the move. The smoke generator's speed is tied to the speed control of the main motors. If you go faster, the smoke generator's piston pumps faster. If the tank sits there and just idles, the pump will churn out the smoke in a lazy fashion.
Sometimes my Pershing's smoke unit does not engage at all (produce smoke) until the tank moves forward.

-Harq

ORIGINAL: austinkhor

HI Swathdiver:

I think it is working. But a few questions more -

The remote control unit, what us the " G " button for?

The smoke only come out a while, is it the norm? Can I have smoke while on move?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:10 PM

Hello Harquebus

Thanks for the reply. Where can I get extra track?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:58 AM

TankZone and Matotoys has them (not both, strangely), either in metal or the original plastic.

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/tz_henglong.htm
http://www.matotoys.com/canada/index.php?cPath=26

Those are the only sources I'm aware of at this time.

Hope this helps,

-Harq