Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

where is heng long website??

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

where is heng long website??

Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 AM
raimian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is heng long website??

hi

im am just wondering what the address for heng long's website is??

i would like to have a look at thier site to see current info, prices, and parts.

i hope someone can help

thanks

raimian
Old 08-13-2006, 06:41 AM
CJ Mahoney

Default RE: where is heng long website??

I did some research on this when they first came out and you will not find a site that is persay Heng Long, the name is just a product design name and the owners or registar of Trade Mark (TM) of the name is most likely a design company that sells OEM rights to manufacturing companies in places like Shantou China. I could not track down the product design firm because of the language barrier.

Hope this helps
Old 08-13-2006, 06:53 AM
CJ Mahoney

As far as Parts and products you or any non-company can buy direct from any China Manufacturer because of their export laws (long Story). The Manufacturer will only sell products by large amounts the lowest being 4 Tanks per CTN (Carton) at about 20 to 25 USD per tank and shipping will be added as well some only sell by the trailer load.

But they will sell you anything they have including parts.

Oh ya preferred payment is by T/T (Telegraphic Transfer) e.g bank Transfer

If you do this be careful of import Tax from your own country [&:]
Old 08-13-2006, 10:21 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www.toys-cn.com/product.asp?cateid=104&cid=LS55]Shantou Mato[/link]
Old 08-13-2006, 03:13 PM
TANKDUEL

http://www.shantouwellsold.com
Old 02-25-2007, 10:46 PM
herrmill

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I know that this is an old post, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Heng Long's website is:

www.henglongtoys.net

www.heglongtoys.cn.alibaba.com

It's not updated with the new Pz III, but does show enough of their product line to see that RC tanks are a small part of their overall business. That's part of the reason why they aren't too nterested in retooling Tiger 1 manlets or other incorrectly designed components that seem to always get mentioned in other postings here on RCU. Don't get me wrong, HL has done a great service to offering affordable RC tanks to a growing hobby, but they won't ever try to be a Tamiya or Trumpeter when it comes to historical accuracy.

Regarding what was posted earlier as HL's website, Wellsold is just one of many trading companies who pretend to be the manufacturer. Same goes for Mato, although they do manufacture other items of their own under their Mattoro brand.

Neville, a funny thing I discovered after seeing Wellsold's website: if you search for tanks, you'll see that they are using a photo that I took last October of Heng Long's preproduction Pz III sample. That is the sample I purchased sitting on MY desk with MY Mac Mini & power adaptor in the background. I assume they pulled that from THQ's site without asking anyone for permission. Apparently if these guys can't even post their own photos, I would highly suspect them to be a viable manufacturer for what they claim to produce / sell.

Chuck

Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 AM
ah64

Learned something New I didn't know HL had a sherman....Hmmm
Old 02-26-2007, 06:04 AM
martin g

I think the Sherman is not a 1/16 by the way, smaller I believe. Also I have been in contact with wellsold, very keen to sell large quantities of tank, not so on smaller orders. Nice people of course, I would say bulk buying that way isnt for the ammature looking to make an easy buck on ebay, you will get a lot of returns. Almost worked for me as I mod the tanks up before moving them on but I as I generally just do one or two a month, I didnt have the space for twenty boxed tanks awaiting work.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 AM
herrmill

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ah64

Learned something New I didn't know HL had a sherman....Hmmm
It's offered only in 1/30 scale. 1/16 offering includes the Tiger I, Panther (PanTiger) , Pershing (Snow Leopard) [:-], Bulldog & PzKw III. Nothing else is confirmed for release at this time.

Mattoro makes the Sturmtiger & will release this year their new King Tiger. WSN has the T-34 & sometime this year, a Tiger 1 & KT. Rumors are they will also release an IR series.

Rumors are swirling on aftermarket parts for the Pz III & other models to be released. Will probably make for an interesting year & this is only on the low end of the market.

As the folks in TV land say.... stay tuned. This is China afterall & things tend to change overnight.

Chuck
Old 02-26-2007, 06:21 AM
ah64

Matto has the strumtiger But at the momment The CP rail is on a strike and the orders are backed up.
I was gonna order one when they were taking pre orders but I am the type to wait till a Tank has been out a little while so I can get all the extra goodies that come out later. {Metal Tracks Add on detail}
Old 10-21-2020, 03:35 PM
toshik

Unhappy

Originally Posted by herrmill View Post
I know that this is an old post, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Heng Long's website is:

www.henglongtoys.net

www.heglongtoys.cn.alibaba.com
Looks like both links are down now...
Old 10-21-2020, 03:57 PM
tankme

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

????_??????_????_????????

HL websites are notoriously bad and outdated. Their tanks may be made in China, but the company is Korean.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:37 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme View Post
????_??????_????_????????

HL websites are notoriously bad and outdated. Their tanks may be made in China, but the company is Korean.
The tanks and company are both Chinese. Not Korean. HL also will not maintain a website because that would mean they would have to provide support or help their customers. There is no reason NOT to have a site in this day and age.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:48 AM
tankme

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik View Post
The tanks and company are both Chinese. Not Korean. HL also will not maintain a website because that would mean they would have to provide support or help their customers. There is no reason NOT to have a site in this day and age.
That's strange that they are Chinese because all of the Heng Long vids I've seen are in Korean. Having lived there I can recognize the language even if I don't know exactly what they are saying. I just did some digging and it seems they are in China from what I can find. Why their vids are in Korean, I have no idea...

Last edited by tankme; 10-22-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toshik View Post
Looks like both links are down now...

You know those links were posted 13 years ago.

We still had Hotmail and Netscape navigator back then.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:17 PM
tankme

I still have a Hotmail account...although I don't use it.