Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato Sale

Old 12-21-2006, 12:49 AM
mitchlandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mato Sale

Not affiliated in any way, just passing the info

Not sure if everyone is on their newsletter, but sale on some stuff till Dec 30, like metal tracks ~40% off.
I'm really eyeing those metal tracks for the bulldog, their down to $48 bucks from ~80
Old 12-21-2006, 03:25 AM
zumzum5150
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Mato Sale

thnx for passing on the info. Picked up the metal trax for my T34.

ORIGINAL: mitchlandry

Not affiliated in any way, just passing the info

Not sure if everyone is on their newsletter, but sale on some stuff till Dec 30, like metal tracks ~40% off.
I'm really eyeing those metal tracks for the bulldog, their down to $48 bucks from ~80
[
Old 12-21-2006, 05:17 AM
Captainbertie

Yep.......me too.....just ordered T34 tracks......great value..................

CaptB
Old 12-21-2006, 07:14 AM
martin g

Oh many thanks, your a star,

I just managed to buy a set of metal tracks for the Tiger AND metal gears for my sons Bulldog for less than three quarters what I woud pay here for the tracks alone and that includes delivery to the UK

Total was $80 US

The tracks alone on ebay in the UK are around $110 US

I love bargain
Old 12-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Turbobearcat

I got the email from them this morning, too bad I am tapped out for another week because I might be half tempted to pickup another tank...which if I do my wife might kill me

Oh well...will have to save for a Tamiya King Tiger unless somebody else makes a good one soon.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are the shipping charges from Mato to the United States? I've seen these tanks on eBay, but shipping charges can run as high as $48 USD.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:11 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Richard:

Shipping should not be too much. Why not go through their site, and use the shipping calculator. Then if its low, you can buy without risk.

And the reason those (unmentionable) sellers on eBay have so high shipping is that even if you get a dud and return the tank, Shipping is NOT refundable, and they have still made their profit. Its a sucker play, but because most will not complain, these (unmentionable) guys get away with it.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:09 PM
jimster43

He's also got some new items for the Tiger I, a new gun with the mantle flipped and metal tow cables.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: WhiteWolf McBride

Shipping should not be too much. Why not go through their site, and use the shipping calculator. Then if its low, you can buy without risk.
Thanks. I just ordered a S&S M41A3 Walker Bulldog Tank, and shipping turned out to be around $40 USD to Washington State through UPS, which was manageable.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:06 AM
kevinb120

Im trying the Canada post to the US(it says to use it...). I got every metal option for the tiger, tow cables, extra barrel and speaker, figure, crystals, and a walker bulldog with metal gears for only $190 shipped :P I saw some complaining on the CPost ship times but already have a tracking number, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:13 AM
swathdiver

I had bad luck with Canada Post when Murphy shipped tanks or big boxes of parts to me. Small packages no problem. Packages seemed to sit in Customs forever, the tracking was never updated or you'd see it moving and nothing. On two occasions the USPS delivered my packages to another location not even remotely similar to my address. Another days delay and the delivered to me. After that I told Murphy to ship my stuff UPS no matter the cost and just charge my card the difference. Apparently it was costing him too in lost shipments so he now offers UPS as an option. I hope you don't have any problems, just understand it could take a full 2-3 weeks to get to your door so be patient.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:26 AM
The_Stuff

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

I had bad luck with Canada Post when Murphy shipped tanks or big boxes of parts to me. Small packages no problem. Packages seemed to sit in Customs forever, the tracking was never updated or you'd see it moving and nothing. On two occasions the USPS delivered my packages to another location not even remotely similar to my address. Another days delay and the delivered to me. After that I told Murphy to ship my stuff UPS no matter the cost and just charge my card the difference. Apparently it was costing him too in lost shipments so he now offers UPS as an option. I hope you don't have any problems, just understand it could take a full 2-3 weeks to get to your door so be patient.

lol its Canada post. they are slow and expensive. 16 cds from Columbus oh to ND took 2 days and 2bucks. from SK to Vancouver bc took 2 weeks and 16 bucks for 10 cds.

staying on topic, how is their service for Canada to Canada clients?
Old 12-30-2006, 09:30 AM
YHR

I do not work for Canada Post, but in my opinion and my experience, it is hard to beat Canada Post and the USPS. I mail order everything as I have no local hobby shop. I have literally told sellers to not ship stuff to me UPS. It usually cost twice as much and their brokerage fees into Canada are a joke.

For all the complaining about USPS and Canada Post you hear this may come as a surprise to some, but in my opinion they are second to none. Mato stuff arrives to me in three days when they ship it Canada Post. I'm fine with that.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:29 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

I gotta speak up...

Compared to UPS and FedEx up here, Canada Post is the cat's meow. Here are my reasons why:

Neither private courier leaves parcel delivery attempt notices; Canada Post DOES (which includes their Expedited & ExpressPost services)

The couriers only only hold parcels something like 5 days and then send it home; Canada Post will hold ANY parcel for 14 days (includes weekends as most outlets are open 7 days a week)

Parcels not delivered (by courier) ~must~ be picked up at the depot, which for Ottawa is NOT on a bus route (stuffed out in an industrial park to the SE of town) It means a bus ride and a walk into the park (and then back with the parcel), a $30 cab ride, or mooching a lift from a friend. Canada Post will make a second attempt at your request, or if the parcel is big, and you can guarantee you'll be there (very polite about it too) Their pickup point for me is a few blocks away, managable even in -20c and snowing, or +30 and humid as hell.

For cross-border shipments, its no contest. Courier brokerage fees are about 4x the cost of Canada Post or USPS (flat $5 Cdn inbound) The courier assessments are ironclad and non-negotiable. Canada Post assessment is appealable, but the $5 is non-refundable.

I have NEVER been asked to use a courier, even when it was going around the world. I've only had one outbound parcel get lost, which Canada Post paid up on.

I'd sooner trust USPS from someone in the States too (for the brokerage and delivery issues) and they won't use USPS, I look for another supplier, sorry.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:28 PM
The_Stuff

I've had nightmares with Airborne Express out of the usa. first time buying off the Internet, and everything comes ok. was shipped to s'toon and then by local carrier DHL. well couple weeks later i got a letter from some broker company claiming that they paid my duty and taxes, and that i now owe them money. at first i didn't believe them, so i got ahold of the company i bought from and then the airborne guys and finally got it sorted out and paid it.

Anyhow I am wondering if its cheaper to buy another tank off ebay for 25+58shipping then to buy from mako. my pershing cost about 100.xx the day i paid for it because of the exchange.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:07 PM
ssocr

"I had bad luck with Canada Post when Murphy shipped tanks or big boxes of parts to me. Small packages no problem. Packages seemed to sit in Customs forever, the tracking was never updated or you'd see it moving and nothing. On two occasions the USPS delivered my packages to another location not even remotely similar to my address. Another days delay and the delivered to me. After that I told Murphy to ship my stuff UPS no matter the cost and just charge my card the difference. Apparently it was costing him too in lost shipments so he now offers UPS as an option. I hope you don't have any problems, just understand it could take a full 2-3 weeks to get to your door so be patient. "

Sounds like your problem is with US Customs and/or USPS - not Canada Post.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:33 PM
swathdiver

ORIGINAL: ssocr

Sounds like your problem is with US Customs and/or USPS - not Canada Post.
It could be. But packages shipped UPS have no problems going through customs. About 80% of my packages come to me via USPS the only ones I had the most problems with originated with Canada Post. I'm sure it works fine in-country. I ordered those excellent paintballs I use through Action Village. They now ship with a service called FedEx/USPS. They FedEx guy picks up the package and a couple of days later they give it to USPS. Once USPS has a whole truck load of packages then they'll send them on their way. Terrible system!