Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Best FM Radio for a Tamiya leo2A6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Best FM Radio for a Tamiya leo2A6

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:37 AM
FTBC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best FM Radio for a Tamiya leo2A6

I'm looking for suggestions for a 6 channel radio for a Tamiya leo2A6 tank. I wanted to get 6 channels in case I want to add some extra functions and I wanted to use FM for rejection of interferance and better range. I'm leaning towards the Hitec Laser 6 mainly because I don't see much else out there in 6 channel FM and 75 Mhz. Anyone out there have an opinion on this? What are most other people using?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:52 AM
steenv

Default RE: Best FM Radio for a Tamiya leo2A6

I use a Futuba F-14 40mhz FM radio. That works great and a super benefit, is that it can be extended with a lot of extra functions.

regards
Steen
Old 01-09-2007, 06:19 PM
hobbimaster

You also could use the new spektrum 2.4Ghz 6 channel radios on surface. Since it is 2.4Ghz you can use it for air or surface. Whatever 6 channel you get make sure you order the necessary parts to make the throttle a spring return instead of the ratchet stick all come standard with. I've converted all my Futaba 4YF's, and the parts are usually less than $2.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
PoisonPorkChop

Hi Hobbymaster,
just wondering if you can point me in the right direction to order those parts to make the throttle a spring return? I have a futaba 4ch "attack" radio i need to do that to...
Thank-You
ORIGINAL: hobbimaster

You also could use the new spektrum 2.4Ghz 6 channel radios on surface. Since it is 2.4Ghz you can use it for air or surface. Whatever 6 channel you get make sure you order the necessary parts to make the throttle a spring return instead of the ratchet stick all come standard with. I've converted all my Futaba 4YF's, and the parts are usually less than $2.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM
FTBC

Thanks for the reply. I am looking at the Futaba 6YG. Hobbimaster, I'm also very interested in where one could get the parts to change the throtttle to a spring return.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are looking for a 6-channel FM radio with spring return on both sticks, then check out this GWS 75Mhz surface radio: [link]http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_rc_radioGWT6A.html[/link]