Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Help me

Old 01-13-2007, 04:17 AM
pantiger man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me

Hi yall im screwed i am at benny boys place and my tank is stuffed when i was driving into a very shallow piece of water it just stopped and then i had no signal at all and then about 10 mins later i turned it on and the transmitter was turned of and it just started spinning al by its self and it wasnt even started up. right now i can start it up when i press foward the left track spins but the other dosent the gearbox isnt clogged up because when i press the cannon sound one track goes one way and one goes the other.

Please help my dad is going to kill me.[X(]

Any help greately apreciated.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:06 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help me

Your electronics got wet. Let it dry out and see it works in a day or so. If not you need to really dry it out with something like CorrosionX. As long as a transistor or something hasn't blown you'll be good to go. You do have spare boards don't you?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:09 AM
TIGER76

Let it dry out
And dont run it until its completey dry or it will go Kaaaaapoooof!!!! lol
Old 01-13-2007, 05:19 AM
pantiger man

i drove it for 2 secs and when you press foward the left track goes foward and when you press back the right track goes back it wont affect it much if i just drove it for literally like 10 secs will it.

And i dont have spare boards. and i took it through very deep water up to the top of the tracks yesterday and today as soon as i hit the water the tank just stopped buts its improving as it dries out more and what do i do if its still doing the same thing tommorow.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:29 AM
TIGER76

Give it time to dry out completely you should see an improvement in control as it dries tho if you dont carry any spare boards i wouldnt use it until its completely dry,maybe it would be worth trying to waterproofing it a bit theres a thread on the forums somewhere that way you can still use it when its wet.

and i took it through very deep water up to the top of the tracks yesterday
hehe love it still you gotta test these things out [sm=thumbup.gif]

maybe you could move some electric components a bit higher in your tank or seal the hull up i personally havent done that but im sure i read its been done on here also check the video link on the forums for the HlL tank/boat lol great stuff
Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta have spare boards if want to continue to enjoy these tanks. I don't know if you've opened your tank up yet, your main board is right up front underneath the speaker. Where do ya think the water is coming in from when you're fording puddles? At the front seem where the upper and lower hulls join! Get your father to read these posts on the forum so he'll have an understanding of what to expect and how to fix things and make the tank more reliable.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:31 AM
ah64

Well in rc car world we take a hairdryer to it that does it most the time. If you do get it to work or replace the board there is a trick that we use in electronics to help with these things. If you look on the internet or sometimes in a hobby shop, there is a Liquid rubber that you can use to dip your electronics in. Most guys use it for SERVOs It does work it is just like a epoxy dipped CB. the rubber doesnt corode like water and after all is dry you could swim with the tank if you wanted to. I know a few at the hobby shop that used it in ther SUBMARINES. There is also a Dip you use for TOOLS. That comfort grip in the handle of a pair of pliers or a hammer. same thing for water protection.

If all else stay away from water!! Tanks dont move that fast that you caint avoid a puddle. [8D]
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 AM
ah64

Also should mention mosfets are pretty touchy to heat so keep your hairdryer moving. You stay in one place to long the heat will build up very fast and cook your mosfets. With out those you have nothing.