Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Spektrum firing button mod

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Spektrum firing button mod

Old 04-13-2007, 09:28 PM
dacostasr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum firing button mod

Can the firing button mod as used on the futaba 4 channel be done on the Spektrum 6? I;ve done a search but can't find an answer. I love this mod on my futaba (Pershing)...just got a new Tiger, spektrum on the way...

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum firing button mod

I have a Tamiya T1 and a Spektrum DX6. I installed my own firing buttons for cannon and mg, and the dimension engineering voltage regulator. Works fine.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 PM
csal

Jeff, I was also looking into a Spectrum and was wondering how to do this. Any info on how you got your transmitter buttons installed would be great!

Carl
Old 04-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Brimauster

I also have the DX-6 and want to install a momentary button where the "aux/flap" switch is located. I took the back off the radio to check it out and there are only two wires going up to that switch. But I am way too chicken to be goofing around in there, so I'll leave it to a pro. It does'nt look all that hard to do.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:47 AM
ksoc

This might help.... from the DAK web site. No soldering required. You don't even need to remove the back of the radio.

http://web.mac.com/ethandunsford/iWe...io%20Room.html

Look for the link to "The Spektrum DX6 for Dummies.pdf" for the full text.

"Part 3: Setting the main gun firing to a switch.
The Spectrum DX 6 has the ability fire the main gun by throwing the Flap switch located
onthe top right of the transmitter. We will set this up by using the “programmable
mixing” feature. You can also program the machine gun to fire using another switch,
which we will get to in Part 4. What we are actually doing is setting up the Flap switch to
send the same signal as turning the trim all the way up and slamming the stick forwards,
i.e. the firing command. Once the gun has fired there will still be the same reload delay.
If you leave the switch in the “firing” position it will not automatically fire again. You
must turn the switch off then on again."

Kevin O
<S.C.A.T.>
Old 04-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kevin has a good point there, about using the flap switch. If you don't want to do the surgery, this is a good way to get the fire button and you don't have to permanently modify your radio. On mine, I drilled a couple holes in the back of the tx and installed some momentary push to fire button switches (courtesy of some fellow tankers instructions). Not too tough if you know how to solder, or can learn (not too hard).

I kind of like the dedicated firing buttons as they are kind of "bulletproof stupid" in the heat of a battle. I just got my 2nd DX6 in the mail this week (for my new Pershing project which I have yet to start) and was planning on going over to fellow tanker "DAK" s house to have a radio modification "party" (DAK just got a KT and a Spektrum, and were both building at the same time) We're installing the Dimension Engineering votage regulator in both, and firing buttons in my DX6. I'll take my digital camera along and we'll take some photos as we do it, and post on this thread.

Jeff.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:34 PM
dacostasr

Thanks!!
I'll be happy setting it up with the flap switch....didn't know that could be done.

VERY HAPPY now!!

Thanks again guys.

Dennis