Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL Non-S&S to S&S conversion

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Non-S&S to S&S conversion

Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 PM
kotori

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Non-S&S to S&S conversion

I have a HL non-S&S Pershing that doesn't work. I believe the receiver board is shot. I need to replace the RX, and I can only find the S&S replacement boards on Mato Toys website. Is there a source for non-S&S boards? If I need to upgrade to S&S to get it working again, will my original transmitter work with the S&S RX, or will I need a new TX as well? Keep in mind that I am on a cheap college student budget.

Thanks
Kotori

PS I have a friend who has some Tamiya Sherman hulls that he'd like to get running. Does anyone know if HL boards fit?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HL Non-S&S to S&S conversion

Youll need a new TX if you upgrade to a S+S board. It's worth the extra cost and it shold fit in a Tam.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:13 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A smoke and sound kit from Mato comes with everything you need, including a new transmitter.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
pattoncommander

On that same theme...I have 2 T-34's that I'd like to swap over to HL system....does someone sell the entire system without buying another tank to gut, or does someone out there have a HL system (or 2) from a conversion to Tam that that they'd like to sell????
Bill
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 PM
kotori

Hmmm. I can't find a kit that contains everything. I can find the receiver individually, the smoker individually, but not the transmitter or kit. I thought I'd seen them there at one point. Does anybody have a link or another source?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:14 AM
The_Stuff

hmm your right. must mean they are currently sold out. well trust us, buying the S&S upgrade is worth the 35 bucks. you get a new controler that you can change the crystal on, there is a 2 piece board, a speaker, a smoker unit. only thing is that you have to do some soldering. you also have to watch how you solder the power switch. it kinda changes.

http://www.dougstigerparts.com/mato_toys_ss_upgrade.htm
Old 07-03-2007, 01:36 AM
swathdiver

Send Mato an e-mail asking when they will be back in stock then. There is nobody else in North America that sells them and some of the Euro companies sell the old style kits, where instead of getting an entire transmitter, you have to modify the old one.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 AM
pattoncommander

Problem with MATO is they don't supply any kind of directions or guidelines on how to install the upgrades. Figured that would be common sense ....even a new camera will tell you how to load film etc. Photos posted on this site are not great as the first two are very dark and out of focus. Finally found a guy who can do it and is using my S&S Pz III as a guide.