Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL Engine related questions

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Engine related questions

Old 09-29-2007, 09:17 AM
wackywheelz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Engine related questions

Hey all,

With some (3) S&S conversions (2 HL tanks and a 1/12 abrams) starting next week, I was wondering if someone could answer the following:

- what are the stock motors that the Heng Longs come with -- I have no idea how to tell -- maybe someone can enlighten me?

- what would be the optimal engine upgrade without comprimising the board (RX14 S&S) -- who is running a larger/faster engine?

I am currently running stock drivetrain & plastic gearboxes.

My backyard track isn't too demanding, and basically I'm after a little more speed, nothing crazy, just a little better than stock. Being S&S I have proportional speed, so scale speed isnt super-duper neccessary as I can creep along at leisure.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:01 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: HL Engine related questions

Anything hotter than stock most likley will burn up the boards...i would stick with the stock set up.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:42 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HL Engine related questions

The "search" feature is your friend!

Basically the stock motors are 385 Suntechs. Older tanks had black capped motors that turned more RPMs but without a fan would blow a board easily.

I love Graupner Speed400s! You must cool the board with a fan. Before I did that I burned one transistor backing and turning the tank in sugar sand. They were in my Pershing and it was twice as fast as my black capped Tiger! It would make a Tiger really fly with that big sprocket!

Again, do the search and you'll come up with my old posts.