Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

December S.C.A.T. Battle Day

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

December S.C.A.T. Battle Day

Old 12-01-2007, 09:49 PM
ksoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: December S.C.A.T. Battle Day

If more fun to play with the LIVE ones before you kill them

I'd charge 'em before you get there. There will be power, so if you have a quick charger, you can recharge them on site. If you don't have a charger that uses 110V, you can run out to your car, or borrow mine.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 PM
blitzkrieg65

Thanks, i am charging them up and I have the Duratrax Piranha digital peak charger (Swathdiver recommended ) it has been great so far!

See you in the morning!

The Blitz
Old 12-02-2007, 11:48 PM
blitzkrieg65

WOW!!!! [sm=shades_smile.gif]

First a huge thanks to all of S.C.A.T but mots of all Steve, and his wife for hositng the event, what gracious host! I tell you what, our club has some high standards to try to build to a total class act! FUN, that was the theme tons of info sharing, a great bunch of guys and ladies! Ya you heard me they don't tell you about the lady tanker, I am just glad she was on my team most of the battles! OK
So how did the Blitz do??? The blitz got waxed, the first battle!!!, it was tough and not because of battle systems or any other excuse these guys and gal are very good! It is kind of funny I got one hit on another tank in the second battle and I was so happy, then I got waxed again![sm=lol.gif]

As far as realism and all of that stuff that people say, look we are playing a strategy game with an IR sender and reciever that happens to be in plastic, steel, and wood (Meril) chassis! IT IS A BLAST! I never drove a real tank, let along battled in one, but when I was on the high ground and part of the Axis team, and we lost a couple of guys on our flanks and we had at least 2 Shermans and 3 Pershings all traversing the swith backs coming through the forest from both flanks and up the middle to take the rest of our team out!!! You start to communicating and scramble to get into position to hold off the assault! Isn't that what most of us are looking for, awesome! All three of my tanks got to battle, the Panzer III probably did best, and I learned how to fight better with my Panther by the end of the day!

I did not realize how much better that the Tamiya sound system was, I have some ideas to boost Heng Long, not so much for the engine but the shot would be nice, and I still have to install EL Mod on one tank, and we can compare that sound! As far as compatibility it seemed to be no advantage either way in my opinoin! Heng long turrets don't go down as far at least on the Panther, but that can be adjusted and it just ment sometimes in the mountains i had to lean over a burm to get a good shot! Oh, the battle field had a village area a cool rocky ravine, and the forest mountain was great! Very challenging and for anyone worried about fast tanks, try traversing those mountain switchbacks at SCAT's alternate battle field, they would slow down a race car!

Here's a few pics, other people took muck more and better quality, but I have one where you can get a feel of how dense the forest is and that just a side shot of one road in the switich backs!

Thanks again SCAT!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41648.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	817416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61885.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	817417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35022.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	817418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28696.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	817419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep85757.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	817420  
Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you had fun!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:17 AM
blitzkrieg65

A blast, I am trying think of a reason to go to the DAK battle on the 29th! I wonder if they have a day spa out there or something for my wife?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:34 AM
YHR

Yes Arizona at Chritmas seems pretty appealing for this snow bound canuck.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:24 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm sure DAK can find something for you to do. Hint hint, bring your clubs.

Name:	Jh15900.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	817463  
Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Fyi, The new KT ran good at battleday. No problems with any of my tanks (except I kept getting blown up...that's really not the tank's fault is it?). Special thanks to our host, Steve and his family, and to all the other SCAT members who made it a day to remember.

To Blitz, the trip to Phoenix is worth it. You'll find their battlefield is very different than SCAT's, so its good chance to learn some new tanktics on a challenging battlefield.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
blitzkrieg65

Hey Jeff,

I really want to go, the wheels are turning! And nice pic of the golf by edoublez but that's wouldn't be for her either! [sm=shades_smile.gif]

The Blitz
Old 12-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Blitz,

Where there's a will, there's a way...the DAK crew might show you a few new tricks. Sometimes Alan goes solo, iron man style. (that would be, trip to phx, battle, then back home to L.A. in one day). Ethan and Craig also do it for battles at SCAT.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
SCAT PATTON

Hey Ethan,

A little to much dip in the shoulder and keep that back straight [X(]

Cheers, Steve
Old 12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
blitzkrieg65

One of the cool ideas that I learned at S.C.A.T and I can't believe I didn't think of it, sometimes you get so narrow minded anyway!

One of the guys in S.C.A.T, I think Alan came up with a very strong, excellent connection and easy to mount connector to charge your battery for a 1 or 2 inside the tank battery charge! He and a bunch of their crew now are using a 5.5 mm x 2.5 mm DC jack Radio Shack (type N) and of course you need to swtich away from the electronics of the tank while you charge it so Alan also used 1-mini Switch DPST 6 Amp contacts-Radio Shack 275-6631. I got all of this off the S.C.A.T. site where he has a circuit diagram, but I am convinced from seeing it in action, with the ease of use while I was scrambling to swap the batteries in and out of my tanks!

The Blitz
Old 12-05-2007, 02:42 AM
bullyhys

Blitz,

Was good to meet and have you aboard. My day was filled with problems. The 1st of which was Ferdinand shearing a drive sprocket during a checkout drive on the new battle field.
So Ferdinand was down for the entire day. My 2nd disaster was due to a Transmitter channel failure which lost me the use of one of the two Jagdpanthers I brought along.
I was able to reset the 2nd Jagdpanther to use my Ferdinand Transmitter, so the day was not a total loss.
The usible Jagdpanther's gearboxes were unable to cope with the new terrain, so additional work is needed to correct this.
The up side of the day is that the Pakwagon was able to compeat, in fact the Pakwagon was able to score a bonifide kill during the free-for-all(3shots: 2hits, 1miss an 1 dead sherman)
Note this is the 1st time that I actually got the use the Pakwagon in combat! Fredinand was repaired aprox 15min after I got home

Regards,

bullyhys
Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 AM
blitzkrieg65

Hey Bullyhys,

Great to meet you as well, and a honor to share the table with you! You have some excellant unique tanks and systems, It is good to see the variety on the Battle field. Now you just have to toughen them up a bit for the new mountain terrain! Well besides you just had one of this days where stuff breaks, we all have them, and it's a bummer! I still can't wait to see Ferdinand in battle hopefully cover for one of my tanks! The Pakwagon is very cool, I am going to have to make one next year sometime, I will probably try to incorparate the Panzer III tracks! It will be neat to have different challenges on the battle field when many more people show up!
Well what a Blast, here is a picture for all of you guys who think that California is a sissy place to have tank battles, well after you cross the past the palm tree in the picture, you go toward the snow cap mountain to battle to the end!

The Blitz

Name:	Db83966.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	819011  
Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 AM
ksoc

Here are a few more shots of the new battlefield.

For more picts check out -

www.socalareatankers.com

for more picts

Name:	Ge94153.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	819601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76712.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	819602  
Old 12-06-2007, 11:02 AM
blitzkrieg65

Wow guys, I am humbled, you got some great shots of my tanks, did you get any shots of the KT's on the battle field Jeff's or Max, and Darrin, T34 conversion? It was a great Day, I am hooked building Super Tiger for Phoenix will post build photos!

the Blitz
Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
FFR2608

Here's one:

Name:	Qo39357.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	819742  
Old 12-06-2007, 01:58 PM
SCAT PATTON

Hi everyone,

I appologize for posting late, but I was hoping to find time to post an after actions report to the SCAT web site and referring this post to that. I havent had time to do it yet, so for now I wont to say thanks to everone who made it and for the great time! It was nice to meet Patrick AKA Blitzkrieg65, great guy who fit right in and added to the fun.

Cheers, Steve
Old 12-06-2007, 07:59 PM
blitzkrieg65

Cool cpature tank D, and it was my pleasure Scat Patton my real name is Phil not Pat but I understandstand the confusion after I shot you with friendly fire!!! Well hope to see you in Phoenix, if not I'll be watching closely for the next S.C.A.T Battle!

The Blitz!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:11 PM
SCAT PATTON

Sorry Phil, my bad! [:@]

No worries - The way the beam fans it happens a lot.