Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ITS IN STOCK!!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 PM
TXtanker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ITS IN STOCK!!!!

But still if I could build my own car for 20 grand I could have a everyday drive that was the coolest car in the hood....but its easier to buy one already to go, thus the tamiya tanks mentality. I still love making my own full function tanks from other manufacturers as opposed to buying them from tamiya, its all about choices
Old 12-20-2007, 09:53 PM
wackywheelz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Panther F
Once you build, own and operate a Tamiya tank then one will appreciate the cost of it.
Once you own a few Heng Longs, you can't believe you get so much for so little money, and that others will pay so much more for something that looks the same on the battlefield from 30ft [8D]

So you're saying that the Jagdpanther too has to pay for all these "engineering" costs on top of what has alreay been scooped up from the Panther? Put simply: It's a Panther with a different lid, simpler, less components -- why does it cost what it does?
Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Wikipedia:

The laws of supply and demand state that the equilibrium market price and quantity of a commodity is at the intersection of consumer demand and producer supply. Here, quantity supplied equals quantity demanded (as in the enlargeable Figure), that is, equilibrium. Equilibrium implies that price and quantity will remain there if it begins there. If the price for a good is below equilibrium, consumers demand more of the good than producers are prepared to supply. This defines a shortage of the good. A shortage results in the price being bid up. Producers will increase the price until it reaches equilibrium. If the price for a good is above equilibrium, there is a surplus of the good. Producers are motivated to eliminate the surplus by lowering the price. The price falls until it reaches equilibrium.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:36 AM
TXtanker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a monoploly describes Tamiya better than anything take a look in the wikpedia description.......
Old 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: wackywheelz

Once you build, own and operate a Tamiya tank then one will appreciate the cost of it.
Once you own a few Heng Longs, you can't believe you get so much for so little money, and that others will pay so much more for something that looks the same on the battlefield from 30ft [8D]

So you're saying that the Jagdpanther too has to pay for all these "engineering" costs on top of what has alreay been scooped up from the Panther? Put simply: It's a Panther with a different lid, simpler, less components -- why does it cost what it does?
Hi Wacky,

Stupid silly greedy marketing dudes, maybe?

But, your "makes sense to me opinion" over looks the perception of value, the feel, performance and fun factor that is dialed into a RC tank model that is designed and manufactured with some integrity.

Merry Christmas, John
Old 12-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: wackywheelz

They may 'look' the same from 30ft away, but up close you will know they are miles apart and so is the performance.

Let's not beat this dead horse over and over dude. Have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:37 AM
PoisonPorkChop

Ok..Tamiya JagdPanther is on its way ..Shipped out (EMS)...not sure if it will get here by Christmas...it left Japan on the 20th...so it should really be here by the 24th,...all the other kits took 4 days...but at this time of year i cant say..anyway..its on its way..Ill post pics of box as soon as I get it....................

Here comes JagdPanther,Here comes JagdPanther,Right Down JagdPanther Lane....Everyone now........ready....Sing.....Here comes JagdPanther,Here comes JagdPanther,Right Down JagdPanther Lane..........
Old 12-22-2007, 01:42 AM
kurtmeyer
Banned

ORIGINAL: PoisonPorkChop

Ok..Tamiya JagdPanther is on its way ..Shipped out (EMS)...not sure if it will get here by Christmas...it left Japan on the 20th...so it should really be here by the 24th,...all the other kits took 4 days...but at this time of year i cant say..anyway..its on its way..Ill post pics of box as soon as I get it....................

Here comes JagdPanther,Here comes JagdPanther,Right Down JagdPanther Lane....Everyone now........ready....Sing.....Here comes JagdPanther,Here comes JagdPanther,Right Down JagdPanther Lane..........
damn i cant wait!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:54 AM
The_Stuff

wow that is awesome that they are releasing something like that. makes me wish the panzer 3 stug kit was more available.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Pzjgr

Can't wait to see your JagdPanther PoisonPorkChop!

Merry Christmas!
Pzjgr
Old 12-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah, we want a full report!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:31 PM
kurtmeyer
Banned

i have been ready!!!

MERRY XMAS GUYS
Old 12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
pcomm1

Yikes, paid to much, I know, could have waited a few months and saved a couple of hundred, but what the heck, wife said OK and I am selling Toyotas, at an ad agency, so what the heck...

Impact tracks, drive sprockets, sprocket guides, Daryl Turner gear box mount brace, metal elevation arm and Graupner 400 motors waiting for the kit.

JHL notice from the 20th:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19511.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	832264  
Old 12-23-2007, 04:08 PM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: TXtanker

I think a monoploly describes Tamiya better than anything take a look in the wikpedia description.......
Don't think so. You ought to read it again. The rc tank market is so small we are all lucky that Tamiya is still interested in making these kits. But happily others are trying to catch up.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:33 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Comparison is also a thing of afordability. Many, like me, can't afford to stick that much money into a Tamiya, figuring also the purpose and use of the tanks. If all my tanks were Tams...I wouldn't have nearly the variety of other models, plus I'd never get my house paid off so I could retire.[&o] (3 months away) Steak vs hamburger....When one eats only Rouladen or Jägerschnitzle every day, a Brot mit Leberkäse, Wurstbrot or Schashlik tastes great, and a lot cheaper.

Getting hungy,,,,time for an Asahi beer (or 2) and some sushi. [:-]

Old 12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
kurtmeyer
Banned

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

Yikes, paid to much, I know, could have waited a few months and saved a couple of hundred, but what the heck, wife said OK and I am selling Toyotas, at an ad agency, so what the heck...

Impact tracks, drive sprockets, sprocket guides, Daryl Turner gear box mount brace, metal elevation arm and Graupner 400 motors waiting for the kit.

JHL notice from the 20th:
cant wait for you....post pics of the box and the goodies inside...
Old 12-24-2007, 03:34 AM
gyrate

ORIGINAL: 7wt

I don't get hung up on cost, but why is it so expensive? I mean there is no turret so this thing is just a recoil mech and a Panther hull right? Has the a Panther runnning gear been sorted out yet? Am I missing something? Still, I want one so bad but I think I will get a Sherman or a Tiger first.
Not to sound like I'm defending Tamiya, but to answer this question.

Once you build, own and operate a Tamiya tank then one will appreciate the cost of it. I'm sure after it's been out a while the price might drop or another vendor will lower the price. I'm not surprised it isn't any cheaper. With new electronics and a new elevation unit that can be rotated left and right as well as elevated and depressed.

let me correct this. it should read as follows:

Once you build, own and operate a Tamiya tank produced pre 1990, then one will appreciate the cost of it.

The new releases are going down faster with every one. It's almost like they are making plastic model kits, blowing them to 1:16 and dropping in some motors and a DMD for 900$ delivered

Old 12-24-2007, 03:38 AM
kurtmeyer
Banned

ORIGINAL: gyrate

ORIGINAL: 7wt

I don't get hung up on cost, but why is it so expensive? I mean there is no turret so this thing is just a recoil mech and a Panther hull right? Has the a Panther runnning gear been sorted out yet? Am I missing something? Still, I want one so bad but I think I will get a Sherman or a Tiger first.
Not to sound like I'm defending Tamiya, but to answer this question.

Once you build, own and operate a Tamiya tank then one will appreciate the cost of it. I'm sure after it's been out a while the price might drop or another vendor will lower the price. I'm not surprised it isn't any cheaper. With new electronics and a new elevation unit that can be rotated left and right as well as elevated and depressed.

let me correct this. it should read as follows:

Once you build, own and operate a Tamiya tank produced pre 1990, then one will appreciate the cost of it.

The new releases are going down faster with every one. It's almost like they are making plastic model kits, blowing them to 1:16 and dropping in some motors and a DMD for 900$ delivered

true but you do you wonder what the next release is gonna be?
Old 12-24-2007, 04:51 AM
gyrate

It can't possibly be the abrams because they cannot pull it off unless they change their phisolophy and budget (aka stop wasting it on 10 piece grenade launchers with real dangling chains nobody even notices except when you have to build them).

I hope it is though.. They have covered the WW2 pretty much all over now. Not sure what else could possibly be there demand for from that time period.

Unless it's russian. I think that would absolutely be cherished. T55 or maybe a 34.

Even though personally i am only really interested in the cold war era..
Old 12-24-2007, 07:45 AM
PoisonPorkChop

Ok its almost here....its now at JFK airport in New York..about 14 miles from my house!!!!!!!

Date Status Details Office Prefecture
ZIP code
Dec 22
14:36 Posting/Collection TATEBAYASHI Branch Gunma prefecture
374-8799
Dec 23
6:24 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch Tokyo metropolis
138-8799
Dec 23
19:26 Arrival at inward office of exchange AMC JFK NY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

YAAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:28 AM
pcomm1

Ok its almost here....its now at JFK airport in New York..about 14 miles from my house!!!!!!!

ZIP code
Dec 22
374-8799
Dec 23
6:24 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch Tokyo metropolis
138-8799
Dec 23

--
YES, it is San Francisco, 480 miles out!
--
Dec 22
14:36 Posting/Collection
TATEBAYASHI Branch
Gunma prefecture
--
Dec 23
10:59 Dispatch from outward office of exchange
TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch
Tokyo metropolis
--
Dec 23
14:27
Arrival at inward office of exchange
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
14:28
In Customs
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
14:39
Departure from inward office of exchange
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--

Old 12-24-2007, 11:46 AM
kurtmeyer
Banned

ZIP code
Dec 22
374-8799
Dec 23
138-8799
Dec 23

--
--
Dec 22
TATEBAYASHI Branch
Gunma prefecture
--
Dec 23
Tokyo metropolis
--
Dec 23
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
In Customs
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--

o damn....i am getting so excited i am dizzy....
Old 12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: kurtmeyer

ZIP code
Dec 22
374-8799
Dec 23
138-8799
Dec 23

--
--
Dec 22
TATEBAYASHI Branch
Gunma prefecture
--
Dec 23
Tokyo metropolis
--
Dec 23
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
In Customs
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--

Just checked with the USPS, it should deliver the 27th or 28th. Photos will follow.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
kurtmeyer
Banned

ORIGINAL: kurtmeyer

ZIP code
Dec 22
374-8799
Dec 23
138-8799
Dec 23

--
--
Dec 22
TATEBAYASHI Branch
Gunma prefecture
--
Dec 23
Tokyo metropolis
--
Dec 23
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
In Customs
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--
Dec 23
AMC SAN FRANCISCO
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
--

DAMN....a few more days......noooooooooo!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:53 PM
pcomm1

Very quick shipping! Arrived 2:30 PM, Dec 24th in Southern California.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79426.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	833348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10717.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	833349  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.