Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

TEXAS ARMOR EPIC BATTLE SEPT 19th-21st 2008!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

TEXAS ARMOR EPIC BATTLE SEPT 19th-21st 2008!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEXAS ARMOR EPIC BATTLE SEPT 19th-21st 2008!

COME ONE , COME ALL to MONAVILLE TEXAS for TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION in association with BOMBERFIELD USAs 2nd ANNUAL "EPIC R/C TANK BATTLE" from SEPT 19th-21st 2008! Experience 3 days of BRUTAL TANK BATTLES, TEAM BATTLES, INDIVIDUAL EVENTS, COMRADARIE and GREAT TEXAS FOOD, FUN, at our 4000 sqft MULTI-TERRAIN OUTDOOR BATTLEFIELD! PLUS as a bonus experience the LARGEST R/C WARBIRD/B-17 GATHERING IN THE GREATER TEXAS AREA!! THIS is the 20th ANNUAL
R/C B-17/Big Bird SCALE GATHERING!!!

THE FACILITY is called BOMBER FIELD and it features:

TANK BATTLEFIELD:

4000 sqft OUTDOOR Multiterrain Battlefield for R/C TANKS! 3 Bridges, Forest, Towns, Warehouses, river bed, Hangar, TUNNEL, Industrial area, and soon Operational G-SCALE TRAIN. Challenges the best of the best R/C TANK Drivers ability to drive, shoot and scoot!!!!
Photos of current state of Battlefield, More additions coming soon!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6909641

Runway: A 50' x 600' all weather paved surface with concrete taxi ways. Approach is unobstructed from either end. Adjacent to the main runway is an 800' grass runway. Steel fences are provided for pilot and spectator protection. Each flight station has side barrier fencing.

Waterway:
For seaplanes the facility offers a 100' x 600' x 3' pond located away from the main landing field.

Pit Area: A covered 30' x 150' pavilion with seven 4' x 30' tables provides convenience for assembly and maintenance of models. Also, 110 volt power outlets are installed and the entire pavilion area is well lighted for night activities.

Snack bar:
An enclosed, air conditioned, and fully equipped 25' x 20' kitchen allows members to provide tasty delights during events. It also enables members to get out of the heat or cold during inclement weather.

Observation Deck: A 6' x 150' covered area, elevated over the pavilion, provides our visitors with and excellent view of all activities.

Transmitter Impound: An 18' x 10' air conditioned room provides secure, climate controlled radio storage. A public address system is utilized during events to announce participants and special events.

Overnight Storage: A 50' x 100' hangar is available for dry storage and charging of models during events and for member storage during weekends.

Food and sodas. Souvenirs on site. Caps and T-shirts. $20.00 ENTRY FEE FOR R/C PILOTS and R/C TANK DRIVERS covers you for the entire event. Campers welcome, no hook ups. We do have fresh water. Hangar on site to store planes for overnighters. Early arrivals welcome to get some early TANKING and FLYING in. ALL PLANES will fly the pattern unless authorized before hand to help prevent any mid-airs. Thanks for the cooperation. Vendor area available between crype myrtles for $25 (1 day or for all 3) Area size is approximately 15'X16'. Please call 713-857-4108 for reservations. SHOWTIMES: Fri. 9am-5pm, Sat. 9am-5pm, and Sun. 9am-2pm. SPECTATOR ADMISSION: 5.00 adults and 12 and under free. R/C AIRPLANE CD-Nick Stratos 10003 Rocky Hollow LaPorte, Tx. 77571 281-471-6762, E-mail [email protected] Sponsor: BOMBER FIELD
R/C TANK Organizer: Tomas Sandoval IV POBOX 3512 Bryan, TX 77805 email: [email protected]

THIS EVENT is in compliance with AMA FREQUENCY RULES... THIS MEANS ONLY TANK RADIOS ALLOWED at this event are those on SURFACE FREQUENCIES or 2.4Ghz Spread Spectrum Radios. WE are sharing the facility with R/C Aircraft that will be flying and operating at the same time as us so they are all on AIR FREQUENCIES/CHANNELS as well as 2.4 GhZ!
FOR FACILITY DIRECTIONS/LOCATION go to:
http://www.bomberfieldusa.com/dir.htm

We CORDIALLY invite ALL R/C TANKERS to come and have a truly memorable and UNIQUE R/C WARBIRD, and R/C TANK EXPERIENCE not found anywhere else in the WORLD!!! WE WELCOME ANY AND ALL R/C TANKS that use any Tamiya Compatible Infrared Battle System! HL, WSN, Trumpeteer, Tamiya, Bandai, Matorro, ALL MAKES and MODELS are VERY WELCOME!!!
ALL SCALES TOO!!!!!!!!!!! We are flexible on scales, speeds, etc...

OUR BATTLE RULES ARE SIMPLE..
1) RUN WHAT YOU BRING
2) Stock or modified speeds/scale gearboxes are fine we do NOT measure for scale speeds and Do Not require you to slow your stock tanks down...
3) As long as your tank can register and give hits from Tamiya IR Systems then you qualify to battle in the Main EVENTS.
4) Be fair, No cheating with blocking your TBU , No crying that someone elses tank is faster or not slow enough (once he or she is hit they will slow down anyway)
5) WE Battle HERE IN TEXAS FOR FUN, Strategy, and to enjoy our Hobby/Sport!

SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS, SAVE THE DATE and REGISTER NOW for the ONLY DUAL SCALE R/C WARBIRD and R/C TANK EVENT in the World!! ALL your favorites in one 3 day weekend and all on the same site!!! SEPTEMBER 19-21, 2008 !!!

E-mail me NOW to register:

[email protected]

-TOMAS
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.texasarmor.com
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Leo2A6 Owner

Default RE: TEXAS ARMOR EPIC BATTLE SEPT 19th-21st 2008!

You know i might plan for this. Though texas is a 3 day drive for me. Im not about to take my tanks on a plane.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 AM
nemesis4u

Leo2A6_Owner,

When I went to Danville a year and 1/2 ago I flew and sent my TANKS via GREYHOUND .. No problems this way... You must send your tanks ahead of you by 1 week so they will get there/here on time.. and you can ship direct to our station here in BRYAN/COLLEGE STATION , TX and I would be willing to pick them up for you and anyone who wants to do the same... then you can just pick them up at the event...
Or ship them to your Hotel/Motel via Fedex, UPS!

I understand about flying.. you never know if you will or won't have any issues with the different legs on your flight...

-TOMAS
Old 01-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Leo2A6 Owner

Oh id drive either way. I would want to check out the area. Plus a chevy blazer also comes in handy as a mini RV for one person and has room for a 1/6 scale tank too.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
kurtmeyer
Banned

sweet....living in houston,i may just come over there...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:06 AM
blitzkrieg65

This looks like it is going to be a blast, maybe not this year but I do believe in miracles! But hopefully next year!

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
nemesis4u

BLITZ,

You know you MUST come visit the Kids..... C'MON BUDDY..... Don't wanna miss out.....

Lots to see and do on your way down here..... You could even pick up some guys and gals in AZ for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!

-TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
OliverLove

It seems as though I have convinced the little lady that we are going to make the trip down to Texas for this, it helps her family lives there... I will be shipping 2 tanks down as flying with them seems a terrible idea...

WOOHOO!!! Now my only request.... Can you turn the heat down?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 PM
DAP

After a quick check it looks like 24 hrs driving. Hmmm.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
blitzkrieg65

[quote]ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

BLITZ,

You know you MUST come visit the Kids..... C'MON BUDDY..... Don't wanna miss out.....

Lots to see and do on your way down here..... You could even pick up some guys and gals in AZ for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!

-TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
[/quote

Tomas, you are right about that, but one has moved on, getting Married, and one is moving in with me...[] But, I have one more out there, but when she turns 16 next year they usually want to come hang at the beach! But you never know, maybe she fly's out for the summer and we road trip it back to see the contry side! When I was younger I did the drive 24 hours straight, I made it to a hotel outside of Fortworth from San Diego, and it took me two days to recover[sm=what_smile.gif], it wasn't[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] worth pushing it!

The Blitz
Old 01-23-2008, 12:30 AM
nemesis4u

BLITZMAN,,,

C'MON you and DAP and the rest of YOU CALI-4-nians can trek on down....
IT IS GOING TO BE QUITE AN EVENT!!! OR it would BE QUITE an event with everyone showing up from EAST COAST and WEST COAST!! RIGHT SMACK DAB in the MIDDLE... RIGHT IN TEXAS!!

-TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
R/C TANK CLUB
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 AM
nemesis4u

OLIVERLOVE,

GREAT NEWS INDEED!!! CONGRATS!!! WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!!! AS IT GETS CLOSER I will post links to the most local , best places to stay..
RV's are WELCOME, there just are not any hookups.... CAMPING IS ALSO WELCOME...
PORT A POTTY's are ever present, WE have running water, electricity for charging Batteries, transmitters etc... Just no RV HOOK-EM-UPS!

I just heard from WILLY .... Looks like he is coming too!!!!

THERE WILL BE PRIZES as well as TROPHY-Plaques for BEST TANK, ARMOR, MARKINGS ETC....

C'MON all you TANKERS.... GET YOUR MARKERS out and SAVE THE DATE...

-CHEERS,

TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
R/C TANK CLUB
Old 01-31-2008, 12:01 AM
nemesis4u

We have some more TANKERS who emailed me and let me know that they are coming....

THAT IS GREAT... Please let me know if you are coming and if possible what Channel # and which tanks/armor you will be bringing/operating....

CHEERS!

-TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
[email protected]
Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I'm really getting pumped up about the upcoming September battle, Tomas! [sm=thumbs_up.gif] The battlefield looks great. [X(] I have heard from several members of the forum that they will be joining us, so I know that this will be a great turnout. I guess Houston, Texas, is really becoming a popular place for us tankers...we may give Danville a run for their money. Danville lite; all the fun with none of the conjecture.

I am also really looking forward to seeing some of the amazing work that everyone has been doing on their tanks. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but being there in person is worth ten times that. Right now, I'm gathering unto me all that is WWII and 1:16 scale and I also plan to add some additional buildings and scenery to the European Front out at Bomber Field. I just got this 1:16 scale jeep made by the Danbury mint, which will be joining my fleet from now on. It cost a pretty penny for a static model, but the details are fantastic.

See you soon.

Jason

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12771.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	889814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18819.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	889815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86978.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	889816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38822.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	889817  
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10 AM
nemesis4u

Jason,

Glad you are moving back to TEXAS from ALABAMA!!!!!! BTW... THAT is one AWESOME JEEP!!!!!!!!!! THAT willys Jeep looks authentic!!!!!
Need to get one of those for myself! hahaaa

WE are all good friends in R/C TANKING....

EVERYONE is welcome to come and have a GREAT TIME in TEXAS at BOMBERFIELD/ TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATIONS BATTLE WEEKEND!

It will definitely be worth attending..

Working on Prizes and awards / categories now....

Willy of "customrcmodels.com" just called me from the HOUSTON TEXAS AIRPORT... He had an job trip to TEXAS and didn't know until the night before he was coming...he was excited and wanted to visit the field.. but he had to drive the opposite direction.... Sorry we missed you WILLY.... NEXT TIME my friend!!!

More news and comments coming soon!

IF anyone needs any directions, info or has questions just post the question here! or email me at :

[email protected]

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 AM
kurtmeyer
Banned

i will be there with my fleet of tanks.....my panther should be ready.....
Old 03-13-2008, 10:18 PM
nemesis4u

JUST FYI LADIES AND GENTS:

Only 45 minutes away is a small armor collection where you can visit and take photos of many cool AFV's !

The HOME OF THE AMERICAN GI MUSEUM is home to :

WWI French FT-17 which will be restored to original with a 8mm Hotchkiss Machine Gun.

WWI 75MM artillery

DODGE WEAPONS CARRIER
WWII HIGHSPEED TRACTOR (based on the STUART TANK)
105MM HOWITZER

M5A1 STUART
M18 Hellcat
M4 SHERMAN TANK (2)
M-8 ARMORED CAR
M24 CHAFFEE TANK
WWII LVT
XM-47 PATTON TANK

WWII 40MM ANTI-CRAFT
WWII 57MM ANTI-TANK
WWII LCVP/HIGGINS BOAT
1968 PBR (Patrol Boat River)
TH-1F HUEY

The website is: http://www.museumoftheamericangi.org

ANOTHER great reason to come on down in SEPTEMBER!

EMAIL me now if you are planning on coming down ! WE are looking forward to a good turnout and are excited to be hosting this event!

=TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION OFFICER
[email protected]
Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
nemesis4u

WELL ,,, We really want to do our best to have one HE_L of a Battlefield for all you TANKERS who are attending.,..

SO... Our Battlefield is being updated now and will be ready for the SEPT BATTLEDAY...

HERE ARE THE FINAL DIMENSIONS! 130 ft x 50 ft = 6500 Square feet of BATTLE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!

It will feature our TEXAS ARMOR RAILWAY , as well as really cool forests, hills, bridges, industrial area, town, forward air strip, paved roads, hard packed roads, cobblestone roads, lots of awesome obstacles, and great looking town/city...Oh yes and that cool running river right through it!

SEE YOU ALL IN SEPT!!

REMEMBER IF you are planning on attending please email me direct at: [email protected]

CHEERS!

Nemesis4u
www.texasarmor.com
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.vqwarbirds.com

Name:	Yw67086.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	953765  
Old 05-21-2008, 11:41 AM
RCCOMMAND

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

This looks like it is going to be a blast, maybe not this year but I do believe in miracles! But hopefully next year!

Blitz - you WILL be going!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: RCSCALEMODEL

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

Blitz - you WILL be going!
I just cannot answer that right now, I want too,, and my daugher said "she doesn't want to go back becuase its her senior year and she said she doesnt want to miss school!" Man her mom raised this kid pretty good, so that will save me a few bucks!

I will know more by the end of July but I do have other reasons to get out there so I feel like its a 60 percent chance as of right now!

The Blitz
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 PM
nemesis4u

LADIES and GENTS,,,

GREAT NEWS! CHECK OUT THE LATEST and GREATEST!!!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7731505

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
[email protected]
www.texasarmor.com
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
nemesis4u

GET YOUR ARMOR READY TO BATTLE

SEPTEMBER 19th-21st is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!

WE ARE EXCITED TO HAVE YOU ALL AS GUESTS to our 2nd ANNUAL TEXAS ARMOR EPIC BATTLE WEEKEND!

TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION is GIVING OUT SOME COOL PRIZES for R/C TANK COMMANDERS that go exclusively to those who are from out of state! One such a prize is a NEW 2.4 GhZ TRANSMITTER/RECEIVER RADIO!

AS a reminder ,,, we are a "FRIENDLY BATTLE" RULE CLUB...

HERE ARE THE RULES:

WE ALLOW ALL 1:15-1:18 R/C ARMOR as long as they are on SURFACE FREQUENCIES or 2.4 GhZ
We allow all tanks to be run out of the box , stock,,, No need to slow tanks down.
All tanks must be Tamiya Battle Unit Compatible. So the Tamiya Battle Units, DBU's, and EL MOD's are all welcome!!!
BASICALLY :
JUST BRING WHAT YOU HAVE TO BATTLE , YOU WILL HAVE FUN, WE all RUN WSN, MATORRO, HENGLONG, TAMIYA, and all other makes of 1/15, 1/16, 1/18 scale tanks and armor...

YOU ALL WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

THIS IS AN EVENT TO ATTEND! GET SOME CLUB MEMBERS TOGETHER,, RENT A VAN and COME ON DOWN!!

THE ONLY PLACE TO SEE FULL SCALE WARBIRDS, R/C WARBIRDS from WWI , WWII, through MODERN TURBINE JETS FLYING in the same place with R/C TANKS BATTLING !!! WE WILL HAVE NEWS COVERAGE, MAGAZINE COVERAGE, over 2500 Spectators, and over 150 R/C PILOTS to be registered... THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!

TO REGISTER.....PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECT at:

[email protected]

CHEERS!

-TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
www.texasarmor.com
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 08-02-2008, 12:01 AM
nemesis4u

PLACES TO STAY FOR THE BOMBERFIELD/TEXAS ARMOR BATTLE WEEKEND :

MAP TO BOMBERFIELD/TEXAS ARMOR BATTLEFIELD:
http://bomberfieldusa.com/dir.htm it is located in a tiny town of MONAVILLE, TEXAS which is between Hempstead and Brookshire, TEXAS

Hotels and Motels:

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Hempstead/Prairie View
Hempstead, TX

http://www.bestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1378

2145 F.M. 1488 @ Hwy 290
Hempstead, TX 77445
United States
Phone: 979-826-4200
Fax : 979-826-4210

Super 8 Motel - Hempstead, TX
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...opertyId=13834
51325 Hwy 290 West
Near Hwy 6-Bryan
Hempstead, TX, 77445 US

Phone: 979-826-4700
Fax: 979-826-4367
E-Mail: [email protected]

Executive Inn- Brookshire, TX

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com....58065294786510

217 Waller Ave
Brookshire, TX 77423
(281) 934-3122‎

A LITTLE FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD in KATY, TX

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...els+Katy+TEXAS

ALL THESE are minutes from the HUGE SHOPPING MALLS, MOVIE THEATRES ETC..

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ALL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!!

CHEERS!

-TOMAS
TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION
[email protected]
Old 08-02-2008, 12:10 AM
nemesis4u

OUR NEW TEXAS ARMOR INSIGNIA !

Name:	Vt56617.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1002311  
Old 08-02-2008, 07:26 AM
ManMachine

Why do I live on the wrong side of Terra? []

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.