Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RCABS Battle Videos

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Planedev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCABS Battle Videos

I would liekto presentto you our battle footage of teh battle that occured on the 20th of Jan 2008. Video editing is by the wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqWZZbwN0UU

Will update this thread in future for all our upcoming video footage.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCABS Battle Videos

Nice battle footage, thanks for posting it. The muzzle flash on the Sturm Tiger looked cool, how well did it perform being a turretless tank?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:05 PM
el65co

I beleive that what you saw was the IR emmiter firing. On video you actually see the flash as you fire.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Planedev

Not sure if that was the strobe flash or the IR flash, but I know that there is a reflector tube in that strum for teh strobe and it makes it very visible. The stum performed very well, as it has a disadvantage if you place the IR as per tamiya's orientation, my club member decided to place it in a 45 deg orientation, so that shots from teh front above 5 meters will not have an affect on it.

Some ppl might say its an unfair advantage, but my club takes it as a new challenge, that is to get in close and kill it at point blank range, or to out flank it and shoot it from behind. Also you still can hit it at its 45 deg axis, thus, allyou need to do is get someone to sneak up on it at 45 degs and you get your hits.

The Stum also has scale speed thus we still can get to its weak spot. Hopefully this weekend we will have more battle footage to show you guys.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

We just put a piece of tape on the front of the TBU so that only frontal shots will be deflected if it is to be an IFA.

BTW, great video! Seeing a battle video like this really ramps me up for the next meet! Great stuff!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Planedev

Actually I like your idea, maybe I can tryto convince my club member to make such a change.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 PM
erikreid

nice vid. i love the fact that you are using a sturmtiger. you wound not normally see that in a tank engagement. that is something i would do just to be different. knowing me i would put together somthing like an elephant or a lee tank. lol.. see these vids makes me want to hurry and finish my tanks, I know, wait and take my time with it cause i want to have a good looking tank.