Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a Tam sherman in Canada?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Where to buy a Tam sherman in Canada?

Old 02-16-2008, 06:04 PM
tim001ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a Tam sherman in Canada?

Ok so I just e-mailed some place for a quote on the Tamiya M-4 Sherman... This is so bad I could buy 2 for this price...

Advance Hobbies quoted me $1150.00 yes $1150..[X(]

Now I'd like to know of a Canadian retailer that has better prices then this crap! People who rip other people off need to be shot... Man this kind of stuff pisses me off.[:@][sm=punching.gif]
Old 02-17-2008, 05:01 AM
1002frans

Default RE: Where to buy a Tam sherman in Canada?

TIM,Iagree with you same problem here in s africa,mutch cheaper from hong kong,Iused to import a lot of models from the uk but exh rate going the wrong way,Bunch of baboons running this country now
Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 AM
smart racer

Great Hobbies lists for $599.99, or search on Ebay for HK vendors and price compare...it pays to shop around
Old 02-17-2008, 11:25 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW I got lucky and bought mine from the crook in Vancover for $325. I was very nervous when I found out how he got his transaction record, and emailed him a lot. He finally shipped it 7days after the action ended, but I did get it. I checked out his profile recently and he ended up cheating a bunch of people out of money.

Point is, buy one from a reputable place. It is far better to spend a couple of hundred more and actually get the tank, then to think you are getting a good deal, and end up with nothing. I will be honest with you, I have seen way more crooks and poor dealers in tanks then I ever did in model railroading. THis forum can provide a great service, by letting people know who to stay away from. Even the great Mato debate was a valuable contribution.

I have heard good things about the Hong Kong Cowboy. He sells them at a decent price and even with shipping you will be half of what the local guy wants.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:44 PM
hdbeast

Go with HongKong Cowboy (*bay) or with www.Stellamodels.net used both and they ship fast, both come from Hong Kong.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:52 PM
tim001ca

ORIGINAL: hdbeast

Go with HongKong Cowboy (*bay) or with www.Stellamodels.net used both and they ship fast, both come from Hong Kong.
What would Stellamodels charge for shipping to Canada? is he resonable with shipping rates? what was your shipping like to the US?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
hdbeast

ORIGINAL: tim001ca

ORIGINAL: hdbeast

What would Stellamodels charge for shipping to Canada? is he resonable with shipping rates? what was your shipping like to the US?
The shipping is more then anyone wants to pay, I think it was between 100.00 & 125.00, but that is the best prices I could find at the time and to come from a shipper that you can trust. Stellamodels also sell the bearing at a good price.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:49 PM
tim001ca

Tim C. wrote:

>WHAT?? $1150? without shipping?? LOL no thanks... geez
>I can get 2 of them for that price at other sites...
>have fun.
>
His reply:

The price was wrong and should be CDN$9,867. Full load full function.
3-in-1 Ready-to-run|fly including shipping fee.

WOW this guy will get no sales if he treats all his people like this.. The Top part is what I wrote and the bottom is his reply. I know that he is joking around about the 9,867.... BUT even still. LOL