Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Turret won't stop rotating on a HL tiger

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Turret won't stop rotating on a HL tiger

Old 02-23-2008, 04:30 PM
brel
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turret won't stop rotating on a HL tiger

Hi the turret on my tiger won't stop rotating to the left.
I was out side in the back yard this afternoon and it just started rotating to the left it even rotates with the lights flashing before I press the start button on the controller it also rotates with the controller switched off. does anyone know of a fix or do I have to buy a PCB for the tank
Old 02-23-2008, 04:42 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turret won't stop rotating on a HL tiger

See signature...
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM
brel
Banned

Thanks for the help Swathdiver

I went here http://www.rctank.de/index.php and ordered a new board, so in the mean time I have un-soldered the turret motor connection to stop it turning
Old 02-23-2008, 06:29 PM
fv432
Banned

i'm guessing you tried the boarsd I.e connections and the like,maybe some moisture or a piece of wire could have got onto the board and made a connection

hope you get it sorted

Rob
Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
swathdiver

When you get a chance, check the 8-pin connector near the turret motor, make sure there are no wires touching or loose and crossing signals.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Panzerfaust77

Nice site! They got some nice stuff, and the prices are a lot more reasonable than RipoffZone.uk.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:05 PM
brel
Banned

ORIGINAL: fv432

i'm guessing you tried the boarsd I.e connections and the like,maybe some moisture or a piece of wire could have got onto the board and made a connection

hope you get it sorted

Rob
ORIGINAL: swathy

When you get a chance, check the 8-pin connector near the turret motor, make sure there are no wires touching or loose and crossing signals.
Yep I Checked the connector and there were no loose wires also checked the board and it looks ok to me so I ordered a new board from the site I mentioned earlier
ORIGINAL: Panzerfaust77

Nice site! They got some nice stuff, and the prices are a lot more reasonable than RipoffZone.uk.
I had a look at ripoffzone UK and they did have a board for sale but it was twice the price of the one on the German site
Old 02-24-2008, 03:29 AM
1002frans

HI,BREL,This was a simular pblem i had with mine ,but mine was the airsoft gun ,had it fixed now when i switch on my tank it recoils out of its own,to get a decent operation out of them you must get a better electronic system and its costing money.My plem is nobody here does the hop ups in south africa so with the exhange rate its costing a arm and a leg,my other one the left rear track keeps on jumping in the split of the idler then i must remove the track and refit it .i take of the front idler and then without splitting the tracks i take the track of and refit it,its saving a lot of pt but i havent got a fix for it. frans muller gauteng s africa[sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=drowning.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=angry_smile.gif]
Old 02-24-2008, 09:13 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The wayward turret and airsoft gun are examples of a fried board. I am not sure what component has failed, and because the replacement boards are so cheap, I am not sure you could fix it at a lower cost anyway. Good thing there is a ready supply of these cheap ESC boards. If it wasn't for that these Heng Longs would never have grown in popularity as they have. Guys like to call these toys but to me what differentiates these from a toy is the ample supply of parts available.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 AM
brel
Banned

ORIGINAL: YHR

The wayward turret and airsoft gun are examples of a fried board. I am not sure what component has failed, and because the replacement boards are so cheap, I am not sure you could fix it at a lower cost anyway. Good thing there is a ready supply of these cheap ESC boards. If it wasn't for that these Heng Longs would never have grown in popularity as they have. Guys like to call these toys but to me what differentiates these from a toy is the ample supply of parts available.
When I get the new board I am going to flip it and put a bigger heat sink with a fan on it. I think the board is fried and I have for now Isolated the turret motor by unsoldering the wires rom the board
Old 02-24-2008, 09:54 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just like a real tanker. Your field repair has got you operating like an assault gun, and you are ready for action!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
1002frans

yhr,the p lem is were do i get spare boards am in south africa nobody keep spares here they sell the tanks at the chinese fleamarkets,they r a bunch of spooks they test the tank in the shop you walk out the door they r finished with you,no garentee no backup nothing,do you see my point now.its the same as with greyproducts that is flooding this country nobody gives a after sales service all they r intressted in is pushing a turnover further than that they dont care a rats ass,with tamiya you at least got a backup service here in s africa,at the end the customer loses big time.[sm=drowning.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=48_48.gif]money down the drain
Old 02-24-2008, 03:03 PM
brel
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1002frans

yhr,the p lem is were do i get spare boards am in south africa nobody keep spares here they sell the tanks at the chinese fleamarkets,they r a bunch of spooks they test the tank in the shop you walk out the door they r finished with you,no garentee no backup nothing,do you see my point now.its the same as with greyproducts that is flooding this country nobody gives a after sales service all they r intressted in is pushing a turnover further than that they dont care a rats ass,with tamiya you at least got a backup service here in s africa,at the end the customer loses big time.[sm=drowning.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=48_48.gif]money down the drain
try this link
http://www.rctank.de/index.php
Old 02-24-2008, 03:09 PM
swathdiver

If you expect warranty service, you're going to disappoint yourself. If you would pay triple the money for the same tank, I'm sure some suppliers would warranty them.

I got into this hobby expecting things to break. When they don't it's a nice surprise, when they do, it sharpens my modelling and electrical skills.

Maintain enough spare parts and follow the advice of your fellow forum members and you'll be a happy tanker. Does Mato ship to South Africa? He might if you put a large enough order together. What fun is it when the only tank you have is broken down? That's why we all have 3 or more! Buy another tank or two from Mato, a couple of smoke and sound kits, airsoft units and metal accessories and you'll be set for years of fun. If someone else ships to you, say our Aussie friends, the Brits or the Germans and shipping is reasonable, buy from them too.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:46 PM
971wright

brel pugwash has rx 13 boards for sale £13.50 plus postage check him out on evil bay
Old 02-24-2008, 04:00 PM
brel
Banned

thanks for that 971wright
I have a board coming from Germany.
Not going to use tankZone very often their prices are too high especially for the pcb they are charging about £10 more than rctanks.de after the currency conversion from € Euros to the £ pound