Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

review on Dragon figures VS 21 centry-xtreme figures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

review on Dragon figures VS 21 centry-xtreme figures

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
johnmar78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default review on Dragon figures VS 21 centry-xtreme figures

Hi Guys,

here is my youtube video on my review of Dragon 1:18 action figures vs more expensive 21 centry xtreme gigures.

Have you say and make your own decisions.

I noticed, 21 centrys rifle has no magazine in it, probably due to rush production process?? But on other hands, 21 centry has more flexbility in its joint as compared to Dragon. Overall, dragon figures is much more proportional as compared to 21 centry.

The 21 centry appers to have overly larged arms and legs. In some cases, the neck is too long........very funny. I personally prefered the dragon figures, because it comes with PUNCHO..rain shield uniforms made out of real cloth..... but again, 21 centry has more weathering effects on it, Dragon has none....I have to do it myself.

Have your say and honest opnions and tell me whats your view.

Cheers

Here is the you tube site:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtM0RDF4ntI
Old 04-29-2008, 10:28 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: review on Dragon figures VS 21 centry-xtreme figures

I own more 21st Century firgures, because I can find them locally, but I prefer the Dragon figures as you do. For me, the elbow and knee joints look bad...Dragon figures have fewer seams in the body/uniform and look a bit less toy-like. When using 21st Century, I like to use the non-jointed arms that come with the newer characters.

I feel lucky to have either, since I cannot paint.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61531.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	940110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34968.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	940111  
Old 04-30-2008, 12:28 AM
johnmar78

thanks Creamslick, I used to paint 1/35 tamiya and dragon figures. I have almost 500 of them hand painted and weathered. But now days I get involved with RC tank and not much time I can paint. But I definately will do more added weathering /touch up for the dragon figures. These are going to be fixed position on my tanks for the next MOVIE......stay in tune..

I liked your collections ..very nice indeed.

Anyone more???
Old 04-30-2008, 05:32 AM
fv432
Banned

nice work on the video mate and the comparisons with the figure's
do the dragon range do a tank commander figure/tank crew either russian or german

cheers for the info

Rob
Old 04-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Prometheum5

How odd does a 1/18 figure like this look next to a 1/16 scale tank?
Old 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

28 of my 34 tanks have 21 Century figures (German-USA-Japanese)...my Pz III ausf L has the set of Wehrmacht tankers in the metal opening side hatches and my SU-76i has a molded Russian set from Modellino. I don't like the Dragons because you cannot conform them to how you want to position them, at the mercy of what the designer had in mind for the figure to be doing.[:'(] Of course, as in 135 modelling, you can always cut, reshape and reposition extremities to what you want, but then why pay so much for a figure then have to chop it up.[&:] When I get the 21 C's positioned the way I want, it's a very simple matter to use a file and modelling putty to seal up the joints. Sizewise, they are ideal and for people, who come in different sizes, it's OK. For the legs, since 90% of mine are turret crew and occasional driver, the legs are discarded, which leaves a couple of elbows to "pretty up". [)]
Old 04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Leon01

Prometheum5 The one in the middle 1/18 21st cen the other 2 1/16 Dragon The 2 in the tank 1/18 21st cen
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87112.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	940468  
Old 04-30-2008, 07:54 PM
johnmar78

Hi guys, I am impressed with your collections and feed back. Use putty to fix up the seams....thats a good idea too. I just opened another dragon box and noticed they give a bonus mp40 pack..and one of the head has beard on it. well detailed facial expressions. I will look into 21 centry more later on, and may be I can interchane 21 centry head with dragons.

Cheers
Old 05-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Prometheum5

Thanks for the pic.... I noticed on the Dragon site that they have a few battle-barbie style figures in 1/16 listed, but I cannot find any other actual evidence of these being anything besides a typo... no stores I've looked at have them, and there aren't even any on ebay. Anyone ever actually seen these?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:58 PM
johnmar78

Hi Guys, just let you know that all my german collections is due to I liked there artistic design and look ONLY. I am no pro nazi or anything. Because people always get wrong ideas why I am collecting ww2 germans the most.

Cheers from Australia
Old 05-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Prometheum5

No worries mate... we're historical modeling buffs. I've yet to build a non WWII German tank (altho I just started my first T-34 )... the other thing to remember is that the Nazis were a political party, and the German Army was just that, an national army regardless of what the country stood for... if you really dig into the history, you'll realize that the German army and the Nazis are not synonymous.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 AM
johnmar78

I See prome. I just asked my kids and let them tell me which is a better figure.either 21 centry or dragon action 18.

My son laughed so as my daughter, saying the 21 centry has TOO long arms and legs..it looked out of proportion. Well, at least kids woulnt tell lies.

I managed not to cut any of my dragon figures, since they are quite flexiable enought for my needs. I used some cushion pad for theier seat positions..all easy fix.

Cheers
Old 05-02-2008, 02:30 AM
astroboycp

ORIGINAL: johnmar78

Hi Guys, just let you know that all my german collections is due to I liked there artistic design and look ONLY. I am no pro nazi or anything. Because people always get wrong ideas why I am collecting ww2 germans the most.

Cheers from Australia

Indeed no one here is pro nazi or anything IMHO. We all just love those machines etc nothing else. Those german tanks are indeed quite an engineering marvel in that sense.