Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

VS Leopard II coming soon

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

VS Leopard II coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VS Leopard II coming soon

Well I won this off ebay last week and Now I can't wait to add this to my collection, I'm not much for the smaller scales which is funny that I own 3 1/25 tanks and 1 1/35 scale
1 1/18 scale tank and the rest are 1/16 and 1/9 and 1/6!

I like the details of the Leopard II by VS, this is one of the IR tanks and not the airsoft units which I am fine with, is there any upgrades for these tanks outside of the linked tracks
that I know I can buy from Tower Hobbies? Any known issues about these tanks I should know about and how about replacement parts?

Anything would be nice and who else owns one here..please post pictures and video here!

Mark
Old 09-20-2008, 06:24 PM
pcsguy88

Default RE: VS Leopard II coming soon

Congrats, the Leo 2 is a really nice tank when it has the controller with 2 reversr speeds and linked tracks that have rubber or foam pads. Tower Hobbie only sells the M1A2 tracks which will not work. Buy the Leo tracks from Toyeast and check the vsTank owners thread for premade pads. I made my own with 3mm foam sheets from Walmart for $2 and 3hrs of time.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Aslvrfrost98csvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know about the abrams plastic tracks not working on the leo. i have the plastic leo tracks on my abrams and havent had any problems
Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 PM
pcsguy88

I've tried the Abrams tracks on the Leo and the track teeth do not fit properly. The Abrams tracks do work great on the Type 90. Never tried the Leo tracks on anything but the Leo.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Turbobearcat

Well I hope to be able to order those tracks before it snows later this year, I am sure we can order those from Tower Hobbies.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Turbobearcat

ORIGINAL: pcsguy88

Congrats, the Leo 2 is a really nice tank when it has the controller with 2 reversr speeds and linked tracks that have rubber or foam pads. Tower Hobbie only sells the M1A2 tracks which will not work. Buy the Leo tracks from Toyeast and check the vsTank owners thread for premade pads. I made my own with 3mm foam sheets from Walmart for $2 and 3hrs of time.
Mine looks like the single speed reverse controller...darn!

I'm sure I will have fun with it!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:48 AM
pcsguy88

Still fun, but don't judge VsTank by it's performance. You'll know what I'm talking about when you buy an IR T-72 to battle with. The new electronics are far superior. As far as the Leo tracks go, I have not been able to find them in the US. It seems Americans only stock American parts. [&o]
Old 09-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Turbobearcat

Still fun, but don't judge VsTank by it's performance. You'll know what I'm talking about when you buy an IR T-72 to battle with. The new electronics are far superior. As far as the Leo tracks go, I have not been able to find them in the US. It seems Americans only stock American parts. [&o]
I emailed VS Tanks USA and see what their response is later this week...
Old 09-21-2008, 01:19 PM
pcsguy88

In case you did not know, Toyeast.com is VsTank. Send inquiries to info@toyeast and Steve will answer you. Miu is great too.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Turbobearcat

In case you did not know, Toyeast.com is VsTank. Send inquiries to info@toyeast and Steve will answer you. Miu is great too.
I'm very aware who they are as well but I would like to see the parts here in the States and not in China or Japan and then have to wait on the parts and pay for the extra shipping cost to go along with it..