Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Coming soon - Jagdpanther from Henglong

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Coming soon - Jagdpanther from Henglong

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
ARMY GROUP SOUTH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Coming soon - Jagdpanther from Henglong

Just have to spend my Christmas money on family instead, there gain, my disappointment.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:44 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Bill,

You seem to have a good pulse on the situation with HL. Can you get their big boss to confirm what they are working on & slated for 2009 release?

IMHO, VS has been smart to let their customers know what to expect in the coming months in their long-term marketing plans, but with HL, all one hears are many rumors flying about. A few of us who have been to their factory have seen a few models in development over the past year that has been mentioned previously on the forums. I'd think it would be both in your & the factory's interest to try to limit the rumor mill & at least offer some idea on planned releases along with an expected timeframe. Many other hobby manufacturers do it all the time.

What say thee?

Chuck
Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 AM
971wright

Hi Bill Sad news about the 60 days to production ,Any news about extra channels How are they going to do it are they going for split channels or differant frequnces when will they be avalable.

regards pete
Old 10-15-2008, 07:09 AM
RCCOMMAND

ORIGINAL: 971wright

Hi Bill Sad news about the 60 days to production ,Any news about extra channels How are they going to do it are they going for split channels or differant frequnces when will they be avalable.

regards pete
Yes, indeed. Not what we wanted to hear.

Woke up this morning to an email informing me they were ready and will be prepared for shipping to me. Don't know the details such as how many channels/frequencies. I asked for 6 more channels than we currently have.

Bill
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 AM
RCCOMMAND

ORIGINAL: herrmill

Hey Bill,

You seem to have a good pulse on the situation with HL. Can you get their big boss to confirm what they are working on & slated for 2009 release?

IMHO, VS has been smart to let their customers know what to expect in the coming months in their long-term marketing plans, but with HL, all one hears are many rumors flying about. A few of us who have been to their factory have seen a few models in development over the past year that has been mentioned previously on the forums. I'd think it would be both in your & the factory's interest to try to limit the rumor mill & at least offer some idea on planned releases along with an expected timeframe. Many other hobby manufacturers do it all the time.

What say thee?

Chuck

I'll certainly do what I can. They are of the thought process that once projected dates are given as estimates, the public perceives those dates as being written in stone and once those dates are missed...well, you know the rest.

Bill
Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
kclank

well let me know as i want one, whatever it is
Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 AM
bullyhys

ORIGINAL: kclank

ell let me know as i want one, whatever it is
Yes Please let us know I wish to acquire one as well.

bullyhys
Old 10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
RMSINSD

Bill - I sorta "lost the thread" on this one. [&:] Although we're talking about the delay, post #104 states "they are ready" and prepared for shipping. Which "they" are you referring to? Jagdpanthers, or more channeled radios, or?

To AGS (Army Group South) - you're missing an opportunity! If the jagdpanther is off a ways, it just means you can buy another tank, and have enough time to save up for it! Unless of course that is, you have all the others! [X(]

Back to Bill - eagerly awaiting your clarification, because I'm gonna follow my own advice to AGS.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
RCCOMMAND

ORIGINAL: RMStinson

Bill - I sorta "lost the thread" on this one. [&:] Although we're talking about the delay, post #104 states "they are ready" and prepared for shipping. Which "they" are you referring to? Jagdpanthers, or more channeled radios, or?

To AGS (Army Group South) - you're missing an opportunity! If the jagdpanther is off a ways, it just means you can buy another tank, and have enough time to save up for it! Unless of course that is, you have all the others! [X(]

Back to Bill - eagerly awaiting your clarification, because I'm gonna follow my own advice to AGS.
Sorry for the confusion...additional crystal channels are ready.

Bill
Old 10-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Norse

ORIGINAL: RCCOMMAND

ORIGINAL: RMStinson

Sorry for the confusion...additional crystal channels are ready.

Bill
The extra channels does that mean they are just making more crystals and calling them bands 5 6 7 8 etc? or making the receiver compatable with more crystals? ie can i just say whack in a generic 27mhz crystal ie like what is used in the RC cars
Old 10-15-2008, 10:47 PM
ARMY GROUP SOUTH

Hi RMS, For the record I have been a 1/18 collector for eight years and have 50 ww11 tanks, but with the recent drought in 1/18, I have switched due to the variety of 1/16 HL tank and currently have 8 tanks with another on the way. For a moment there I got caught up with the hype that there was a whole lot of new HL on the way, including my favourite, the Jagdpanther, so I planned to throw my weight behind HL and feed my insatiable thirst for collecting. I see now I need to chill and be patient and lookforward to next year.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM
tac23

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

ORIGINAL: heavyaslead

Does this have traverse?

Would like to see the mechanism for gun movement, probably better than Tamiya's method!
How would you know, ever build the kit?
So, another HL product rip off thread and again people are posting support like they are crack vendors.
Copying is the sincerest form of being a jerk and HL has got that covered deep with their cheap toys.
HL, why not change the pose of the Tamiya KT inspired T/C?
Why not move this complete "product announcement" thread over to the Walmart site, wait, even Walmart doesn't sell this toy.
Someone's p*ssed they just spent $800 bucks on a Tamiya....
Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
RMSINSD

Yeah, sorta cranky. Makes me wonder why he is following this thread at all......[sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought we all repainted HL tanks even if they did get the hue more or less correct (i.e., grey on the Tiger I/Olive Drab Pershing, etc.)?

Heng Long's idea of paint is just something to cover the glossy plastic and/or lend a meager hint of authenticity and so it should be supplemented with a more accurate coating from Polly S, Tamiya, Testors or some other paint manufacturer of good reputation.

Granted, the HL tank comes preassembled and is not easily painted in this state but it can be done with proper masking and a little patience. It should be noted that 1/16 scale is very forgiving of painting mistakes since the real tanks were covered with surface imperfections such as rough cast steel, heavy weld lines and tool marks. One should not be so daunted by this undertaking...
Old 10-16-2008, 11:07 AM
dyeager535
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Bill, if you are still following this thread...

Others may be able to comment, I haven't had mine all the way stripped down, but could Heng Long offer their tanks as a complete parts kit? Everything to make the tank, but completely disassembled?

Wondering for those of you that spend a lot of time making them more authentic looking with paint, metal parts, opening hatches, etc., if that would be something that would make life easier? HL saves $5 in assembly costs, buyer saves disassembly time, and gets the option of putting it together however they want, discarding any of the pieces they intend to replace anyways, while having it stripped to the basics for initial painting.

With all the aftermarket parts out there, and different builds detailed here, it's obvious that a high degree of customization is happening after the tanks are stripped down to the basics, why not just start at the beginning instead?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
kclank

ORIGINAL: dyeager535

Hey Bill, if you are still following this thread...

Others may be able to comment, I haven't had mine all the way stripped down, but could Heng Long offer their tanks as a complete parts kit? Everything to make the tank, but completely disassembled?

Wondering for those of you that spend a lot of time making them more authentic looking with paint, metal parts, opening hatches, etc., if that would be something that would make life easier? HL saves $5 in assembly costs, buyer saves disassembly time, and gets the option of putting it together however they want, discarding any of the pieces they intend to replace anyways, while having it stripped to the basics for initial painting.

With all the aftermarket parts out there, and different builds detailed here, it's obvious that a high degree of customization is happening after the tanks are stripped down to the basics, why not just start at the beginning instead?
IMHO Heng Long is still in the business of making toys, not models. Fortunetly some of their products provide a great point of departure for making really nice models, at least in the hands of modelers. Some folks just want a moderately sophisticated toy to play with, as a fun toy for their kids, or just don't have the time or resources to build more sophisticated models such as tamiya There is plenty of room and customers for both. Having had most of the Tamiya tanks and all of the Heng Long tanks the only real similarities between the companies are the early box art. try to put a interchange a part from one companies product to the other and most of the time people will find it won't work. the molds are different, the parts sub-assemblies are mostly different, parts that are removable on one are cast in on another, heck even the errors are different. It real serves no purpose to compare one company's product against the other when discussing price/quality/fidelity to prototype.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
dyeager535

All I'm saying is give people the choice. The parts are all there anyways, and simply assembled in a factory. For every ten assembled Tiger I's they put in a box (which I'm sure is why the somewhat sophisticated yet cost-friendly toy aspect sells the most tanks), put just one of all those parts in a box, and sell it to those who want that, instead of a fully glued together occasional toy.

Just give people the option...don't force people to assemble them as a model, but offer that to those who want or need them in that configuration.

It has nothing to do with comparing HL to Tamiya, except cost. People that can't afford or won't spend the $800 on a Tamiya product, are not going to buy a Tamiya over a HL no matter what HL does, as long as they keep up with their present practice of affordable tanks.

I don't really have the time to drive my current tank, yet when I get a StuG, I plan on disassembling it to paint anyways. And taking the gearboxes/motors out, and maybe try my hand at opening some hatches, moving some switches, etc. So why not just start with the parts in a pile, as that's how it's essentially going to end up anyways? It will actually save me TIME, even if the cost were the same for a parts kit as a complete toy. I'm certainly not losing any money, nor is HL.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM
kclank

I understand your point. Is it raining over there, it is here in P.A.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
dyeager535

Rainy Season started in September and will probably run until July.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:08 PM
ksoc

Making a model kit is more than just throwing parts in a box....

All the parts need to be numbered, most likely grouped on a common sprue(s). All the nuts, bolts, and hardware need to be counted bagged and labeled. Large heavy parts such as the gear boxes would need to be secured in a blister pack or cardboard box. Then you need instructions, including warnings not to stick the soldering iron in your eye because it may hurt! The instructions also need to be simple enough that a complete idiot can put it together, because no matter how you label the box (WARNING: Modeling PhD required) some novice will buy it for himself or his kid.

Now on the supply side you have two different kits for each tank........ or they could just keep doing what they are doing
Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
dyeager535

True, the liability concerns might be a bit more, so safety instructions I can see, as well as packaging might be a bit difficult, assuming all parts are manufactured or assembled in-house and don't come pre-packaged to them. Never been to the factory, I know some have.

If you are selling a pile of parts, advertise it as such and those that want will buy it. Forget sprues or anything like that. 10 roadwheels on this tank, grab 20, 10 go in a box and 10 go on a chassis. Done. I really don't think the manufacturer cares whether or not I can assemble the thing. Maybe they do, but they shouldn't. I don't recall getting instructions with my metal track or wheels. There's no guarantee I can drive it good enough to keep it from going down the stairs and breaking either. (although there is probably a warning about it in the manual lol)

HL already sells metal tracks, wheels, gears, gearboxes, boards, smokers, airsoft units, emitters, you name it separate. As a matter of fact, aren't the "super" versions straight from the factory already, meaning two different component sets for the same tank? It would be nothing more than combining parts into a complete package (which they already do) just not assembling it.

Sure, you are adding a production process, but is it just as cost effective to box up some parts vs. assemble? That's the companies call, I don't know. Heck, charge more for all I care, not having to deal with glued on parts disassembly would be worth some $$ to me.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:19 PM
ksoc

not having to deal with glued on parts disassembly would be worth some $$ to me.
That would be easier. WSN ships the tank built, but the consumer attaches all the exterior details. Slap in some batteries and it is ready to run AND no detail "bits" to knock off. If you want it to look "pretty" then you can glue all the "bits" on. The best of both worlds.

Yeah, you'd still need some instructions, but minor revision to what they already ship with HL's should cover it. The parts could all be put in one bag. Packaging and everything else could remain the same.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:39 PM
matthewpeter

wow this sneaked up without me noticing! It looks brilliant, when I finish all the other tanks I shall defo buy one!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:58 AM
abo

Not that I would pay thier prices but the Jagdpanther is up on the Tankzone webpage as "coming soon", so hopefully we won't have too long to wait.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 PM
tankfaninchicago

I can't wait for the the new HL Jagdpanther. I only have the one HL tank (the STUGIII) so I can't comment on the other HL tanks which apparently had their deficencies but the Stug has been great. I guess if I was mainly interested in the electronics , sounds , realistic motion and so on I could justify the expense of the Tamiya. Also, for the cost of a Tamiya it burns my butt that I have to assemble the whole thing. For appearance I have been thrilled with my HL Stug. Sure, the paint is lame but a little paint, weathering, airbrushing and it cleans up just fine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73491.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1055360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18068.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1055361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90491.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1055362  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.