Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

my first tiger, broke!!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 AM
0z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my first tiger, broke!!

well that says it all, i took it for a spin and the wheels started to come off which also broke both the tracks, once i got it home and dissembled, the axles which are metal threaded bolts with an Allen key head had stripped the threads from the plastic suspension arms, but this wasn't the worst bit i didn't know until i started too take it apart the wheels tracks and belly were covered in DOG CRAP!!! so it looks like my new tiger is gonna be my next project for a full metal lower hull upgrade, gears wheels tracks suspension idler sprocket and new RX14, my wsn is gonna have to wait for its metal bits awhile longer. []
Old 11-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Panther F

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: my first tiger, broke!!

ORIGINAL: 0z

well that says it all, i took it for a spin and the wheels started to come off which also broke both the tracks, once i got it home and dissembled, the axles which are metal threaded bolts with an Allen key head had stripped the threads from the plastic suspension arms, but this wasn't the worst bit i didn't know until i started too take it apart the wheels tracks and belly were covered in DOG CRAP!!! so it looks like my new tiger is gonna be my next project for a full metal lower hull upgrade, gears wheels tracks suspension idler sprocket and new RX14, my wsn is gonna have to wait for its metal bits awhile longer. []

You really need to have your scout team survey an area to run your tank ... safely. Which totally leaves out my back yard where my 3 dogs roam.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is the one thing my wife likes about my RC tanks. I am always cleaning up behind the two dogs without have to be reminded!!!!!

WOW Oz, what does taking it for a spin mean??? In two years I have never seen the destruction you describe!!!!!! Oh well, at least you have a good reason to get some upgrade parts!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Panther F

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah I agree, great excuse to go shopping for tank parts! BTW, I always clean up after my dogs too, but there's always that one that you missed that'll get you!

Besides, my German Shepard would have my tanks for lunch.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
0z

looking at the mess on the tank it was either a very large great Dane or a small elephant, YHR, taking it for a spin means a quick test drive, has anyone else had a HL tank fitted with these stock metal axles ? on the good side Santa's coming Early this year.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
fv432
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you had a good spin OZ LOL

those plastics arms arent the best and trying to get an allen bolt to hold in there is crazy
I take it a set of the metal arms is in the post [X(][X(]
Old 11-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Dmon1996

Oz-
wheels tracks and belly were covered in DOG CRAP!!! so it looks like my new tiger is gonna be my next project for a full metal lower hull upgrade
I did not know that the Tiger had an optional non-stick metal lower hull....

Sorry, I just had to do that! I do sympathize, I have a dog that is big enuf to leave substantial land mines, yet small enuf that they snuggle down in the grass so they don't show....Now I just go to the park- nosy kids are better than dog crap!

I am very sorry to hear of your less than satisfying test drive. Did you just buy it? Maybe you can get it repaired/replaced if it's a new purchase. I'm reworking a very (very) old version of the Tiger- a wreck from off eBay- and I have not had such lousy luck....must be a Friday Afternoon Tank (you know, built on a Friday afternoon when teh workers just wanted to get outta work and go home).
Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 AM
icemonkey

hi oz , my tig had the same axles ,but i didnt run it much,swopped the suspension arms for the metal upgrade , plus the drive sprockets ,idlers tensioners and tracks
all the best ,ice
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 PM
0z

the wife has let me have my WSN tiger ( supposed to be for Xmas ) so i think i,m gonna start working on it now, after spending so much time and effort on the HL tiger i don't much feel like a rebuild at the moment so its into storage for the time being, must admit i,m a bit [:@][:@][:@] that it broke so soon but i suppose its just a learning curve, so it looks like a late night for me ordering the bits and pieces i need, any ideas on a metal gearbox for the WSN tiger one. cheers tony.......
Old 11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
fv432
Banned

you know what iam going to tell you LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89874.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	1075029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15706.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1075030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89648.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	1075031  
Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
0z

i may have a problem with the WSN gearbox as its smaller in length and width compared to the HL box, basically there isn't much room up front.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
fv432
Banned

those pics are from my T34 and is the same setup in your WSN tiger (after conversion )

Kind regards Rob
Old 11-19-2008, 03:33 PM
0z

well rob, looks like i,m gonna be calling on you A LOT once the bits arrive i,ll start the upgrade, cheers tony.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM
fv432
Banned

any help i can give Mate

Kind regards Rob
Old 11-20-2008, 06:53 AM
0z

can i buy the metal floor for the HL tiger 1 or do i make it myself, i have seen other tigers with this fitted.... brel did you get my PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM
brel
Banned

I think you have to make one your self yes i did get your pm