Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Shermans

Old 11-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Oldarmr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shermans

Is there a possiblity that Heng long will make a Sherman? I think that Tamiya makes a great product, but for me as a casual enthuiast, the time and money to build one is too high.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:23 PM
blitzkrieg65

Default RE: Shermans

There was a rumor they were, but it has been silent for about 2 months ago we even heard they were going to come out with it this year! And you would think we could get a sneak peak or something!??? Well OLDarmr your not along I think there is well over 1000 guys waitng for them to make the Sherman!

The Blitz
Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good things come to those who wait...
Old 11-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Oldarmr

I guess what I don't understand, as much interest as there is in the sherman and all the accessories that would go with it, you would think it would be a no-brainer.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, I'll prob'ly be first in line for one.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:48 PM
ostketten

I guess the shermie was pre-empted by the HL Jagdpanther...?? I heard there was to be a Jagdtiger at some point as well.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 PM
ksoc

The VVSS suspension seems to be the problem. Not only was the HVVS (Tamiya's current type) better in the real world, it seems that it is easier to make at 1:16 scale The Sherman was also the first RC tank for Tamiya, so they just took an existing 1970's tank they already had and added the RC bits.

Heng Long could make a Sherman with the HVSS, but since most of the Shermans in WWII were of the VVSS type they'd sell a LOT more if they broke some new ground. If they were mechanically decent - and their product does seem to be getting better - there would be many Tamiya tanker that would buy them just to get the suspension and the track.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:02 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Heck i have a tamiya sherman but i would love a HL sherman that i can beat on!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:50 AM
killick64

Just a thought: could the HL folks be tracking the popularity (ie, sales) of the 1/16 FOV VVSS Sherman? There seem to be a lot of those on EvilBay these days and not too many "takers"..... []

(Heck I only need THREE HL Shermans myself .... One for Italy, one for Russia, and one to make a TD out of... )
Old 11-23-2008, 12:07 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is an expensive tank. I purchased one with the intent of cannibilizing it for an RC VVS tank. With the rumor of Heng Long doing one, I have held off touching the FOV Sherman, except to repaint it into a Canadian battalion. I think we are talking two very different buyers here. Collectible tanks that sit on a shelf do nothing but cost money. An RC tank, however has a certain $/hour fun in it, and even in bad economic times offers the buyer something to keep him occupied that is relatively inexpensive when you factor in the hours involved in upgrading.

So come on Heng Long, don't give up on VVS Sherman!!!!!!!!! It was the alllied tank of WWII
Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM
killick64

ORIGINAL: YHR

So come on Heng Long, don't give up on VVS Sherman!!!!!!!!! It was the alllied tank of WWII
I know that...You know that.....But does HL know that ??? I have one of HL's little 1/30 Shermans (I had harboured some misbegotten notion of turning it into a 1/16 BREN Carrier) and it's a real little Charmer. The VVSS actually works! If only I know what to feed it to make it grow up into a 1/16 Tank.....

Nice paint job on the FOV Sherman, BTW ...!!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Oldarmr

I've got one of the 1/30 also, actually alot of cheap fun, only gave 25.00 dollars for it and have had that much fun doubled.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Leon01

Hope they will I bought a cheap 21st cen one to help me though till HL does come out with one. Hope if they do its not a knock-off of the Tamiya I guess that would be better then nothing.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
maxs

when when are they coming? i almost done with my lcm-3 need 2 going to buy 4 if they come out need the sherman please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!