Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Yes another new Tiger !

Old 01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
andicog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes another new Tiger !

Well it didnt stay clean for long ! A bit of dirt never hurt anyone, first Tank I've done so go easy !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91173.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1107145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38499.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1107146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91952.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1107147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn32476.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1107148  
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
torpedochief

Default RE: Yes another new Tiger !

Looks good to me Brother!! Just one little suggestion. Your mud flaps look great!!! However that much dirt would also have landed some on the rear hull also.

Just one more little thing that might just make it better is the tank you are doing would have not had that big a Balkencrus (sp) on the rear. That tank would have had one on each side of the number on the rear of the storage bin, and one on each side of the hull just about center of the turret. I think. My books are in the office upstars and I so comfy I don't think I can get up......

Don't think this is being critical. That is the last thing I want to do. For a first tank my friend you have got the basics down pat!! Now try a little filter wash and some dry brushing and you'll be a force to be reckon'd with.

Great job and do keep at it!!!!!

Don
Old 01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
andicog

Thanks for the tips, always welcome. Will pick up some pigment over the weekend and carry on !
Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 PM
RSEA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice! Is it an HL? Don't recall seeing 4 digit numbers on a WWII German Tank before, usually just 3 digits, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 AM
leggeron

Not bad at all for a first attempt!
Did you repaint the grey or just weathered over the factory paint?
Decals are not placed correctly, as torpedochief mentioned. I also do not recall seing four digit turret numbers on German tanks.
Next time (or even now if you want to bother) you can do some sanding and puttying (kitting? not sure of the English word) where necessary before painting and weathering.

Well, it all depends on how far you want to go with your tank, the base is great for superdetailing with all sorts of accessories being available.
But for a first try - its good enough! Besides you can always rework or improve it along the way.

P.S. I just noticed the mudflaps seem thinner than HL's, did you use custom parts or did you sand them off? Either way, nice touch!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First off, Welcome and thanks for posting pictures of your work. Like the rest of us you will now start doing some research and find some things aren't exaclty right on your first attempt, (which ,by the way, is par for the course), and you will go back and correct these things when the mood strikes you. You work looks good and I am sure we will all enjoy reading and seeing furthur updates, as well as new projects that you are bound to be involved in now that you have succumbed to this tank Virus.

Again, thanks,
Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
andicog

I just weathered over the original grey, looks like I got details wrong !, I will probably buy propper decal kit , Balken cross on rear I thought was right for early Tiger as I know Tiger S20 had the cross here and that was an early one ??? Thanks for the help guys, as they say " God Is In The Details ! "
Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 PM
andicog

ORIGINAL: leggeron

Not bad at all for a first attempt!
Did you repaint the grey or just weathered over the factory paint?
Decals are not placed correctly, as torpedochief mentioned. I also do not recall seing four digit turret numbers on German tanks.
Next time (or even now if you want to bother) you can do some sanding and puttying (kitting? not sure of the English word) where necessary before painting and weathering.

Well, it all depends on how far you want to go with your tank, the base is great for superdetailing with all sorts of accessories being available.
But for a first try - its good enough! Besides you can always rework or improve it along the way.

P.S. I just noticed the mudflaps seem thinner than HL's, did you use custom parts or did you sand them off? Either way, nice touch!
4 figure numbers were used, I'm not saying my numbers match up to a real Tiger but they did use 4 digits, some captured Russian T34 were numbered this way as was Tiger '1334' - 13s.SS Pz-Komp LAH, Kursk 1943.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Panzerfaust77

You did all that but still stuck that 3818 decal to the turret?!

Good job
Old 01-10-2009, 02:35 PM
NitroAssassin

lol i notice the 3818 on the turret also, it's ok i'm guilty of that myself..

You did a good job for your first attempt.. I just picked up another tiger last night from TJM in the same gray as yours.. I'll get to the detailing eventually but first things first.. battles!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 PM
andicog

ORIGINAL: Panzerfaust77

You did all that but still stuck that 3818 decal to the turret?!

Good job
Give a man a break ! I,m sorry about the sticker OK ! I'll peel it off tonight ! or can I take one digit off and convince people on the cheap ? Just bought a cheap non s+s Panzer III and promise to do some research before reaching for the wash . . . . In my defense at least pistol port, mantlet and hatch are all right !