Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panzer III Cupola/Hatch

Old 01-12-2009, 01:38 PM
andicog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panzer III Cupola/Hatch

Wondered if anyone knew where I could get a Comanders Cupola/Hatch for a Panzer III ? Just bought one with half the hatch broken off, have looked on a few sites but no joy [] Hope someone can help, Also after weathering with wash etc should I use a coat of matt clear to seal it ? I used Enamel for detail and weathering and wondered what would work best, I'm in the UK so needs to be available here, could I just use Humbrol Matt thinned to suit air brush or is there a better product that will be ok with enamel ? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:04 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Panzer III Cupola/Hatch

Did the hatch itself break or the little hinge assembly? My hinge showed up broken on one of mine too. I first tried to make one from styrene but it's not strong enough for repeated use. Think I'll make one from brass or copper next.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:37 AM
andicog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Panzer III Cupola/Hatch

Yes. right on the hinge, bit of brass and some epoxy will probably fix it . . just being lazy looking for a quick fix