Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Newbie with HL Panzer III problem

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Newbie with HL Panzer III problem

Old 10-20-2009, 01:19 AM
xlr8_87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with HL Panzer III problem

Gday guys,

I'm 100% new to this and only found this forum trying to rectify a problem I had.

Bought a Heng Long Panzerkampfwagen III from overseas and received it yesterday. Firstly the instructions aren't very clear but I think I've managed to figure out how I'm meant to work it =P

Problem I'm having is...
Turn the remote on (power LED is red), turn the main switch on under the tank, the headlights flash. I then press the start button on the remote and the tank makes the engine start noise and idles. The headlights flash for a few seconds and then stay on. From here none of the controls work at all, other than turning the engine off via the remote. I then re-read the instructions and it said something about once starting it to leave it on for 5 minutes, this did nothing.

After a quick search of this forum I couldn't find any answers, other than the suggestion of trying another battery. I tried a Venom 3000mAh one I have for a rotory start for one of my nitro cars, and that didn't seem to help the problem.

any suggestions would be great as I don't want to have wasted my money! I'm in Australia, so don't know what spare parts or anything are like to get over here.

Cheers,

Rob
Old 10-20-2009, 03:41 AM
andicog

Default RE: Newbie with HL Panzer III problem

Welcome to the world of Heng Long ! After engine starting headlights should flash for about 5 seconds then they should stay on, once they are on the tank should respond normally to the transmitter. Are your transmitter batterys good? have you fully charged the tanks battery ? Check you have the correct band 'crystals' in both tank and transmitter (although I cant see the start function working if they are mis-matched), Heng Long are known for teething problems, it depends if you are happy to open up the tank to check for loose wires/dry soldered joints/loose plugs etc or just send it back for an exchange.On one of mine I found a couple of wires had come off inside the transmitter, most things are easy enough to sort and parts usually are not too expensive, dont think you will have any problem getting spares in Aus.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Take the crystals out and pry the legs apart slightly (sometimes they're not seated properly). I had this problem when I upgraded my T-34.

If that doesn't work then open the tank up and check all the wires.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:16 PM
B/Man

Hi Rob,

I can't be much help with that problem but no doubt someone on here has had the same issue in the past and will know how to fix it. The great thing about these tanks is that everything can be replaced with a bit of effort, parts are cheap and I find it's a lot of fun to muck around with the eletronics. In Australia we're lucky to have two great suppliers: http://www.rctigerland.com.au/rctigerland/index.php and http://ozarmour.com/. Either of these blokes should have what you need.

Cheers,
Bronson
Old 10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like a crystal problem. Wozwasnt idea is a sound one. I have had this same problem, and every time it was the crystals
Old 10-20-2009, 11:56 PM
xlr8_87

thanks for the replies, I'll try whats been mentioned and see how it goes!

I'm not great with electronics so let's hope its something simple!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 AM
xlr8_87

simple as that! gave the legs on both the crystals a little tweak with some pliers and works like magic now! haven't tested the gun yet as I'm about to head out the door... but I'm sure I'll have some fun with it! will post some pics up later.

thanks for the help!

(this is why I love the internet!)
Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: xlr8_87

simple as that! gave the legs on both the crystals a little tweak with some pliers and works like magic now! haven't tested the gun yet as I'm about to head out the door... but I'm sure I'll have some fun with it! will post some pics up later.

thanks for the help!

(this is why I love the internet!)

Yes. Heng Long should include this web address on every box!!!!!!!

I'm Glad you are a Happy tanker again.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:05 PM
The_Stuff

never thought of the crystals needing a bit of a spread before. man im outta touch here lol.

glad to hear your tanks working! i got one of those tanks to.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:28 AM
xlr8_87

*sigh*

Gave it a good run around before, all went well apart from the fact the gun won't fire I get the recoil and sound, just no firing. What's the best way to check the airsoft mechanism? I can't see how to get the turret off.

Any help is once again welcomed! thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 04:33 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you're Down Under I bet they either turned the gun off or disabled it to get through Customs. Inside the Tank Commander's hatch is an on-off switch. If you've flipped that and the gun still won't fire, you'll need to take your tank apart and re-connect the wiring.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: xlr8_87

I get the recoil and sound, just no firing.
You don't get any recoil or sound when you fire the bb gun, you only get that when you press the K button. To fire the bb gun you have to push the left stick up. But like Swath says your gun will have been disabled to get it through custom (usually they just switch it off but sometimes they cut a wire).