Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

S.C.A.T. January Battleday

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

S.C.A.T. January Battleday

Old 12-22-2009, 04:56 AM
ksoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.C.A.T. January Battleday

Southern California Area Tankers will be holding their next battleday on

Saturday, January 23rd

Set up begins at 0900

So far, we have 11 confirmed. Hope to see you there!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 PM
SCAT PATTON

Default RE: S.C.A.T. January Battleday

See you there Afew picks for rev us up.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98290.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	1339775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78476.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1339776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60008.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	1339777  
Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM
ksoc

We have RAIN forecast through Friday, plus a 40% chance of rain on Saturday. We will be evaluating the battlefield condition and weather throughout the week and keep you advised. We hope to make a final decision by Thursday.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm thinking positive...no rain, no rain, no rain. There's a 60% chance of a dry day

Likely the field will need some work before we battle too.

Good news! Weather.com gives us only a 20% chance of rain, or...for you optomists, an 80% chance of no rain!

We'll wait for Thursday for a better look. Thanks for the update KSOC.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:04 PM
blitzkrieg65

Hopefully its a mild storm on Thursday, and drizzle Friday and Sunny on Saturday! I have sure been looking forward the battle this weekend!! I tuned up the Sherman, my Pershing needs some action, and have my T-34 ready to go,, and right now it even has a smoke that comes out of the correct tail pipes on the tank! I want to get some video of that before it stops working LOL!

Also I am getting rid of my DX6 radio, It does not offer me all the channels that I need for EL MOD! It is an excellent radio with storage memory for up to 10 individual tanks, planes, trucks etc,, I have added a high quality momentary switch for push button IR Shot, and changed out the voltage regulator for longer life on the battery. Looking for $ 160.00 includes AR6000 receiver.

Besides bringing a few other items that guys have requested, I am hoping to have a surprise product to display at SCAT!

See you there ,,, if the sun comes out!

The Blitz (Phil)

RCTankWars.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17664.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	1359805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76862.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1359806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64943.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	1359807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy71631.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1359808  
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Dugster

Hey Phil,

I’m confused… The picture you show is a DX6 (DMS) not a DX6i (DMS2). There is a BIG difference between those two radios. Also, do you mean AR500 Rx? There is no model AR5000. And finally the AR500 (DMS2) is NOT compatible with the early DX6 (DMS). To use the DX6 you must use an early AR6000 or BR6000 receiver.

Doug
Old 01-20-2010, 10:43 AM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: Dugster

Hey Phil,

I’m confused… The picture you show is a DX6 (DMS) not a DX6i (DMS2). There is a BIG difference between those two radios. Also, do you mean AR500 Rx? There is no model AR5000. And finally the AR500 (DMS2) is NOT compatible with the early DX6 (DMS). To use the DX6 you must use an early AR6000 or BR6000 receiver.

Doug

Hello Doug,, I just mis typed the AR6000 receiver, but the radio is the one I have been using for my KT for a little over a year and I thought it was the 6i but it does look like it is just the DX6[X(] It looks like someone is getting a great deal then checking the retail price, the radio works great I just cannot use it anymore for what I want to do!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=623

It looks like the weather is clearing up guys so get your batteries charged and favorite battle tanks prepared! I hope to you Doug and more of the DAK crew!!!

Thanks,

Phil (The Blitz)

Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 PM
pcomm1

Mud is absolutely not a friend to real tanks and I have a question about battling 1/16 scale tanks in those conditions.

It has been more than a year since I attended a SCAT event do to work – family activities, so I am looking forward to Sat and it is now down to 30% chance of rain at the battlefield. But the soil should be pretty soggy, if not already muddy.

After seeing the chore ETO Bob had awhile back cleaning off and repairing mud induced gear box damage, a question arises?

Never having run my tank(s) in mud, and perhaps I won't, but if I do, who has good experience running in the mud with out breakdown issues and which Tamiya WWII f/o tanks work better in those unfriendly model armor conditions?

ksoc recommends the M26 Pershing and its road wheel design looks OK for that issue, plus if I am wiling to get it muddy, then later field stripping and cleaning the Pershing's suspension isn't as bad a job as the others: such as the Tiger I or Panther.

And how about posting answers driven by those with experience operating in muddy terrrain and of course the humorous wize guy's responses are always appreciated for what they are.

Anyway, what do you all think about driving in the mud?

John

Old 01-21-2010, 01:57 AM
RSEA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean really.. When it comes to mud, the answer is a simple one, drive a Russian tank..

The Germans just spent days and days trying to either get their tanks out of the mud or to keep them from getting stuck in it. Interleaved and or overlapping road wheels are mud's playground. Mud just loves to get all jammed up into them, loves it!

If you really want to have a lot of fun in the mud, drive an early Tiger with the rubber tired wheels and be sure you have all 8 of the outer road wheels installed as well. Totally and muddily awesome!

I'd take my Tiger out to the DAK field this weekend for a spin, but the field is probably under water right now and I don't have the schnorkel tube installed on the Tiger yet.

Now take a T34 or KV for a spin in the mud and that's as comfortable as "sitting on a beach, earning 20%", just like Hans Gruber would say. Yippee Ki-Yay Mutter#$#%@!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 AM
pcomm1

Cleaning out mud jammed road wheels on my model Tiger IE rates fairly low as a fun, but that is just my opinion.

So I will pass on your well meant suggestion plus ksoc has already verified via email that his Tamiya Tiger behaves no differently than the real Kraut Tiger's in the 1940's Russian mud.

No real interest in Commie tanks, but perhaps I will stencil a Red Star on my Pershing. Though that did not happen in WWII, but later during the Korean Police Action when the Soviets got a few of those for free courtesy of North Korea and China. I read somewhere the captured Pershings worked just fine after they were thawed out. I wonder if Russia intends to give any of them back anytime soon.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:36 PM
RSEA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should put some Red Stars on your Pershing, they will look good on it. You'll have a one of a kind tank then at the battle and be all set to go mud bogging at the SCAT field. It has been raining all morning here. A Schwimmwagen would be a good choice out here right now.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: ksoc

We have RAIN forecast through Friday, plus a 40% chance of rain on Saturday. We will be evaluating the battlefield condition and weather throughout the week and keep you advised. We hope to make a final decision by Thursday.

Make a decision yet? The bare ground around here, 20 miles away from the SCAT field is a bog and the yard looked like a flooded rice paddy at the height of the rain storm today..
Old 01-21-2010, 11:25 PM
ksoc

THE BATTLEDAY HAS BEEN POSTPONED!

Just got off the phone with Steve. They have had rain every day this week, and more is coming Saturday morning. The battlefield needs extensive work, and one of main groundskeepers is out due to injury.

Tentatively rescheduled for next weekend - will updated you all when I know more.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:45 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Let us DAK guys know. We were all primed and ready to go. I confess this may work out for me as this weather coverage has me really busy at work.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:51 PM
SCAT PATTON

Sorry guys we had to postpone it. Just to much rain. Stay tuned regarding next weekend.

Steve
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any decisions on battleday this Sat?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:12 PM
SCAT PATTON

Sorry gang I wont be able to do it this weekend. I will check with my better half and see what next weekend looks like.