Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Airsoft BB's

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 AM
bigskydude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long Airsoft BB's

It seems like there are a lot of people that have issues with there airsoft gear on Heng Long tanks. So I would like to offer some advice as I'm a 10 year veteran of "airsofting"(kinda like paintballbut better).Doesn't matter if its a model tank or an airsoft gun, same rules apply...

*IMPORTANT* Rule #1: NEVER use the bb's that come with the gun(they are garbage and can jam/damage your gear)
Rule #2 : Lube your barrel and hop-up regularly with a very "light" coating of silicon oil(no other type of oil!)
Rule #3 : Only use high quality(seamless) airsoft bb's(.2g seem to be the best with a stock Heng Long set-up)

If you follow these rules religously the chances of having any problems will be cut in half(I can speak from experience)....

Old 02-14-2010, 12:12 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long Airsoft BB's

ORIGINAL: Disposable Hero

It seems like there are a lot of people that have issues with there airsoft gear on Heng Long tanks. So I would like to offer some advice as I'm a 10 year veteran of ''airsofting''(kinda like paintball but better). Doesn't matter if its a model tank or an airsoft gun, same rules apply...

*IMPORTANT* Rule #1 : NEVER use the bb's that come with the gun(they are garbage and can jam/damage your gear)
Rule #2 : Lube your barrel and hop-up regularly with a very ''light'' coating of silicon oil(no other type of oil!)
Rule #3 : Only use high quality(seamless) airsoft bb's(.2g seem to be the best with a stock Heng Long set-up)

If you follow these rules religously the chances of having any problems will be cut in half(I can speak from experience)....

I agree. For all the time I spent trying different mods, the thing that had the best result was the regular use of silicone spray in the barrel.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:16 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Question- I use a dry silicone spray (usually spray it on a pipe cleaner and then insert it into the barrel) I use the end of the pipe cleaner to dry the inner barrel. My upgraded airsoft gun use either a madbull or promethus 6.03 barrels (and matrix 020g bbs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsK1z7K_7Vk

Old 02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
bigskydude

you got it!.... ...I'm running the same set-up in my airsoft m733(4x20 illuminated scope,madbull 6.03mm tightbore barrel,madbull "shark" bucking/"H" nub,upgraded spring&piston)except I'm shooting about 400FPS with .25g bb's......great forgiving somebody "cauliflowerear"at 100ft...mmmuuuwhhhaaaa!

Rule #1: ALWAYS aim for the head
Rule #2: always double tap(want to make sure the guy knows hes been hit)
Rule #3: when shooting women and children(if they're stupid enough to play airsoft with the"big-boys")don't LEAD them as much...

WAR IS HELL...LOLOLOL
Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have Airsoft pistols that shoot faster and harder than that! moded ones that is ...I also have a M16 M4-s full metal that shoots close to 500fps also!

you got it!.... ...I'm running the same set-up in my airsoft m733(4x20 illuminated scope,madbull 6.03mm tightbore barrel,madbull ''shark'' bucking/''H'' nub,upgraded spring&piston) except I'm shooting about 400FPS with .25g bb's......great for giving somebody ''cauliflower ear'' at 100ft...mmmuuuwhhhaaaa! [img][/img]

Rule #1: ALWAYS aim for the head
Rule #2: always double tap(want to make sure the guy knows hes been hit)
Rule #3: when shooting women and children(if they're stupid enough to play airsoft with the ''big-boys'') don't LEAD them as much...

WAR IS HELL...LOLOLOL
Old 02-14-2010, 01:59 PM
1sgt

Can you give us a brand name for the silicone spray?

Jim
Old 02-14-2010, 02:01 PM
shenlonco

I use this stuff it's great.
http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-26-s...soft-guns.aspx
Old 02-14-2010, 02:53 PM
bigskydude

Well I play on regulated fields with referees,and they check your gun before the battles start,and they have a limit of 400 FPS for rifles/300 FPS for pistols/ and 600 FPS for sniper rifles(w 75-100ft minium range). Its one thing to shoot at targets with a maxed-out gun, but getting hit with 400fps at 50ft, and you'll know it!!! lol..I hate limits, but they do it for safety.....hell they even have a full-mask rules they started in 2009as a lot of people were getting chipped teeth and bb's in their ears(hmmhmm )...i think insurance companys are forcing them to do it as just about every major field I've played at is doing the same thing...

I will tell you, its much harder to trick out a gun to "specs" then to just throw a ton of hop-ups in it and make it as powerful as possible....
Old 02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
shenlonco

Yea i just collect and target shoot I don't play airsoft .
Old 02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
bananapirate

my STG44 was shooting around 450fps stock, and the silicone spray hugely improved that. it's a wicked gun

Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM
bigskydude

I love the 44....was kinda thinking of getting one....
Old 02-14-2010, 03:57 PM
bananapirate

I love the 44....was kinda thinking of getting one....
the entire thing is metal and extremely solid, probably the best built/most sturdy airsoft gun out there. I think its the hardest shooting unmodified gun that you can buy

You can get a real wood stock with it too. You can get killer deals on them on ebay occasionaly